PDA

View Full Version : The Big Decision Is Coming

wraggster
November 13th, 2006, 00:38
Many of you who are bored with the Homebrew Scene or just not adapted to it will See Sonys PS1 Emulator as a way of trying some of the greatest games of the last 15 years, is it a carrot you will all bite or will you show patience.

Will you Update your Firmware when the time comes or stay as you are, answers via comments

Emeriastone
November 13th, 2006, 00:41
PSP history shows that if you wait good things will happen. I know this true and I'm game. I'll wait. No sense in spoiling a good thing.

AtariFreek
November 13th, 2006, 00:44
I will definitely wait. I love homebrew, and would never give it up.

Kramer
November 13th, 2006, 00:50
Yeah anyone that updates is an idiot lol, unless they have more than one PSP or a modchip.

The PSP would be extremely boring without homebrew.

PSPegasus
November 13th, 2006, 00:50
I'm never going to upgrade to another firmware (except if it's a new release of 2.71 SE :P). Besides, the games that are apparently going to be available for download in the store don't interest me anyway.

gunntims0103
November 13th, 2006, 00:57
im still running on 1.5 and dont plan on updating anytime soon :D

Video_freak
November 13th, 2006, 01:00
Sticking to 1.5 myself...

classicgmr
November 13th, 2006, 01:04
We have 3 PSP's running 1.5 in this family - mine, my son's and his step-father's. Not one of us is upgrading from 1.5 in any way. :)

Snoppydude
November 13th, 2006, 01:04
Umm...I'm staying. I think the main reason that they've held off on releasing them is to make sure they use the same keys that they already used on previous firmwares. DaX and everyone know that if they want to make it easier on themselves as developers that they need to keep some security exploits secret so Sony can forget about 'em. ^_~

That's my opinion.

ExcruciationX
November 13th, 2006, 01:05
Not updating at all! I'm still boycotting Sony remember?

Nikolaos
November 13th, 2006, 01:05
im sticking with 2.71 SE-B'' how dare i upgrade to the unexpected?

scarph
November 13th, 2006, 01:06
well 1.5 is completely obsolete but whatever
anyone who uses this site will not update

Zargon
November 13th, 2006, 01:06
I may have to upgrade my TA-082 to 3.00 if some one finds a downgrader for 2.80 non-TA-082 PSPs

Shemp
November 13th, 2006, 01:09
Definitely staying with my pristine 1.50. For my PSX needs, I will either wait until there's a workable homebrew app, or devhook into 3.xx when available.

pakkman781
November 13th, 2006, 01:09
And move away from the absolute awesomeness that is 2.71 SE-B'' and all that great homebrew? In Sony's dreams.

Besides, I'm guessing that the FW 3.0 PS1 feature is going to be a crapper anyway.

joesnose
November 13th, 2006, 01:24
What big desicion, lol, lose homebrew to play ps1 games, no desicion.

jetkey885
November 13th, 2006, 01:26
my 1.5 is still alive and staying as-is. if i want to play ps1 games i might as well just pop the game into that ps1/ps2/ps3 system or the computer with ps1 emulator. i'm not that stupid to upgrade so i could play games that i could already on other systems.

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 13th, 2006, 01:35
It'd make more sense to buy a shiny new Ceramic White PSP for any latest firmware needs, and own 2, rather than upgrade my existing Black 1.5 :D

Besides, I think with something as big as a PS1 Emulator, they are bound to make a mistake, Kernal mode or downgrader anyone? :)

The big decision has come by many times (GTA:VCS etc and so) and where still here right? :D

Bear_XI
November 13th, 2006, 01:36
I have a normal 1.5 no special Firmware or Coldboot and as Harleyeg sayed he tested 2.81 on devhook an sayed it work.So i think his dev team will realesse a 3.0 version or even Dark_ALex will maybe do somthing for it ?

Roxas
November 13th, 2006, 01:36
Il stick with my 1.5 but since i have 2 psp i will update the other one since that has 2.82

thefanaticgamer
November 13th, 2006, 01:43
for all we know within three months 3.o will be devhooked, downgradavble, exploited or whatever.... even for the people who do upgrade theyll be able to downgrade and in time not even need to

PoorKingz
November 13th, 2006, 01:43
im not updating either my PSPs.

Jonesyxxiv
November 13th, 2006, 01:55
I wont update even though the homebrew scene has seemed slow lately

jwilds73
November 13th, 2006, 01:59
Nope not updating ever and I will be purchasing a Wii along with Zelda and Mario.

Basil Zero
November 13th, 2006, 02:15
more like i'll wait, wont dish out 5-10 dollars for games i already have or can have the other way...unless dev hook can do something about it.

but how will dev hook be able to emulate PSX Emulator........i dont see a possibility of that..oh well, might buy a new psp next year maybe..

happy_mak
November 13th, 2006, 02:22
I am looking to update and experience the official scenario.

Lt-Razorworks
November 13th, 2006, 02:37
I have a 1.5 PSP that i just switched the faceplate on (massive failure, buttons kinda dont work now) to a silver one, so im searching for another psp (black 1.5) and i might upgrade my silver one to 3.0 if i find one.

People, take it from me:

NEVER
SWITCH
YOUR
FACEPLATE

..ever.

mavsman4457
November 13th, 2006, 02:37
I will not update until the latest firmwares are homebrew friendly. A coupe of months ago I hated when people said this. I would say, "shut up it's never going to happen so why even mention it?" But now that PS3 is open for homebrew, I am betting that PSP users that are in the dark to 1.5 glory will request homebrew on PSP and we will finally win the battle. Maybe no time soon but as soon as they figure out how do stop ISO loading while allowing homebrew.

TacticalBread
November 13th, 2006, 02:52
I'm staying with homebrew, although a full speed PSX emulator sounds very nice, but the game selection sucks. Resident Evil is the only good game (in my opinion) on the list. Where's Final Fantasy or SOTN?!

Anger
November 13th, 2006, 02:57
as i never rush into anything without first giving it some serious thought (which i have) i will be doing 2 things - cash permitting:

1. buying a second psp (second hand of course :P).
2. updating the new psp just for the ps1 emulation.

i can then sell the updated psp when firmware 3.0 is cracked and make some money back on the purchase.

my other options if i dont have the cash is to be patient and hope someone comes up with a perfect ps1 emulator.

worst comes to worst i dig out my old ps1 and hook it up, dust down the old games and get playing. (yeah it aint portable but its a hell of a lot cheaper)

carlitx
November 13th, 2006, 03:06
I'm not sure if i will. ill wait a bit c wat tittals will be released and than make my desciosn. but by that time more than likely ill pirate the emu along with the roms off a torrent place eheheh

juggaleaux
November 13th, 2006, 03:18
I'm never upgrading from 1.50.

Poem58
November 13th, 2006, 03:20
I would lose far more games and gaming possibilities to gain the ability to pay for and play a couple of games I may or may not like (never had a PS1or2 won't have ps3 either)
1.5 forever....

SSaxdude
November 13th, 2006, 03:29
2.71 SE-B3 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd rather have all the other emulators than Sony's pay to play emulator of only one system.

warsaw
November 13th, 2006, 03:30
'sif you'd update!

Sony can bite me!

gymnotropic
November 13th, 2006, 03:42
I'm going to wait and see how things work out. In my point of view, there will probably be multiple exploits possible with the official PS1 emulator. If those work out well, I may just upgrade.

Tron_Fan
November 13th, 2006, 03:46
I will do whatever seems best suited to what I want at the time.

I'm impulsive that way.

Kvonx
November 13th, 2006, 03:57
i dont care wut they do..............i wont upgrade se is the future i can get back my 1.5 whenever plus i got all the games i need right here!!!!!!!! NEVER UPGADE...........UNLESSS??/??

dmac
November 13th, 2006, 04:04
It will be tempting to try the PS3 connectivity on Friday but I will wait as long as I can even though the homebrew I play is limited. I have FW 2.71 and use the 2.71 eloader which usually just hangs for me.

Veskgar
November 13th, 2006, 04:08
PSP history shows that if you wait good things will happen. I know this true and I'm game. I'll wait. No sense in spoiling a good thing.
This was the first reply to this post and a very good point which should be reinforced. Time has never failed the homebrew scene. And it is never too long before new breakthrough's and developments are made.

Between commercial games and the vast wealth of homebrew, it makes no sense to rush into updating for a couple PS1 games.

Just wait.... Anyone who gives up an advanced homebrew scene such as what has developed with the PSP has gone mad.

Destroyer699
November 13th, 2006, 04:09
And lose homebrew....Ithink not. But since I have another psp at 2.81 I may as well.

shibby420182
November 13th, 2006, 04:12
ill be updating since i have done some testing for sony and required me to update to 2.82 so im screwed as of now anyway. having resident evil will be awesome but not sure if ill get it right away.

kayhanbakid
November 13th, 2006, 04:16
I WOULD NEVER UPGRADE MY PSP.

(pets his 1.5 psp)

I need the great homebrew media player and the awesome SNES, GENESIS, and GBA emulators. If there was something I need in the new firmware I'd find a way to get another PSP.

darthhaze420
November 13th, 2006, 04:47
is there an ultimate dev hook installer for 2.71se i have 1.50 and will not upgrade until there is an ultimate devhook installer and i will never give up my homebrew still waiting for a 2.80 downgrader for my wife :cool:

kiore
November 13th, 2006, 04:53
After downgading from 2.71 to 1.50, and that was a long enough wait wasn't it , I swore that I would never up date again. So I will be hanging around homebrew scene for a while to come.

voorheesda
November 13th, 2006, 05:04
Well if i had 2 psp´s then i would certainly upgrade on of them. But since i only got one iam sticking to the super FW 2.71SE But that psone emu tempts me as hell. But i wont do it, ill wait for FW3.0SE ;D if that ever will happen :O

Zaitmi
November 13th, 2006, 05:08
There is nothing that will make me upgrade. To lose so much for a Playstation emu sooner than later is a dumb move. I'll be patient like most of you will be. I'm rooting for PS1P!

Drunken
November 13th, 2006, 05:21
Hmm never know depending on what the cons are prob not but then the pro is that there probably will be sum1 who will be able to crack that version. and with any other version. like the days where 2.6 was known to be "un" downgradeable. etc but i prob will because i mean.. its ps1 emu ^.^

YourStillWithMe
November 13th, 2006, 05:28
yourstillwithme is sticking with 2.71SEB/1.50 forever both my 1.50s are gonna stay that way

kando
November 13th, 2006, 05:31
gee, give up years and years of video game history for a psx emulator? i think not...

Vega
November 13th, 2006, 05:37
Im also staying put... theres too much great homebrew emulators and games.. simply to give it all up for some ps1 games. No way.

Festizzio
November 13th, 2006, 05:45
I'll update when FF7 comes out for the ps1 emulator; of course I'll wait a few days to allow a new devhook, if there is going to be one.

Dutt
November 13th, 2006, 05:49
Yep im leaving my PSPs on 1.5 as is my bro and all me mates ahahah...you just cant beat homebrew at all...

jwilds73
November 13th, 2006, 06:39
I'm staying with homebrew, although a full speed PSX emulator sounds very nice, but the game selection sucks. Resident Evil is the only good game (in my opinion) on the list. Where's Final Fantasy or SOTN?!

That's the whole problem with Sony's PSX Emulator. They won't allow us to rip and run our own PSX discs we already own and many titles will not be available due to license restrictions. Games like Marvel vs Capcom can not be rereleased for this emulator because Capcom no longer has the rights to publish Marvel characters in their games. Ever seen a Marvel vs Capcom collection? Nope and you never will due to the licensing restrictions. Same goes for any other games that licensed characters from another company or even music from artists. These licenses have expired and these games can not be republished. Sony has failed us because of their greedy download scheme for PSX games. We will only see titles without such licensing problems and miss out on a myriad of great titles. Thanks Sony :mad:

samthegreat68
November 13th, 2006, 06:40
i own 2 psp's i will update the 2.81 one and keep the other at 1.5

but i know that i still will always get much much MUCH more use out of my homebrew capable psp

so how many of these ps1 games will fit on a 512 mb memory stick?

i use my 2gb for my 1.5..

weirdelf
November 13th, 2006, 07:55
I think it really depends on how the homebrew scene develops like a 3.00 SE or exploit

Cloudhunter
November 13th, 2006, 08:47
Myself I'm gonna see if I can get my UP fitted, and if its possible upgrade one of the flashes on that. The other flash is firmly staying on 2.71SE though...

Cloudy

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 13th, 2006, 10:05
I recently whent from 1.5 to 2.71 SE-B and have never looked back with all the great possibility's this Fw has to offer and tjhe promise of AC's phantom psx emu drawing ever closer i think i can sweat it out a little bit longer..$$$$ONY stick your psx emu up your corperate arse !!!.

mr_nick666
November 13th, 2006, 10:10
I'll be staying at 1.5 myself :) I have absolutely no intention of upgrading :rolleyes: I play homebrew more than I play official $ony games! :D If its Devhooked I'll use it... If it isnt then I'll live! :p

dejkirkby
November 13th, 2006, 10:15
All the PSP's in my house are not being upgraded.

Paiku
November 13th, 2006, 10:33
I might update.

end.

Baboon
November 13th, 2006, 11:20
Many of you who are bored with the Homebrew Scene or just not adapted to it will See Sonys PS1 Emulator as a way of trying some of the greatest games of the last 15 years, is it a carrot you will all bite or will you show patience.

Will you Update your Firmware when the time comes or stay as you are, answers via comments

Update? ...Haha, not fookin likely! lol :D

I’ve already got everything I could possibly want via homewbrew and the fantastic selection of emulators (Arcade, Amiga, PC engine, Neo Geo, Snes and megadrive etc - all on the go... get on!). Plus I can play all of the commercial games (not that there is many good one's to choose from at the mo) that are out in the shops.

With the (eventual) release of the homebrew PS emu, and hopefully some more updates on the N64, I really do not see any need to update to run the official one? ...what would be the point? $ony can not compete with what’s already out there!

The whole scene has slowed down a tad to how it used to be, but I’m not disheartened cause I’m a happy bunny already. :)

PSPKOR
November 13th, 2006, 11:32
Update? ...Haha, not fookin likely! lol :D

I’ve already got everything I could possibly want via homewbrew and the fantastic selection of emulators (Arcade, Amiga, PC engine, Neo Geo, Snes and megadrive etc - all on the go... get on!). Plus I can play all of the commercial games (not that there is many good one's to choose from at the mo) that are out in the shops.

With the (eventual) release of the homebrew PS emu, and hopefully some more updates on the N64, I really do not see any need to update to run the official one? ...what would be the point? $ony can not compete with what’s already out there!

The whole scene has slowed down a tad to how it used to be, but I’m not disheartened cause I’m a happy bunny already. :)

What can I say, Baboon said it perfectly.

Adrenalin
November 13th, 2006, 11:51
ps1 sucked. ps1 emulation is likely to be better (seeing as portability) but probably still sucks!

moogster66
November 13th, 2006, 11:51
i'll never update. the fact is, i can still play ps1 games on my ps2. homebrew is the best thing about the psp, so i will never update from 1.5!

hack.fool
November 13th, 2006, 12:06
in four words: I will never upgrade
instead I can buy another psp, but I can't kill my 1.5..
so forget about it...no way..asta la vista baby..

yoshinatsu
November 13th, 2006, 12:20
No Way.

Zukan
November 13th, 2006, 13:39
I'd only play one or two PS1 games anyway so I'd rather wait for the homebrew emulators to mature.

hanky
November 13th, 2006, 13:47
I love my 1.50

I love it so much so, I still haven't got around to upgrade to 2.71SE-B''.. Still thinking about it. Might wait for 2.71SE-C :)

Anyways.. I will definitely not upgrade, unless 3.00 gets cracked the way 2.71 did.

But of course, if rumors about a redesigned PSP with a HDD are true (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39639), Ill be buying one and (Provably) have the latest FW in it.

darthhaze420
November 13th, 2006, 14:10
i love my homebrew i would not trade my cps2 for a psx emulator plus i think the homebrew psx emulator will come out right after sony brings out its psx emulator

CoderX
November 13th, 2006, 14:11
:eek: Update, heck no

Ill stick will my 2.71SE-B" till darkalex comes up with something better :p

I really dont care what sony comes up with. :cool:

darthhaze420
November 13th, 2006, 14:23
$ony is full of them selves psp is the best handheld of all time and $ony is craping on its consumers by trying to stop homebrew if they would allow it they would sell more systems

drmr
November 13th, 2006, 16:27
because of THESE games?

doverkiller
November 13th, 2006, 17:36
not yet!!

Sony should force itself to find a solution stopping iso loaders, and emulators, instead of banning the whole homebrew community..

they could make a "homebrew shell",
that will emulate (like devhook) a limited firmware to use for hb..
this should work separately from the real firmware,
so there would be a "firewall" that will keep it unhacked.. (of course everything can be hacked)

but Sony should think about thinks like this, and not global ban, which is damn rude..

so if I will be able to run PSP Radio, PSP Rhythm, ect..
then I will update for sure.. :)

zool2k
November 13th, 2006, 17:47
i don't know what to do, but now at the moment i would update to 3.0 to play ps1 games!
I'm on a 2.80 and since there are no updates/msg's about a downgrader or something like this i will update!
btw
are there any "news" ??

Fanjita
November 13th, 2006, 17:59
i don't know what to do, but now at the moment i would update to 3.0 to play ps1 games!
I'm on a 2.80 and since there are no updates/msg's about a downgrader or something like this i will update!
btw
are there any "news" ??

2.80 will have an eLoader very soon. I'd advise patience, at least until you've had a chance to decide whether running hundreds of fine homebrew apps is better than running 10 crap PS1 games...

Paiku
November 13th, 2006, 18:27
I've for a long time decided to not upgrade from 1.5, but now that I think about it this constant thought about not upgrading sucks cause I'll miss some great psp titles and I don't even use homebrew anymore.

PS1 < all

Adrenalin you suck, indeed.

Apoklepz
November 13th, 2006, 18:49
I don't hate Sony, because they're just trying to protect what's theirs....I hate them cause they're money whores....I would love it if there was some kind of PSP support for people like me who already own an expansive library of their PSone games and dont'want to upgrade...but that's one of my many wet dreams up in my head, like that other one where I'm in bed with Vida Guerra n' Halle Berry..........................

Anywho, I couldn't give up homebrew just cause PSX games and other features (which I could care less about) will be available for future updates....that's only one console's games compared to all the one's we can already thankfully emulate and play on PSP...In my opinion, it's a dumb thing to update if you know you have a PSP with full homebrew capabilities. It's OK to update if you just happen to recently buy a PSP with the latest firmware installed...But even so, great things come only to those who wait. I've even had UMD games bought before I could even play them, because of the updates they required....in time those updates have been cracked or exploited, or customized, and I've been able to play my games....I think the same will happen with the upcoming MGS Portable Ops, which I have already pre-ordered...I probably won't be able to play it when it's released, but thanks to the much appraised hard working and dedicated coders and hackers in the scene, it'll only be a matter of small time before we get to play it.

ICE
November 13th, 2006, 19:34
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloud_35
November 13th, 2006, 20:48
because of THESE games?

Yeah... only Resident Evil is worth it...

But nope, I'm not gonna upgrade. Not even if I get paid for it.

Apoklepz
November 13th, 2006, 21:04
Now.......if they paid my college loans I would upgrade in a heartbeat.lol

csd-san
November 13th, 2006, 22:09
Sadly, if I can get my hands on Gran Tourismo 2, I'm sold for it.

Ewin24
November 14th, 2006, 02:33
I have 2.71 SE-B'', and I have no intentions of leaving it. It's my dream!

jetkey885
November 14th, 2006, 17:11
i will update my Wii when it comes out. lol....

belialone
November 14th, 2006, 18:02
jeeeez i wont upgrade in a thousand years

i snuggle and cuddle my white 1.5 psp every day

ok im interested in what a psx emu would look like on my psp but there are just a few games i can think of that are worth playing now (tekken2,gt2 maybe ff)

RAFFI
November 14th, 2006, 19:47
I won't upgrade until v3.00 is as hackable as v2.71. I have 2 psp's one running harleys firmware the other running v2.71 se. If Diablo was a downloadable game i may be tempted but nothing else from psone would i give a 2nd thought to.

bullhead
November 14th, 2006, 21:35
I don't think I'll upgrade. I doubt it would be worth it. Unless they used this one firmware to run all the psone games, then I may consider it, as it improves the chances of it being hacked sooner and in one go. Otherwise, nope, not a chance honey!

tee453
November 15th, 2006, 08:07
I waited to long for firmware 2.71 to be downgraded to go back now I'll stick with my psp using devhook I love my homebrew games

dgbbad
November 15th, 2006, 08:28
the way i look at it...this just gives the homebrew scene a chance to take apart an offical ps1 emulator as a means to help make an unoffical one that we can all enjoy w/o any upgrade. silly sony.