PDA

View Full Version : Last hope for Dreamcast to pre-order

qatmix
November 12th, 2006, 17:53
http://banner.play-asia.com/paOS-1e-74-bs-49-en.gif (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3spw-49-en.html)

Last hope, the Dreamcast shooter is now available to pre-order.

Heres all the details:

Features
Free 360° rotary protection unit for shooting and dodging enemy fire
Six stages with checkpoints
Four difficulty levels
Hand drawn backgrounds
Fully animated CGI enemies
Superb video game style soundtrack
Constant 60 fps with up to 4 parallax layers
Lighting and transparency FX
Smooth plasma FX

http://image1.play-asia.com/350/PA.75142.002.jpg

description
The evil empire is rushing at light-speed across the galaxies, heading towards Mother Earth. Barely 24 hours ago, they penetrated the last defense line of our galaxy, the Arsion Laser Belt. Millions of innocent people perished in outer space colonies. 70% of our fleet was destroyed during first contact. Our intelligence has now extrapolated their arrival within six days. Conventional weapons cannot stop them. Our last hope is in your hands: The Z-42 Warpstar. Warp into their territories and destroy their leader before they reach Earth.

Last Hope is a shooting game with rotating satellite system and heavy influence by tactical game play. Memorizing level architecture and enemy patterns are necessary for further approaching. The satellite and the beam are the most important components of the game mechanics. You have to learn to deal with both techniques in interaction with the other. It is possible to rotate the protection unit in 360° around the playership and to engage it in 8 gradations. Just press "X" to shoot, "R-Trigger" to rotate clockwise and "L-Trigger" to rotate anticlockwise. The protection unit mainly serves the defense of enemy plasma projectiles and to fire a stronger plasma shot. There are four difficulty settings: very easy, easy, normal and hard. Less experienced players can enjoy the game on very easy and easy, while experienced players will enjoy the game on normal or challenging it on hard. There are a total of 6 stages. These vary from a sandily space laboratory, a channel fulfilled with muddy water, a idyllic landscape with floating continents, a soul melting enemy factory on fire to an eerily and muggy alien stage.

Last Hope is comparable to classics like R-Type and Gradius. Yet it has it's own visual impressive graphic style and fresh game play. It also features a superb 16-bit digital audio soundtrack, which suits perfectly the games atmosphere.

Exclusive features only available in the Dreamcast™ compatible version:

16-bit CD soundtrack
VMU support (saving + visuals)
DC joypad + arcade stick support (R- and L-trigger support)
Use of DCs soundchips (64 channels/stereo)
Highres title screen

Exclusive CD Game Modes:

Adjusted difficulty (Reduction of shoot frequency und flight velocity of enemy bullets / no ranking)
Explosions / particle effects reduced for more clarity on screen
Better hitting response for hit enemies
Improved visualization of boss hit zones

Preorder here (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3spw-71-x-49-en-84-j-70-1lza.html)

Edit: In case ya'll didn't know Here (http://www.lasthope.ngdevteam.com/) is the original site.

JKKDARK
November 12th, 2006, 18:12
Nice, I will pre-order it now :)

Cap'n 1time
November 12th, 2006, 20:11
Looks pretty sweet.

Imerion
November 12th, 2006, 21:54
Impressive! I didn't know Play-asia took in new DC-games. Will preorder soon!

quzar
November 12th, 2006, 22:19
Does anyone know how they're getting this published? I don't think it's through the goat store and if it's through someone else that's a big deal because it'll be the first non-goat independently published game.

Dull Blade
November 12th, 2006, 22:46
great, it's nice to see some more commercial releases. I doubt I'll order it, maybe.

fackue
November 12th, 2006, 23:16
Does anyone know how they're getting this published? I don't think it's through the goat store and if it's through someone else that's a big deal because it'll be the first non-goat independently published game.
I didn't bother reading about it, but I'd think it wouldn't have anything to do with independent games ie; it's a GD-ROM.

quzar
November 12th, 2006, 23:42
I didn't bother reading about it, but I'd think it wouldn't have anything to do with independent games ie; it's a GD-ROM.

they're not licensed by sega, therefore they are an independent game company.

Elven6
November 13th, 2006, 01:01
Is it going to be a CD or Gd-rom release? Do any publishers still publish on the ol GD?

JKKDARK
November 13th, 2006, 01:16
Is it going to be a CD or Gd-rom release?

CD.

fackue
November 13th, 2006, 01:44
My mistake. I did some searching and they're being published by redspotgames (http://www.redspotgames.com/). Their site is under construction though so I can't find much else about them. Google, Yahoo or Ask didn't turn up much else from Last Hope.

Mr Jones
November 15th, 2006, 06:40
Head over to the Neo-Geo.com forums, fackue. You'll find alot of talk about the game - it was released as a Neo Geo homebrew game first. Unfortunately its more negative than positive, not because its a bad game, but because its difficult.

...um...

...and because it sells for over 500 dollars. :(

fackue
November 15th, 2006, 07:21
Thanks, I'll check it out.

EDIT: I couldn't find anything about Last Hope on their forums, maybe I just looked in the wrong places. Thanks for the heads up though.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
November 15th, 2006, 15:49

what do u mean? i thought goat store was wwere the majority of new dc material was being sold thru. and if its on CD what type of security will the publisher offer?

quzar
November 15th, 2006, 15:55
what do u mean? i thought goat store was wwere the majority of new dc material was being sold thru. and if its on CD what type of security will the publisher offer?

Next time you have a question like that man, just look it up. The GOAT store publishes the games too.