PDA

View Full Version : Die Critters Die!

wraggster
November 11th, 2006, 22:00
the_darkside_986 posted this news/release:

Presenting to the fine members of the psp homebrew community:

A playable demo of my upcoming game Die, Critters, Die!.

What is this? This is like Frogger, except you run over the animals with your car. The controls are simple: use D-pad OR analog stick to move car around to dodge deer and traffic cones and try to hit the cute little possums and bunny rabbits. No real objective except gaining a high score before running out of health. The start button is used for starting the game and pausing.

This is just a demo, but the final game should be released around the end of the year or beginning of next. It will have three built in levels as well as the ability to mod levels and objects using a plain text file.

Did I mention, this is written in C not LUA! LUA is good though but I have known C/C++ for a long time. I wrote this using a game engine for the PSP that I am developing.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments
via the_darkside_986 (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1164239&postcount=1)

Emeriastone
November 11th, 2006, 22:07
NICE. Simple, entertaining and effective. I very much like. Also keep us informed on this game engine that you're developing!

CrAzY_fLiP3
November 11th, 2006, 23:11
everyone loves the carnage of furry little animal critters :D

sony.1991
November 12th, 2006, 01:17
Need's a menu, better GUI, more characters, but it's alright.

How long did it take for you to come up with this concoction of code?

TacticalBread
November 12th, 2006, 04:53
AHAH! This is great! Just the thing to kill time, when nothing else satifies my boredom. :D

mr_nick666
November 12th, 2006, 12:27
Nice idea! :) (not that Ive got anything against possums or bunnies! :o ).. Maybe you could do a zombie mod for it too...!? :p