PDA

View Full Version : Will a Freeloader for Wii Be Released

wraggster
November 12th, 2006, 20:42
http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.01964.008.jpg

Those of you who are Gamecube Owners will have heard of FreeLoader (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-28-49-en-15-freeloader-84-j-70-1ik.html) and if you havent heres a reminder:

Launch and play imported GameCube™ games from any region
No need to modify your console – keeps your warranty intact
Add loads of new titles to your GameCube™ collection, including games that may never be released in your region
Play US and Japanese games on a PAL GameCube™
Play PAL games on a US or Japanese GameCube™
Fast and easy to use

Hopefully this will work perfect on the Wii next week at the release but also will we see a Freeloader for Wii from Datel, fingers crossed eh :)

Im sure we all want to play games from a different region.

emuking
November 12th, 2006, 21:40
i hope so because they're lot wii games i want to play

Zaneblade
November 12th, 2006, 22:31
i have a Freeloader for GC and love it.... im in the UK so it ment i could import US games and play them before they were out in the UK... ii had completed res evil 4 a couple of times before it was even out in the UK :D

i hope they get one working for the Wii.... i would def get one

soldierblade2k5
November 12th, 2006, 22:53
I thought the Wii was region free. Was that just a rumor? If it is, what use would a version of freeloader be?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what your saying. (open mouth, insert foot) You mean the GCN version freeloader working on Wii. Yeah I can see where that would be important if GCN region protection was still activated.

SnesR0X
November 12th, 2006, 23:24
wii isn't region free, to many peoples annoyance. They stated it was, but now they say it isn't and that was a mistake.

Basil Zero
November 12th, 2006, 23:28
wow, this is good for Nintendo....sony should take some notes

Anger
November 13th, 2006, 00:23
well i for one would like imported games. however a freeloader that worked for vc games as well as regular import games would be nearly unbeatable. i hope they are technically able to do this.

kcajblue
November 13th, 2006, 02:28
why couldnt they just make the wii reigon free.

abeisgreat
November 13th, 2006, 03:42
because they are stupid they should have made it RF

The Hombrew Hunter
November 13th, 2006, 04:22
Meh. Don't really care.

Hey, as long as Twilight Princess holds me like Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time did/are, I don't get a shizz!

By the by, the AR for Gamecube also has a freeloader. Well, mine does.

Adrenalin
November 13th, 2006, 11:26
Anyone care to explain what freeloader is physically - ie. a disk or card or something?

Sonic-NKT
November 13th, 2006, 14:44
Freeloader is a boot disk for the gamecube that allows you to start cube games from every county without modding the console. The Action Replay disc from Datel also allows that (besides cheating and homebrew ;) )
If you ask me, i would say that AR and Freeloader still work on the wii (atleast i hope so).

PS: it would be awesome if the Action Replay trick (for playing homebrew) would still work either :)

strumstrum
November 13th, 2006, 17:08
If you ask me, i would say that AR and Freeloader still work on the wii (atleast i hope so)

I hope so too, my doubt is that it is a slot loading mech so it may reboot when you press the eject button..?:confused: