PDA

View Full Version : Classic Controller needed for VC

wraggster
November 13th, 2006, 19:14
After all the rumours, intrigue and speculation, the mystery of the Wii console is finally coming to an end as the manual is exposed, uncovering some of the last few details about the hardware.

One of the most interesting points highlighted in the manual, which was acquired by Joystiq, is the fact that certain virtual console games will only be compatible with the Classic Controller, which contradicts earlier word from Nintendo that seemed to suggest the GameCube controller to be fully compatible with all VC software.

Also on the topic of the Virtual Console is a formatting option, which clears all records of the Virtual Console games purchased on that console - to be used before flogging the console.

Good news for young ones - the Wii parental control features don't restrict use of GameCube games. So, all you need to do is get your dozy parent to THINK it does, then get your Resi 4 action in when they're not around.

The Fun! Mode, an option that allows you to draw and edit images, also allows you to play around with individual frames of a video stored on your SD card.

Wii Remote configuration, like speaker and rumble settings, will affect all remotes connected to the console. And the manual also confirms that the optimum distance range for the player to be from the sensor bar is between three to eight feet, as suggested by CVG earlier.

The Wii will be out in the US this Sunday November 19, while us Brits will unfortunately be a waiting a further three weeks for our consoles, which go on sale on December 8.

Is'lan
November 13th, 2006, 21:08
Even if your virtual games get deleted, the record of them are saved on the Nintendo server, right? So, even if they get deleted, you can download them again without having to buy them again...right?

Dee-Lite
November 14th, 2006, 01:12
Yes even if you delete them from your internal memory, the nintendo server remembers.

Think about it- its like leaving you ebay account and paypal to the next person (possibly!)

What they are sayin is that they will delete all your account details (including registered credit card details for most people) so the next person won't continue downloading at your expense. So it all gets formatted, the rights to play the games everythin, for the next person to start fresh. THIS is just my guessing here:)

So it kinda sucks if you wana sell your Wii, because you may have 100+ VC games downloaded and no extra selling point / value will be added to the Wii, or you may wana give your wii to a good friend and have to tell him you're deleting all the games lol

That makes me think actually! There will obviously be the option to change credit card details. So I wonder what is stopping you from selling it with all the VC stuff on to the next person? Like will the Wii only let you connect to Wii-24 from one phone line until memory is formatted? If so, then that sucks big time as I wana be able to take my Wii round to a friends house and hook it up to wii connect too.

Can anyone shed anymore light on the above?

Thanks

Dee

I heart Nintendo
November 14th, 2006, 17:24
I thought about that and I couldn't come up with a solution. It would've been better if they tied VC games to an account, rather than the console. Or if they implemented both effectively.

Online gaming works the same way as well. It's all tied to the console and not an account. So what if you sell your Wii; will the next owner have to play with all your stats and settings and user name?

I'm hoping Nintendo has a solution to this, because it will cause problems down the line.

Is'lan
November 14th, 2006, 23:51
I seem to recall from an FAQ seminar concerning the ability to bring your VC games on an SD card to a friend's house to play them: the answer was no, that the VC games are non-transferable to other Wiis, and that in order to do such a thing is to actually bring your Wii with you.

But something in the back of my head tells me that I also heard that the VC is set a specific IP address which changes on different networks. Of course, I could be wrong, as I don't remember where that information comes from.