PDA

View Full Version : PSP Genesis Collection

quzar
November 12th, 2006, 06:25
Play Asia will start shipping tomorrow for the new Genesis Collection for PSP.

Already out on PS2, this collection features a slew of great Sega classics:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Altered Beast
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Comix Zone
Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
Ecco the Dolphin
Ecco II: The Tides of Time
Ecco Jr.
Kid Chameleon
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe I
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
Virtua Fighter 2

USD $38 (with shipping to US)

Sega Genesis Collection for PSP U.S. version (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-4l9j-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1mlz.html)

TacticalBread
November 12th, 2006, 06:59
Why exactly is this rated "T"? I haven't played all of these, but of the ones I've played, they don't seem like "T" material. Just my opinion though. :rolleyes:

samthegreat68
November 12th, 2006, 07:01
the mortal kombats should be in there.. but then it would have to be rated M for mature i guess. :P

TacticalBread
November 12th, 2006, 07:06
Oh, yeah. Lol, I forgot about Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat did have quite a bit of blood, and whatnot.

Makaveli777
November 12th, 2006, 07:31
I guess this would be good for people who upgraded.... otherwise I already have these on my psp so.....

the_eternal_dark
November 12th, 2006, 07:34
I guess this would be good for people who upgraded.... otherwise I already have these on my psp so.....

I was going to say something about the upgrading and emulators, but you already did.

I do miss Vectorman and the Phantasy Star games though....

mr_nick666
November 12th, 2006, 12:25
It does miss the Mortal Combats and why have they only put a couple of their (flagship character I might add) Sonic games on there? :confused: Still looks like a nice little package though :p (great days... :rolleyes: )

JKKDARK
November 12th, 2006, 13:07
too bad, no Sonic 3 :(

valar
November 12th, 2006, 13:56
there is mortal combat 1,2,3 in midway arcade collection if anyone is interested to get these games...

waco13
November 12th, 2006, 17:25
Why is it that they can put in Gonden Axe 1-3, Phantasy star 2-4, but they can't fit in Revenge of Shinobi? They even have Ecco Jr., but can't fit in Splatterhouse 1, 2 or 3. How much space does a UMD have on it? 1.8 gig....how come None of the Streets of Rage games are there? I know I can just play them on an emulator...man if I was fw 2.8+ I would feel cheated. Those games (generally) don't take up more than 1mb a piece. Aaaaannnnddd I'm spent!!!:p

Basil Zero
November 12th, 2006, 22:53
i got most of the games already, Rated T, i wouldnt rate it T, i guess maybe because of Virtua Fighter and Golden Axe..but those werent even violent, man this is just like FFOrigins,where they rated it as T, when it wasnt.

Cap'n 1time
November 13th, 2006, 00:23
Personally, Id rather own this package then have bootleg roms emulated. Support good companies like Sega, Capcom, Konami, Midway, etc by purchasing their games. Not only did these companies provide us with some of the most memorable games in our youth, but they still manage to keep em coming.