PDA

View Full Version : TA-086 Images Surface In China

wraggster
November 11th, 2006, 21:51
The new PSP Hardware revision known as Ta-086 has had new images surface in China (http://pocket.levelup.cn/show.php?BigChannel=%C6%C6%BD%E2&SmallChannel=%C6%C6%BD%E2%D6%B1%BB%F7&id=1384)

Images Via Comments, What secrets the TA-086 holds in unknown at this time but as soon as we find out we will let you know.

splodger15
November 11th, 2006, 21:59
This has got to be a bad mobo to get

Elven6
November 11th, 2006, 22:00
That really sucks, does Sony really think this will help stop piracy and stuff? I mean how many people would have actually bought a PSP if they could not run Homebrew?

the_eternal_dark
November 11th, 2006, 22:09
That really sucks, does Sony really think this will help stop piracy and stuff? I mean how many people would have actually bought a PSP if they could not run Homebrew?

I would have if they had released some good games earlier on.

MikeDX
November 11th, 2006, 22:11
I would suggest that less than 2% of psp owners worldwide are aware of homebrew... so I doubt this makes a damn bit of difference to most people. Those in the know will buy an older model

penileartery
November 11th, 2006, 22:15
maybe...just maybe it has something to do with their memory for the firmware. lol someone should check that out

the_eternal_dark
November 11th, 2006, 22:22
maybe...just maybe it has something to do with their memory for the firmware. lol someone should check that out

Maybe it comes shipped with 2.8 and doesn't recognize any older firmware, so a no go with downgrades. If you brick it trying to do so, maybe it has a memory footprint so that if you send it to Sony, they can see exactly what you tried to do and deny you a waranty replacement. That will suck for some people.

Avenyet
November 11th, 2006, 23:05
yuo can probably put money on it this is for the future firmware due to the serious lack atm and they just slap version 3.0 on it just to totaly screw you but it don;t really matter to much becasue its only a matter of time before someone finds a way round it. like someone said elsewhere (dunno who) we still have many other ways to hack a PSP like the good old MP3 format i;m sure someone could find a hole in that...

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 11th, 2006, 23:21
WOW..time has passed!

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 11th, 2006, 23:27
it wont be long till older versions will sell for lots on ebay. bricked or not...

the_eternal_dark
November 11th, 2006, 23:52
it wont be long till older versions will sell for lots on ebay. bricked or not...

I doubt they'll be much more expensive than they already are. Freaking rip if you ask me. There are tons of older versions there and the price is still high.

F9zDark
November 12th, 2006, 00:35
A friend of mine wants a PSP and is waiting for the price to come down; but wants homebrew capabilities...

Just another nail in the coffin for his dreams I think, but I keep tellin him "get one now if you want homebrew".

sony.1991
November 12th, 2006, 01:27
Mabey we wont have to worry about the TA-086 mabey when the make the PS3 hombrew friendly they'll do the same for PSP.

XioN980
November 12th, 2006, 02:22
Ummm yeah, this MoBo is veeeeeery different, open yours up and compare to the image, there seems to be LESS of everything either that or its spread out, very different looking circuitry, just in case anyone one was wondering, this one is like the 082- NO MODCHIPS, no where to put it

the_eternal_dark
November 12th, 2006, 03:51
Best bet now is to buy a brick from ebay and get a modchip (if they dropped in price lately).

juggaleaux
November 12th, 2006, 05:20
as much as I hate Sony for doing this, you have to admit it is clever.

mavsman4457
November 12th, 2006, 05:21
Best bet now is to buy a brick from ebay and get a modchip (if they dropped in price lately).

Well if you do that then the best place to get a mod chip with installation would be from newagepsx.com which charges $190 after shipping so you would have to factor that into your purchase. Also, I can't really find any bricks on ebay but I would love to pick one up and get it modded then sell my 1.5.

the_eternal_dark
November 12th, 2006, 07:42
Well if you do that then the best place to get a mod chip with installation would be from newagepsx.com which charges $190 after shipping so you would have to factor that into your purchase. Also, I can't really find any bricks on ebay but I would love to pick one up and get it modded then sell my 1.5.

Why sell the 1.5? Sell the modded one and make more money.

ab88
November 12th, 2006, 08:16
yuo can probably put money on it this is for the future firmware due to the serious lack atm and they just slap version 3.0 on it just to totaly screw you but it don;t really matter to much becasue its only a matter of time before someone finds a way round it. like someone said elsewhere (dunno who) we still have many other ways to hack a PSP like the good old MP3 format i;m sure someone could find a hole in that...

Well it's not as easy as that, I figured it should be common sense by now that fanjita (as he used to be the pioneer of homebrew on higher firmwares, I'm just using him as an example.) is not always going to come and rescue you.

jonezybaby
November 12th, 2006, 13:11
i think as TA-082 wont downgrade past 2.5, i think TA-086 wont downgrade past 2.8. just a guess?

Veskgar
November 12th, 2006, 19:05
TA-086 can't be good. Looking back, I wish I had purchased a couple more 1.50 PSP's.