PDA

View Full Version : Man assaults child over Gears of War!

Elven6
November 11th, 2006, 21:48
Teen put in hospital by 36-year-old man as a result of stock shortages

While it’s normally hardware launches that prompt violence and silliness, it would seem that recently reviewed title Gears of War reached such a level of hype that some customers were actually prepared to use their fists to secure themselves a copy.

According to reports currently floating around the internet, a 15-year-old boy was attacked and actually put into hospital by a 36-year-old man who kicked off in a queue outside a branch of Gamestop in Detroit.

Apparently, the argument developed after store clerks informed the crowd that stocks were running out, at which point the 36-year-old customer attempted to cut in line and when challenged swore at and repeatedly punched the 15-year-old who was to receive the last copy of the game.

Naturally the police were called and the man was arrested for aggravated assault and is currently awaiting arraignment at a local correctional facility.

The kid on the other hand was so badly beaten that he had to go to hospital for treatment to wounds on his face, head and neck. The real bummer though is he doesn’t even have his rightful copy of Gears of War to play as he mends either – this is currently being held by police as evidence.

http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=104

JKKDARK
November 11th, 2006, 22:15
lol what a loser. It will not happen here, because the game was canceled :P

Elven6
November 11th, 2006, 22:27
lol unless someone rushes the local import store, why was it canceled it Germany?

JKKDARK
November 11th, 2006, 22:30
lol unless someone rushes the local import store, why was it canceled it Germany?

Due to its extreme violence and body-chainsawing antics, said USK. :(

Destroyer699
November 11th, 2006, 22:39
Wow, I didn't know it was that good of a game.

Elven6
November 11th, 2006, 22:41
I wonder how the H3 launch will be

Destroyer699
November 11th, 2006, 22:44
Im scared now....

Elven6
November 11th, 2006, 22:45
shh don't worry its gonna be all right, the suns almost up and the evil trollz will go away!

TCLCloud
November 11th, 2006, 23:31
If people are doing this its gotta be worth gettng.....

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 11th, 2006, 23:41
i dont like the camera angle of the game at all. I wish it were FPS. I might go check it out at my friends house, because I normally only pc game, because i dont own any consoles... Just a ownage pc gaming machine.

knman00
November 12th, 2006, 02:43
the gamestop store clerk should have been arrested too because gears of war has an M 17+ rating why did he sell it to a 15 year old??? this just goes to show that the esrb ratings dont mean jack the guy who asaulted the kid should be the rightful owner

Cap'n 1time
November 12th, 2006, 04:04
the new unreal engine has that effect on people i guess.

Elven6
November 12th, 2006, 19:30
the gamestop store clerk should have been arrested too because gears of war has an M 17+ rating why did he sell it to a 15 year old??? this just goes to show that the esrb ratings dont mean jack the guy who asaulted the kid should be the rightful owner

No one really gives a damn over ratings, I bought Halo 2 when I was 14!

Voltage
November 13th, 2006, 04:34
serves the kid right he was probly to young to play the game anyway.

Cap'n 1time
November 13th, 2006, 16:35

your a moron.

mr.psp
November 13th, 2006, 16:41
lol was he banned for saying that?

Elven6
November 13th, 2006, 23:42

Unless the game has Sex in it the public dosen't give a damn. I doubt that clerk would sell him a Leisure Suit Larry Game unless the game is new to the country and dosen't know anything about Video games and what not.