PDA

View Full Version : Cannot load any disk image into 20-09-04 DCastaway

fil
September 22nd, 2004, 08:46
i cant load any image, ive tried unzipped st images and unzipped msa, i have my tos rom named rom and i have a diskB with a renamed st image

every time i select an image it just goes to the ST desktop

what am i doing wrong?

any help would be appreciated

elefas
September 22nd, 2004, 14:24
image files should not have extensions! e.g. if you have a disk image lets say "puzzle.st" rename it to "puzzle"

qatmix
September 22nd, 2004, 16:18
you are wrong Elefas. I have mine with extensions (.MAS and ST) and they all work well.

make sure they are not zipped. You also do not need DiskB anymore.

thebear99
September 22nd, 2004, 17:36
I think it has something to do with the tos version. I tried using US version 1.04 and US version 1.02 and US version 1.6. I don't have a UK 1.04 version. All went to a black screen after selecting the image file.

Then I burned a CD with emutos on it, and after selecting an image, it went to a blank screen with an image of the ST keyboard slightly overlapping the bottom. The game would not load. It just sat on that blank screen. I am building up a pile of mini frisbees, but I don't care. I really want to play ST games on my dreamcast and I thank the authors for providing this emu. I just hope I can get mine working.

Can anyone verify whether it will work with US 1.04 or any other US tos version? Also, can anyone verify whether it will work with emutos? Is there a UK version of Emutos? I saw different languages, but only one English version.
Thanks for any help.
Tom

elefas
September 22nd, 2004, 18:42
you are wrong Elefas. I have mine with extensions (.MAS and ST) and they all work well.

make sure they are not zipped. You also do not need DiskB anymore.

Well extensions didm't work for me! When I erased em worked fine!

fil
September 22nd, 2004, 19:49
i already had all my images without the extensions and its still not working ( also uncompressed)

might be the tos, although i am using 1.04 UK, which is the one told to use

hopefully the authors will release another version soon that is a bit more stable

Eric
September 23rd, 2004, 08:45
I am having the same problem i got UK version 1.4 and i got a black screen also couldnt load the game for some reason

Zherae
February 4th, 2005, 04:14
Me too but I was using DCHakker apparently thats not the problem but the version of the TOS? Doesn't hurt to try with other versions, removing the extensions sounds intriguing too!

Zherae
February 4th, 2005, 17:07
Tried a different bios and it worked! No problems with dchakker afteral ;D