PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 3.0 PSone Downloadable Games

wraggster
November 12th, 2006, 20:09
Must be a slow news day as ive seen on a few sites today that the PSone games that are to be downloadable at the release of the Firmware 3.0 for PSP have been named. Well let me quote our excellent Japanese news poster Happy Mak (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40335&highlight=Hazard+Director%27s): (Who posted this on October 26th)

The official emulator titles for November have been announced (in japan). There are 9 in all going to be available from later part of November. Well 9 is a small number. I had perceived a big library available right at the start actually !!!

These will be available on the Playstation Store under the section "Game Archives"

BIO HAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT (Resident Evil to the west)
Konami Antiques MSX Collection Vol.1
Konami Antiques MSX Collection Vol.2
BishiBashi Special
JumpingFlash!
Everyones Golf 2
Silent Bomber
Tekken 2
Mister Driller

And yes it will require the latest firmware..so i guess most of you will keep themselves out or so?

So to all those sites posting a shoddy translation please change to the names above :D, thanks as always to Happy_Mak for his excellent news that we non japanese cant translate because crapy google etc cant translate the Japanese language properly.

Just a shame that Sony didnt stick some killer titles in that bunch above eh ?

Emeriastone
November 12th, 2006, 20:16
seriously, no kidding. Why won't Sony stick to those best seller titles? Like MGS or FF or Gran Tourismo etc. Come on now, get with the program!

LampDev
November 12th, 2006, 20:19
Ridge Racer, the game that was shown at the debut of the emulator by Kaz, didn't even make the list.

splodger15
November 12th, 2006, 20:20
I still wont update for this

I am just going to wait for ps1p

YourStillWithMe
November 12th, 2006, 20:21
yeah this is dumb sony better impress me when i get my ps3 it will be programmers dream that thing i know it will no FFVII, FFVIII, metal gear, thrasher, tony hawk, jet moto, tekken 3, (why 2???) Chrono Cross, Star wars, this is depressing

penileartery
November 12th, 2006, 20:41
i like the eumlator idea thing for the latest firmware...but i dont like the titles. what ever happened to Castlevania SOTN lol what?"! WHY!!!

weirdelf
November 12th, 2006, 20:49
Tekken 2 is quite a big title although I don't know why they don't release more

kafiend
November 12th, 2006, 21:08
Silent Hill is about all I'd ever consider the FW for (oh the hours of joy).
But then, "consider" is the keyword :P

kafiend
November 12th, 2006, 21:09
Silent Hill is about all I'd ever consider the FW upgrade for (oh the hours of joy).
But then, "consider" is the keyword :P

Gene
November 12th, 2006, 21:12
most likely they will release more, but maybe they have to finish converting/coding the other titles...

My only hope is that most titles take up less room than 700+mb on some games. I hope they can compress them down to something like half the size, but i may be asking for something impossible. we'll see how it works out sooner or later.

Mariopop87
November 12th, 2006, 21:15
BIO HAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT (Resident Evil to the west)
Just a shame that Sony didnt stick some killer titles in that bunch above eh ?

I think Biohazard is killer. <_<

Vega
November 12th, 2006, 21:22
I still wont update for this

I am just going to wait for ps1p

My thoughts exactly.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 12th, 2006, 21:23
hmmmm....im thinking......

emuking
November 12th, 2006, 21:27
if they give me silent hill and all the resident evils i might consider, but only slightly because the homebrew scene has slowed down right now, if it picks up again i might as well wait for ps1p

aries2k4
November 12th, 2006, 21:28
Resident evil directors cut is a good title, same as tekken2. Not enough for me to upgrade though.
Still hoping AC lets out a release because I already own resident evil.
I´m also curious of the size of the games and if there in eboot format.

carlitx
November 12th, 2006, 21:43
Sweet i just might update wen this ofical emu comes out cause the ps1p doesent seem to be apearing anytime soon.

Datahax
November 12th, 2006, 21:46
If Sony is smart* they'll make it so each game is an eboot. If they make a eboot emulator and distribute files someone will figure out how it works and create an ISO->PSXEMU file converter. And even so what will prevent people from just, sharing these PSX games? Even at that low price piracy will surface.

*(obviously by smart here I don't mean so smart that they just give up and let us have homebrew, but smart in the sense that they wanna make money and arn't changing their minds)

Veskgar
November 12th, 2006, 22:09
9 titles is definitely weak.

Endlessrain
November 12th, 2006, 22:17
Man, if they stuck Symphony of the Night in that list, I would be on that update so fast.

carlitx
November 12th, 2006, 22:38
ya id like some final fantasy titals in there as well. that would be soon awsom. ahh but we live in hope

imoneofthem
November 12th, 2006, 22:41
Bishi Bashi is a very popular title (in Japan).

It's a shame that they are not launching the emulator w/Tekken 3, for the time being we are stuck with moon jumping Tekken 2.

Basil Zero
November 12th, 2006, 22:47
Resident Evil and Tekken 2 will help the updates/sales on the psp...but...oh well...still not gonna update...since i have Tekken 5 and REmake lol

NSCXP2005
November 12th, 2006, 22:48
when is the update out?

Dbgtgoten
November 12th, 2006, 23:03
Umm my thoughts are thats the only games they could get running 100% xD and they had to release a quick library for 3.0 i wouldn't be surprised is Ps1p went and played those games and it went 100% speed xD they might be as stuck as the Ps1P you never know :P *thats why theres no big titles out there aka FF7 woot*

Anger
November 13th, 2006, 00:19
i dunno - i kinda liked jumping flash. however it HAS to have ridge racer in there otherwise why bother? i think there making them into a proprietary format so that cracking/copying is harder. this will also have a side effect of possibly good compression so...i think it might be worth the wait. time will tell.

Destroyer699
November 13th, 2006, 00:20
Interesting...

Cap'n 1time
November 13th, 2006, 00:31
Tomba? Crash Bandicoot? sure there are some good games in that list.. but where are MY favorites?

bm4n
November 13th, 2006, 01:29
didn't sony say they would have like 600 games? they are stupid cheating liars.

Tron_Fan
November 13th, 2006, 03:49
Those titles suck. I won't pay for any of them. *goes back to playing Bully*

Avenyet
November 13th, 2006, 07:33
great sony just great you've SOOO won me over and i was looking forward to this FINALLY i can play some decent games becasue PSX games from the PAL region sucked big time they were all just FIFA games... and i never managed to import games like chrono cross which i SO wanna play

Cloudhunter
November 13th, 2006, 09:10
didn't sony say they would have like 600 games? they are stupid cheating liars.

Not straight away, these are only the launch games... There will be more in time.

Cloudy

darn02
November 13th, 2006, 10:41
DaRn screams YES!!

Tinnus
November 13th, 2006, 11:30
Sorry, no Final Fantasy anytime soon.

Think about it. FF7 is about 1.8GB. FF8 & FF9 are about 2.5GB each.

They'll probably release FF7 in UMD or something though, because they know that this would sell as water in the desert.

one winged angel
November 13th, 2006, 13:11
Sorry, no Final Fantasy anytime soon.

Think about it. FF7 is about 1.8GB. FF8 & FF9 are about 2.5GB each.

They'll probably release FF7 in UMD or something though, because they know that this would sell as water in the desert.

i dont think that cause the max size of a umd is 1.8 GB i think.
so FF8 and 9 wouldnt fit ;)

Avenyet
November 13th, 2006, 13:42
compression my good freinds have any of u actually looked at the contents of an FF disc its all uncompressed well partly i managed to get FF8 compressed down to under 900MB and ran it in a PC EMU and it worked fine so i can see PSX game coming out for download and even if there are to big just do disc 1 disc 2 etc so then it will fit

but i heard a terrible rumor that sqaure doesn;t want sony to release them for download (probably becasue they wanna release them for PS3 maybe... like they did with FF1-6)

Tinnus
November 13th, 2006, 15:12
You cannot in this world compress a 2.5GB FF8 to 900MB without ripping anything.

Also remember that a big part of the FF discs were videos, and that can't be compressed much.

From my experience, a FF disc with 600-700 MB compresses to 500-600 at most.

Gold Line
November 13th, 2006, 16:53
most people will upgrade us 2.80 users hoped for a eloder or downgrader but never got 1 and homebrew is getting flat where did the n64 emu go? if sony lets us put ff7 or ff8 on psp what about the L2 and R2 buttons

Skateblind
November 13th, 2006, 17:46
I just hope that they figure out someway to have light FF7 and a full FF7. Light has only important videos and scenes in and full as you may expect will have everything. This will probably be a great way for sony to sell memory sticks now, aswell as the whole dvd download on to stick promise. Though I havn't heard anything about that for a while now.
*edit* Just read on this very page a suggestion that they would sell FF7 & FF8 on UMD, that is more likely.*edit*

S34MU5
November 13th, 2006, 18:06
Not see'in mgs anywhere...... or ff.
only good is resi and tekken. but there all pretty rubbish.
$ony, pfft.

the_eternal_dark
November 13th, 2006, 18:41
Good start so far, but I think I will keep waiting on PS1P, more games available, hell yeah. GO AC!

one winged angel
November 13th, 2006, 18:46
i gona wait for ps1p too why the **** should i pay for my ps1 games like FF7,8,9, RE etc

enekomh
November 13th, 2006, 19:19
Don't worry friends. By the time Sony releases good games such us Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy or Silent Hill (to give a few examples) we'll already have an emulator in the scene, either PS1P or PSX-P (well, or even YAPSX-P)

the_eternal_dark
November 13th, 2006, 19:28
Don't worry friends. By the time Sony releases good games such us Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy or Silent Hill (to give a few examples) we'll already have an emulator in the scene, either PS1P or PSX-P (well, or even YAPSX-P)

The exact point of us waiting for a while longer.

jonezybaby
November 13th, 2006, 22:24
ill upgrade to 3.00 easily!!

Only becus i have 3 psp's lol.
PSP.1. Black 1.5
PSP.2. White 1.5
PSP.3. Black 2.8

Veskgar
November 14th, 2006, 03:29
ill upgrade to 3.00 easily!!

Only becus i have 3 psp's lol.
PSP.1. Black 1.5
PSP.2. White 1.5
PSP.3. Black 2.8
Just had to rub it in huh? LOL

mr_nick666
November 14th, 2006, 09:09
None of those games even tickle my twernt :rolleyes: So many great games for $ony to choose from and this is what they offer!? :eek: The homebrew emulators are definately looking like the emulators of choice :p

Apoklepz
November 14th, 2006, 18:18
- BIO HAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT (Resident Evil to the west)
- JumpingFlash!

Sigh...what a lame lineup. I'm only a wee-bit interested in the above two...not even gonna mention Tekken 2, cause...DIN-TI-RIN!!!...Me and a whole bunch of other people already own a much better version on UMD, making that one pointless.

You phail again $ONY....terribly.