PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE FAME C (Well VERY Alpha)

FOL
November 12th, 2006, 15:03
Hi, just thought I would post an update on the progress of FAME C.

Ric uploaded a very early Alpha of PSPUAE with FAME C core yesterday. Before I go any further, its not for release as yet, as it is an Alpha and it is still buggy. So please dont ask for it to be released, it will be released when it is ready.

It looks promissing, as there is a noticable speed increase (THIS DOES NOT MEAN FULLSPEED). Ric has already stressed the fact that this is an alpha and there is still plenty of room for optimisations, to make it better. We are currently testing it, for bugs / problems, so please be patience.

In tests I have done so far, most games seem to gain from 1 to 10 (Approx) FPS. This is approx as im still testing.

you can keep track of the progress at http://www.pspuae.com

gunntims0103
November 12th, 2006, 15:10
great work this emu keeps getting better and better

Kramer
November 12th, 2006, 15:46
Cool I cant wait for a release.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 12th, 2006, 15:47
Cool it's always a pleasure to hear/see how this fantastic emu is progressing will sweat it out though till speed is good and constant kep up the good work guyz/gals.

luthor_70
November 12th, 2006, 16:23
Great news !

splodger15
November 12th, 2006, 16:31
Keep up the great work

Baboon
November 12th, 2006, 16:53
Tip top news! :)

Hopefuly the public beta is going to be here quite soon.

I tried the current release for the first time today and was quite impressed with what it could do already!

FOL
November 12th, 2006, 17:03
Tip top news! :)

Hopefuly the public beta is going to be here quite soon.

I tried the current release for the first time today and was quite impressed with what it could do already!

See baboon, Horace did say it had improved, ;). The new beta (none FAME C) has some nice additions. Now tells you how much PSP memory is left in the Menu, plus memory gets compressed on creating a saved state, so smaller savestates. Hopefully that will be released soon, proberly after the menu has been updated to resemble WinUAE.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 12th, 2006, 17:32
See baboon, Horace did say it . Hopefully that will be released soon, proberly after the menu has been updated to resemble WinUAE.

Winuae has a horrible interface hopefully not to much like it.

FOL
November 12th, 2006, 17:48
Lost me, WinUAE has an awesome UI. Whats not to like about it, everything is laid out perfect. Will also have Preset configs, saves working out the Hardware setup for different Miggys.

sroon
November 12th, 2006, 17:56
Its great to have A niiice speeed emu!
( O ) ( O )

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 12th, 2006, 18:56
If all the settings are preset then its not too bad but config from scratch on winuae can be a pain imo :).

Hungry Horace
November 13th, 2006, 00:57
If all the settings are preset then its not too bad but config from scratch on winuae can be a pain imo :).

someone needs a greater knowledge of Amiga hardware methinks ;)

winuae is powerful and easy imho.... but i do love Amigas!

mr_nick666
November 13th, 2006, 10:15
Lost me, WinUAE has an awesome UI. Whats not to like about it, everything is laid out perfect. Will also have Preset configs, saves working out the Hardware setup for different Miggys.

Game and keyboard presets like on ZX81s emulators would be cool :D I cant be bothered to fanny about altering all the settings for each different game :o Great emulator though - looking forward to the new release :p

Hungry Horace
November 13th, 2006, 11:59
Game and keyboard presets like on ZX81s emulators would be cool :D I cant be bothered to fanny about altering all the settings for each different game :o Great emulator though - looking forward to the new release :p

it does already save game configs, with keys and all, just like the "oh so excellent" zx81 emulators, of which you are such a fanatic ;) - in fact, it does that and more!

the only thing is, when you really need such configs (Frontier or something for example) - how can you tell if another user will be able to suss out your layout? this is one thing that has prevented me releasing configs for pspectrum before. i had to change the ones on PSPsim because they didnt suit the way i wanted them, so i might as well have created one from scratch myself.

FOL
November 19th, 2006, 11:08

Just to let you know, I have now added a quick start menu, with preset configs. Just select the Miggy you want and then reset and your away, ;).

NOTE:- Its not in the current release, but in the beta being tested at the moment.

Baboon
November 19th, 2006, 11:39
All updates on this emu are much apreciated! :)

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the next beta release!

FOL
November 19th, 2006, 15:22
All updates on this emu are much apreciated! :)

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the next beta release!

Still got some bugs in the menu, but i need Ric, thinkp or MrModem to check it over.