PDA

View Full Version : gpSP 0.8 kai 2.3 (GBA Emu for PSP)

wraggster
November 13th, 2006, 22:22
Takka (http://www.tfact.jp/psp/wiki/) has released a new release of his Unnofficial version of the GBA Emulator GPSP for the PSP:

Heres the crappy translation:

bug fix of sound I/O
It has reached the point where [suparobo] and the like moves.

Yep the translation is rubbish, this is just a bug fix release

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Exophase
November 13th, 2006, 22:26
What it means is that it fixes a bug causing some Super Robot Wars games to crash. I was actually informed of it by someone else a while ago. And Takka sent me an e-mail informing me of all his changes recently.

gunntims0103
November 13th, 2006, 22:28
Im sorry but il wait for exophase's officail release. These releases arent really significant.

Basil Zero
November 13th, 2006, 23:23
Im sorry but il wait for exophase's officail release. These releases arent really significant.

This GBA Kai emu saved me the trouble of saving

Exophase's emu didnt save state, but the kai one did, and am thankful for that.

also Exophase told me that the next emu will let me save state...hope it works...

but keep on coming with the updates Takka:)

chrono75
November 13th, 2006, 23:47
Is this worth upgrading from the standard .8 version? LOL I want Mother 3 to work, but sadly enough, I've heard it's impossible. DAMN...

I also think that when you're playing a game that has great sound for awhile, when u get into the game the sound goes whacky for a bit then goes back to normal... Like in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow... And people thought this game ran perfectly? Yes, maybe graphically and I'm amazed that they got this emu so far but sound wise, this emu needs some more tweaking. Worth upgrading people?

mkbin
November 13th, 2006, 23:54
why doesnt takka just do a release with more than one fix so you don't have to update every day

Zargon
November 14th, 2006, 00:07
...Exophase's emu didnt save state..
Version 0.8 of Exophases gpSP did have save states. Also, I don't see why Takka doesn't submit his ideas to Exophase and just have his name be put into the read-me or a credits page or something. If Exophase put Takka's coding into 0.9 (when it comes out), wouldn't that be better than two people working on updates for separate things and never having the two updated things contain the others updates?

siulmagic
November 14th, 2006, 00:12
i ono im still wating for the official realese maybe il try it

mkbin
November 14th, 2006, 00:35
Version 0.8 of Exophases gpSP did have save states.

version 8 had save states but it took a minute or more to save

smith1
November 14th, 2006, 01:12
My save states take like 5 seconds :/.

Tinnus
November 14th, 2006, 01:27
That's what happens when you have a crappy Memory Stick :p

Basil Zero
November 14th, 2006, 01:29
Version 0.8 of Exophases gpSP did have save states. Also, I don't see why Takka doesn't submit his ideas to Exophase and just have his name be put into the read-me or a credits page or something. If Exophase put Takka's coding into 0.9 (when it comes out), wouldn't that be better than two people working on updates for separate things and never having the two updated things contain the others updates?

not to me, each time i saved state, it froze my psp

but the kai one takes me like 4-5 sec to save

and what u said that i bolded is right

Veskgar
November 14th, 2006, 03:10
Yeah, something is wrong with your equipment, not Exophases Emulator. It only takes a couple of seconds for a savestate to save on my Ultra II PRO Duo.

I, like others will just wait for an official release. It is cool to see that this guy is starting to Email Exophase.

Exophase
November 14th, 2006, 03:11
Is this worth upgrading from the standard .8 version? LOL I want Mother 3 to work, but sadly enough, I've heard it's impossible. DAMN...

What are you talking about? Mother 3 runs fine, go try it.

I also think that when you're playing a game that has great sound for awhile, when u get into the game the sound goes whacky for a bit then goes back to normal... Like in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow... And people thought this game ran perfectly? Yes, maybe graphically and I'm amazed that they got this emu so far but sound wise, this emu needs some more tweaking. Worth upgrading people?

It's because the emulator slows down momentarily, that's all. Solution? Well, I won't give it away.

Pumped'Up
November 14th, 2006, 04:40
arg! I just want a fix for the Zelda crash bug up at the top of Veil Falls!!!

Vega
November 14th, 2006, 07:58

Really... my game saves take about 3 seconds at most with exophases latest official gpSP release. No joke. Also I have gPSP saved on my 1gig Lexar... so It could hardly be due to better or worse cards. Lexar's are viewed as the worst cards out of the bunch.. but mine has lasted over a year with no problems what so ever. Maybe different BIOs make save times longer or shorter? I dont know...
But still, I haven't came across a good enough reason to upgrade to an unofficial gPSP release.

Good though that this gauy Takka decided to actually get in touch with Exophase.

Mr. Shizzy
November 14th, 2006, 08:15
Does this fix the bug in Mario vs donkey kong (where the mini marios wont jump on the spring?) That is my absolute favorite GBA game. So I might give this a try untill exophase hits us off with the real deal. :)

jhontikis
November 14th, 2006, 18:37
To me looks like this modification has better "relationship" with memory stick.
Not sure about fast saving, but definitely reads the rom directory in a ermm... "Flash"? :D

jetkey885
November 14th, 2006, 18:41
does it work under DevHook?

eldj
November 15th, 2006, 00:56
Exophase, can you make gpsp compatible with HEN

does it work under DevHook?
it works under emulated 1.5