PDA

View Full Version : Top ten things you may not have known about the Wii

wraggster
November 12th, 2006, 19:17
If you've been paying attention to every bit of Wii news and trivia over the past months, you might know all of the following facts about Nintendo's newest system. For those of you not so in the know, here are some factoids we picked up on while tinkering this weekend.

It doesn't play CDs, but it plays AVIs off your digital camera's SD card.
The flaps that protect the Gamecube controllers and memory card slots are removable.
Wii Sports includes training and workout modes.
You can let one remote control all four players in Wii Sports: Tennis.
It takes five pieces of heart to make a heart container in Zelda: Twilight Princess
The box includes two clear plastic holders: one for the sensor bar and another that acts as a stabilizer for the thick, gray console stand

When used as a pointer, the Wii detects how far the remote is from the sensor bar.
The system keeps track of your cumulative play time for all games, and logs it on your Wii's daily message board.
The standard A/V cables that have worked on every Nintendo system since the SNES do not work on the Wii (the system-side input is different)
The system doubles as a great whiteboard.

Accordion
November 12th, 2006, 19:22
firstly ...why five pieces of heart...?

second... so the Wii stand...needs a stand as well ???

King of Fire
November 12th, 2006, 19:25
Whoa i never knew that...5 pieces of heart??!! nNow why would you do that.?? :cool:

Cap'n 1time
November 12th, 2006, 20:03
Whoa i never knew that...5 pieces of heart??!! nNow why would you do that.?? :cool:

My guess, because the game is huge.

Accordion
November 12th, 2006, 20:16
more news:

The Wii stands stand, needs another stand for the the stand that supports the stand for the stand for the stand of the Wii consoles stands stand!!!

Kramer
November 12th, 2006, 20:21
more news:

The Wii stands stand, needs another stand for the the stand that supports the stand for the stand for the stand of the Wii consoles stands stand!!!

lol I have a feeling you dont like the Wii.

but it plays AVIs off your digital camera's SD card.

yay:)

emuking
November 12th, 2006, 21:46
yay i hope nintendo creates a video and music channel since it can play avi's and mp3's, please nintendo add support for streaming media and/or vc games from an external hd connected via usb to the back of the wii that would make me so damn happy :)

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 12th, 2006, 22:03
i wish they'd add a regular joypad for it...

smithy_andy
November 12th, 2006, 22:04
Does the one about wii sports, using one controller, mean golf i.e u can play with mates using one controller, instead of tennis cos it would be a bit hard playing tennis with one controller wouldnt it??

Accordion
November 12th, 2006, 22:20
lol I have a feeling you dont like the Wii.

actually i love it...and have one preordered...its just the manual, and these bits of news seem to contrast heavily with the original manifesto...i suppose i just find it funny that the stand requires a stand as well!

morninghead
November 12th, 2006, 23:04
Something just crossed my mind. The Wii has two USB ports and can support music in mp3 format. So that means if you have an external hard drive for your computer and put your music on that you can hear it on the Wii as well, right?

SnesR0X
November 12th, 2006, 23:21
probably not, they want you to buy sd cards to do that

mr.psp
November 13th, 2006, 07:38
will the wii act as an SD card reader if you hook it up to your computer via usb?

Adrenalin
November 13th, 2006, 11:28
Does the one about wii sports, using one controller, mean golf i.e u can play with mates using one controller, instead of tennis cos it would be a bit hard playing tennis with one controller wouldnt it??

i think it means you can play against yourself ....

It can play Avi's !!?? are you sure? I only heard it plays QuickTime format...

Man
November 13th, 2006, 11:40
The system doubles as a great whiteboard.
:eek:

AHHHHHH NOOOOOOO, i would never put marker on my Wii, lol. I could see my mom putting messages on it like "stop playing so much god dam WII!!!" i hope that you are kidding
:rolleyes:

mr.psp
November 13th, 2006, 16:28
i think, but i'm not sure, that what he meant was the Wii could project onto a surface (via a projector obviously) a white screen that could be drawn/written on with the Wii-mote