PDA

View Full Version : Backward compatibility problems

happy_mak
November 13th, 2006, 07:37
Sony has officially announced that certain Playstation One and PS2 titles are running into problems mostly with reports of screens freezing or background music related issues.
They have also put up a support site and i checked the details of a few games which have run into problems.

One is Tekken 5 a PS2 title which freezes on certain actions of which i wrote a small write up at my blog here
http://blog.livedoor.jp/gai_jin/archives/50679361.html

Also links to the support site and press release etc, albeit they are in japanese only.

:(

Just this morning i replied to wraggsters post that am gonna update to firmware 3.0 for my PSP to enjoy EMULATION, now i am having some serious reconsideration here.:mad:

nightcrawler420
November 13th, 2006, 07:39
Don't worry it will be fixed with the next firmware update.

shadowprophet
November 13th, 2006, 09:49

I wouldnt be the least bit suprised if sony left bugs in there firmware with the intentions of useing backwards compatibility as a method of forceing updates on us....

I mean. try as you may. you cant explain to me that sony the people that made the ps one-three. doesnt know how to fix these little bugs before something as important as a console launch..

wait and see. every game but those worthless tony hawk and wwe wresteling bullshit will have little glitches that need fixes via firmware updates :mad:.....

BAhhhh!!...

Adrenalin
November 13th, 2006, 11:50
ps3 backwards compat is looking sucky! look at how xbox people complained and ps3 fans said haha, we wont have the problems. now they do XD

Cloudhunter
November 13th, 2006, 11:51

Indeed. Also, the backwards compatibility engine is different to the emulation engine, or Playstation 1 emulation would already been included in the Launch firmware.

Cloudy