PDA

View Full Version : gpsp0.8 kai 2.2 (GBA Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
November 11th, 2006, 22:35
Takka has released a new release of his Unnofficial version of the GBA Emulator GPSP for the PSP:

Heres the crappy translation:

The acceleration of save state
With this environment
 With sony 1G [memosute] approximately 25 seconds - > approximately 2.5 seconds (acceleration of approximately 10 times)
 With san disk 4G [memosute] approximately 2.5 seconds - > approximately 2.5 seconds (almost the change)
Was.

Yep the translation is rubbish

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kingreuben
November 11th, 2006, 22:44
Kool thank you!!

First Comment!!!

Avenyet
November 11th, 2006, 22:52
Damn still doesn't even load under Eloader 0.99 (firmware 2.71) anyone had any luck with a lower fireware version?

OORR do i have to rename the bios again (trys it)

EDIT

nope renamed to everything it could possibly be and its still crashes oh well soon we will have a GBA emu for 2.71 but until then...

well i can;t complain too much they've done a wonderful job so far ^^ so keep up the good work and who know i might help a bit with the code (after my uni work...)

Nikolaos
November 11th, 2006, 22:58
Kool thank you!!

First Comment!!!

lol this isnt qj ok ?

ne ways you should try and impliment something new in the gui :) like lets say cpu speed ?

Nikolaos
November 11th, 2006, 23:00
Damn still doesn't even load under Eloader 0.99 (firmware 2.71) anyone had any luck with a lower fireware version?

OORR do i have to rename the bios again (trys it)

EDIT

nope renamed to everything it could possibly be and its still crashes oh well soon we will have a GBA emu for 2.71 but until then...

well i can;t complain too much they've done a wonderful job so far ^^ so keep up the good work and who know i might help a bit with the code (after my uni work...)

hey, are you afraid to downgrade to 1.5 ? and than upgrade to 2.71 SE-B'' ? than you can play all the homebrew you want with pretty much 2.71 features. theres no catch.

tragedie
November 11th, 2006, 23:16
oh well soon we will have a GBA emu for 2.71 but until then...

FW 2.71 can load gbSP 0.8 (HENC Compatible) via HENC.

Also, you can DevHook 2.71 to trick the PSP into thinking its a 1.5 Firmware and run gbSP 0.8 (fw 1.5) from XMB.

HENC Thread (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-eloaders-37415.html)
gbSP 0.8 (HENC Compatible) Thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37549)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 11th, 2006, 23:17
whats the update, i don't get it?!?!?

the_eternal_dark
November 11th, 2006, 23:48
whats the update, i don't get it?!?!?

Looks like savestate speed increases.

pspfan2006z
November 12th, 2006, 00:11
The acceleration of save state
With this environment
 With sony 1G [memosute] approximately 25 seconds - > approximately 2.5 seconds (acceleration of approximately 10 times)
---> My translation will be:
If you are using Sony 1GB, it will take only 2.5 seconds to save the "state" of the game. Previously it will take 25 seconds. (Improvement by 10 times)

With san disk 4G [memosute] approximately 2.5 seconds - > approximately 2.5 seconds (almost the change)

My translation will be: Using San Disk 4G, it will take 2.5 seconds to save the "state" of the game. Previously 2.5 seconds (No improvement).

dzeikei
November 12th, 2006, 00:43
Since it mentions 'kai' in the name, im presuming that this version allows connection to Xlink Kai network for multiplayer over Internet?

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

for those who dont know

M!ckeY
November 12th, 2006, 01:17
Since it mentions 'kai' in the name, im presuming that this version allows connection to Xlink Kai network for multiplayer over Internet?

for those who dont know

No, it does not.

fucht017
November 12th, 2006, 01:22
Is it me?...Beceause there isn't much happening EMULATION wise lately...it's quiet, to quiet:(

shadowprophet
November 12th, 2006, 01:34
the problem isnt the scene and its not that its necessarily slow at the moment. in general. there has been a (console depression) next gen hardware has caused many people to lose focus on current generation hw. this (depression) will only last untill the next gen is established and some market focus is placed on the psp. then i assume things will pick up for the psp scene once again.

As long as the commercial market fails for the psp. so will the homebrew scene. as more and more people lose interest in the device, we lose more members to the scene.. its funny how the commercial market and homebrew market are one in the same in that respect.

mavsman4457
November 12th, 2006, 01:37
the problem isnt the scene and its not that its necessarily slow at the moment. in general. there has been a (console depression) next gen hardware has caused many people to lose focus on current generation hw. this (depression) will only last untill the next gen is established and some market focus is placed on the psp. then i assume things will pick up for the psp scene once again.

As long as the commercial market fails for the psp. so will the homebrew scene. as more and more people lose interest in the device, we lose more members to the scene.. its funny how the commercial market and homebrew market are one in the same in that respect.

Although I do agree with you a little bit I think the quietness is mainly a coincidence that is bound to happen. It's just a slow time and that's all that can be said. Once the PSone emulators start coming out and the PS3 to PSP connectivity with the new PSP firmware is established then the homebrew scene will thrive. Once something worth devhooking comes out, Booster will release a new one.

kpaul_nyc
November 12th, 2006, 02:09
lol this isnt qj ok ?

ne ways you should try and impliment something new in the gui :) like lets say cpu speed ?

or turn audio off.... I want to use it with ir shell...

Vega
November 12th, 2006, 02:31

I have to disagree man.. I think the PSP scene is alive and well.. we cant expect a decent / good/ great release every week that comes along. I cant speak for coders... but many of us are still playing PSP like f*** and we ( or at least I ) don't expect a pounding release all so often. There has been many a time when the PSP scene has gone quiet for a fortnight or two and then BAM... we are hit with something out of the blue.
Maybe I am looking to the brightness too much... but I have and will remain to have full faith in the PSP scene.
We have alot to look forward to.... so a little quitness won't upset me in the least.
I don't feel that the commercial interest reflects the homebrew scene at all.

BTW... if this release still can't fix the Mario vs Donkey Kong bug.. then I will be waiting for an official release from Exophase.

Basil Zero
November 12th, 2006, 04:21
Looks like savestate speed increases.

i hope so, because in the Exophase emu, it took me 5 min and still wouldnt save...gonna try this one out now....

Cap'n 1time
November 12th, 2006, 04:21

for those who dont know

nope, that would have been sort of cool though.

Exophase
November 12th, 2006, 05:34
Finally, something of possible interest that I feel like checking the source for.

Although I'm still highly annoyed that this guy is making no effort whatsoever to communicate with me.

emuking
November 12th, 2006, 06:55
Finally, something of possible interest that I feel like checking the source for.

Although I'm still highly annoyed that this guy is making no effort whatsoever to communicate with me.

he's made no form of communication with you, well that's strange :confused: , let's hope he doesn't pretend to tout it as his work completely, now that would be annoying seeing how your the coder who created the emulator to begin with :)

ALF
November 12th, 2006, 08:18
he's made no form of communication with you, well that's strange :confused: , let's hope he doesn't pretend to tout it as his work completely, now that would be annoying seeing how your the coder who created the emulator to begin with :)

HAHA true that this guy is poop in a bucket, and i dont like how it smells one bit:p

Exophase you should tell this guy to poop off your beautiful emulator:p

ab88
November 12th, 2006, 08:28
hey, are you afraid to downgrade to 1.5 ? and than upgrade to 2.71 SE-B'' ? than you can play all the homebrew you want with pretty much 2.71 features. theres no catch.

Ever heard of TA-082??, sorry I have to say it dude but I'm just annoyed of people that just leave the "just use SE B'' you noob" comments.

HAHA true that this guy is poop in a bucket, and i dont like how it smells one bit:p

Exophase you should tell this guy to poop off your beautiful emulator:p

Well the point of releasing the source is precisely this, to have other devs look at your code and find ways to improve it, and it seems that's what he did so your comment is totaly off topic. The coder has not communicated with Exophase, true. But as far as I know he has NOT tried to claim the work as his own, and him releasing the source is proof of that (Yoshihiro anyone?)

John Vattic
November 12th, 2006, 08:57
lol yoshihiro

by the way how's gpsp 9 exophase?

ALF
November 12th, 2006, 09:06
dont be smart with me ab88 i know what im talking about and if i say this guy is poop then he's poop. :p

Yoshihiro now I have to admite that is some funny shat.

Exophase
November 12th, 2006, 10:04
Ever heard of TA-082??, sorry I have to say it dude but I'm just annoyed of people that just leave the "just use SE B'' you noob" comments.

Well the point of releasing the source is precisely this, to have other devs look at your code and find ways to improve it, and it seems that's what he did so your comment is totaly off topic. The coder has not communicated with Exophase, true. But as far as I know he has NOT tried to claim the work as his own, and him releasing the source is proof of that (Yoshihiro anyone?)

They're supposed to improve it by working with the maintainer(s), not releasing their own forks for kicks :P

Here, let me paste this from the FAQ in the gpSP readme.

"Q) I want to modify gpSP. How can I do this, and am I at liberty to do
so?

A) Yes, you are, under the terms of the GPL (see the included COPYING.DOC). You can download the sourcecode from whereever you downloaded this; if you can't find it please e-mail me and I'll give you a link to it. I would vastly appreciate it if you contacted me first before forking my project, especially if you're just looking to gain recognition without adding much to it. It's better to keep all changes tidy in one branch of development.

I would like to stress this a little more seriously (hopefully those interested are reading this). Although you are legally entitled to release your own forks of gpSP it would be much more benficial to me, to you, and to the users of this program if you instead tried working with me to get your changes incorporated into the next version. I really don't feel like competing with other builds of my source anymore, so please do me a big favor and send me an e-mail if you want to work with gpSP."

I don't think I have to add anything else here.

dzeikei
November 12th, 2006, 13:30
I know this could be a scary thought for all you native English speakers... but maybe he cant speak English? :P

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 12th, 2006, 13:49
They're supposed to improve it by working with the maintainer(s), not releasing their own forks for kicks :P

Here, let me paste this from the FAQ in the gpSP readme.

"Q) I want to modify gpSP. How can I do this, and am I at liberty to do
so?

A) Yes, you are, under the terms of the GPL (see the included COPYING.DOC). You can download the sourcecode from whereever you downloaded this; if you can't find it please e-mail me and I'll give you a link to it. I would vastly appreciate it if you contacted me first before forking my project, especially if you're just looking to gain recognition without adding much to it. It's better to keep all changes tidy in one branch of development.

I would like to stress this a little more seriously (hopefully those interested are reading this). Although you are legally entitled to release your own forks of gpSP it would be much more benficial to me, to you, and to the users of this program if you instead tried working with me to get your changes incorporated into the next version. I really don't feel like competing with other builds of my source anymore, so please do me a big favor and send me an e-mail if you want to work with gpSP."

I don't think I have to add anything else here.

Well said polite and to the point but common courtesy should have told the guy to ask 1st YES he was entitled to do it but manners cost nothing and are worth alot.I am really itching for YOUR next official realease any chance NJ's interface from his emus could be incorperated ? its nice clean simple and doesnt seem to hog to many resources.

shadowprophet
November 12th, 2006, 17:22

He sais stuff when hes high that just doesnt make since. He needs to watch himself, He woudlnt want to cross the line with me :eek: Lol :p

also. is it proper to call the homebrew scene the homebrew market? damn.. i do go to some strange places of thought when im high... lol

On a side note. All those times i said i dindt want a ps3 because of its unreasonible price.. all that has changed. the closer it gets to launch day. the more I want one..

*feels like a market controlled puppet..

The King
November 12th, 2006, 17:45
this looks and plays beter than the previus ones

Veskgar
November 12th, 2006, 18:58
I'm not interested in this release. Faster Save States? I've got an Ultra II memory stick, it saves plenty fast.

Is that seriously all that is claimed as new? It saves states faster?

Come on, thats sort of an insult to Exophase. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't speak English, but if he can work on code for gpSP, he can figure out a way to contact Exophase.

Like I said before, I'll just wait for an official release. What should not be forgotten is that every update that Exophase has released has been incredibly significant. They were not minor updates by any means.

Quality beats quantity --

gunntims0103
November 12th, 2006, 19:04
I'm not interested in this release. Faster Save States? I've got an Ultra II memory stick, it saves plenty fast.

Is that seriously all that is claimed as new? It saves states faster?

Come on, thats sort of an insult to Exophase. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't speak English, but if he can work on code for gpSP, he can figure out a way to contact Exophase.

Like I said before, I'll just wait for an official release. What should not be forgotten is that every update that Exophase has released has been incredibly significant. They were not minor updates by any means.

Quality beats quantity --

hence my thoughts exactly

sappo
November 12th, 2006, 21:17
[MEMOSUTE] means Memory Stick.

Basil Zero
November 12th, 2006, 22:49
i have to thank this new coder(and cant forget about Exophase), because now i can save state YES!!!!

psman
November 12th, 2006, 22:49
ok now that is some fast save state speeds

SmashinGit
November 12th, 2006, 23:09
If this person is not following the gpl lisence, maybe sites shouldn't be hosting it? Last thing I would want to see is Exophase annoyed and not to release a new version.

Exophase
November 12th, 2006, 23:44
It's following GPL, it's okay to host it.