PDA

View Full Version : PSP Homebrew Scene Dying?

Zion
November 13th, 2006, 22:56
Over the last couple of months, there has been a slow decline on the PSP homebrew scene.

Several superb coders have left the scene with PSMonkey & ZX-81 two of the biggest names to leave.

StrmnNrmn has been unusually quiet too...

With all that and the upcoming 3.0 firmware release which apparently is going to include the ps1 emu, will people just update?

Forget the scene all together?

Im getting saddened by the slow decline on the PSP homebrew scene which has been one of the biggest homebrew scenes in homebrew history....

Lets Hope it picks up soon :cool:

mr_nick666
November 13th, 2006, 22:59
Its just a slow time :rolleyes: Theres quite a few things being worked on "behind the scenes" ;) and alot of WIPs.. The homebrew scene has seen a few slumps then revived before and Im sure it will do it again! :p

Kramer
November 13th, 2006, 23:00
With all that and the upcoming 3.0 firmware release which apparently is going to include the ps1 emu, will people just update?

Noooo, dont give any noobs stupid ideas.

wraggster
November 13th, 2006, 23:09
every scene slows down, the Wii and PS3 are here now, they are new toys to play and hack with, but in the end the PSP scene will perk up again

TacticalBread
November 13th, 2006, 23:10
Homebrew is the reason I bought a PSP. My friend was playing Genesis on his 1.00 and that got me into homebrew. Let's hope homebrew never dies.

jools
November 13th, 2006, 23:13
Just a slow period I hope:)

as older coders leave new ones should apear:rolleyes:

Sterist
November 13th, 2006, 23:14
yeah? so what. dreamcast is 5-7years old (wutever) n its still there lol same w/ gba / saturn / (wutever)

all the homebrew is still there. as long as the homebrew doesnt disappear, it aint dying.

besides, the PSP is running out of non-covered areas. by that i mean things it CANT do at the moment in which it CAN do if someone were to develop and release software that was made for (wutever).

jaseinblack
November 13th, 2006, 23:14
Everyone's playing Vice City Stories!

theninfort
November 13th, 2006, 23:15
The reason why my PSP is great is because of homebrew. It's not dying, there is more homebrew on the way. There's enough homebrew to keep me entertained for a long time (lots of GBA and SNES roms >_>).

F9zDark
November 13th, 2006, 23:15
It is a slow time for the PSP scene, but I think things will pick up eventually, especially if this means anything, found here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42269

- Aside from Linux, SCE's developers are still seeking the way to publish proper software development environment for the PS3 main OS and PSP for general users. But right now the PS3 main OS can run only signed applications (while PS3 Linux can run whatever applications on it). (Yeah I am really pushing to get this known, this a dream come true for the homebrew scene on the PSP and it seems that NOONE has noticed it).

If the PSP scene is slowing down now I certainly think things will pick up later on if/when this happens. However, I think the implications of it would mean that we couldn't use unofficial homebrew on the PSP.

But with an official SDK, documentation and environment made by Sony, things will certainly begin to really shine on the PSP homebrew scene.

Just give it time. Things will pick up soon.

yeah? so what. dreamcast is 5-7years old (wutever) n its still there lol same w/ gba / saturn / (wutever)

all the homebrew is still there. as long as the homebrew doesnt disappear, it aint dying.

besides, the PSP is running out of non-covered areas. by that i mean things it CANT do at the moment in which it CAN do if someone were to develop and release software that was made for (wutever).

I don't think that really has anything to do with it. No one has truly ventured into 3D rendering on the PSP, which WILL BE the future. I think part of the issue is that alot of people see sprite games on the PSP and grimace. After 15 years of being the only source for gaming, it gets old rather fast on a new medium that continually releases the same type of game (at least for me...).

When someone perfects a 3D engine, that is easily modifiable and has features competitive with the same tech-level games, I think the scene will really pick up.

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 13th, 2006, 23:20
The PSP Homebrew scene will only ripple when the PSP2 Hits! :D
Then it'll happen all over again!
Theres way older consoles, still having Homebrew made for them, that aren't nearly as versatile and fun (Not to mention portable) as the PSP. :)

Basil Zero
November 13th, 2006, 23:21
even if the scene dies, its been a great time, doesnt mean i'll be upgrading...ever....i might as well buy another psp, when the new one comes out, i'll be getting it.

but with the psp i have now, keep it as 1.5 for as long as i live(or it lasts) whichever comes first

YourStillWithMe
November 13th, 2006, 23:24
i think its just that we're looking for that n64 or psone emu which takes time wragg makes a good point the ps3 is going to be sick!

dazman
November 13th, 2006, 23:32
Yes at one point the homebrew emu's just kept coming. now you don't see any.

Where did it all go. please come back.

Emeriastone
November 13th, 2006, 23:46
When dad dies you don't just leave the family.

CrAzY_fLiP3
November 13th, 2006, 23:51
so what if the homebrew has slowed down? its not like it hasnt happened before.. lol then all hell broke loose with the continuous releases of downgraders and brave new world. be patient.. it'll pick up again stronger and more interesting (especially with the work-in-progress PS1 and N64 emus). also: has anyone ever considered a 3D game of some sort for psp. (yes, yes, i know it takes alot of time and work to do) that would be a total landmark for PSP homebrew everywhere! ahh and lets not forget the PS3, Wii, and Xbox360.. they all have great potential for homebrew as well.

psp411
November 14th, 2006, 00:00
ive seen this decline too.... alot of things have slowed down. btw wheres booster??? ive been lookin for his devhook updates to 2.8:confused:

penileartery
November 14th, 2006, 00:02
im not gonna lie. i havent upgraded my psp from 1.5 and if there isnt a good ps1 emulator out, i might just upgrade...i know it sad. but ill get another sooner or later with homebrew capabilities. but i wanna play some friggen castlevania raelly badon my psp..lol stil lnot sure

Project.funky
November 14th, 2006, 00:10
I actually stopped reading For like a month, lost interest hope seen as thought I'm 2.8, =( i mean Way to go on the 2.8 tiff releases but games put together with words and characters don't float me boat but i did get a couple of hours entertainment from tiff snake and snake man but where is the tiff eloader the downdater the tiff 3d games?

**1_Man_Matrix**
November 14th, 2006, 00:15
Think of it this way... WHAT OTHER HOMEBREW IS THERE TO MAKE FOR THE PSP???

Hah, we've got just about everything, and anything we don't have, is getting worked on (N64, PS1). Running out of idea's here folks. We got megadrives, gameboy emu's, Doom, Quake, mountains of LUA Apps's etc...

I can't see much innovation left to be had, apart from making what we've already got, better :D

But it's far from dead :)

aries2k4
November 14th, 2006, 00:37
Upgrade? To a no-homebrew firmware? Never,ever.
Did update to 2.71 SE-B" though. All praise to DA for an incredible fw.
Things are a little slow right now. true most things have been done. I look forward to exophase´s releases, wi-fi for NJ´s emus, N64 updates, and of course a homebrew ps1 emu release. Has been a great time though. hopefully it will pick up.

John Vattic
November 14th, 2006, 00:45
every scene slows down, the Wii and PS3 are here now, they are new toys to play and hack with, but in the end the PSP scene will perk up again

in a last-ditch effort to keep some noobs from updating, may i suggest a series of "coming soon" homebrew ps1 emu pics and vids?:p --sorry but was too funny to not post.

and if i may ask, are the homebrewed ps1 emus just waiting for the official release from sony as well? no news a few weeks? no beta? no nothing?

anyway i'm no noob, but will update if the game selection for sony's emu gets larger and includes the good survival horror games i missed out on.

Besides i've moved on to hacking and homebrewing onto the ds:D sorry to say that even i think the emo ds is more fun than the psp. so my psp is now officially second in my life.

gavind
November 14th, 2006, 01:02
well with coders now deciding not to release there emulators until near perfection i can see why people might upgrade, if the guy whos doing the PS1 emulator wud just release a BETA version then it would give everyone something new to try out instead of watching webcam videos of Ridge Racer.

i come on this site everyday but for the past couple of months the only news is game reviews and sales figures.

NoQuarter
November 14th, 2006, 01:06
Eh,no big deal.It slowed down pretty bad at one point last year then BAM a slew of releases.just think we can install the psp toolchain on the ps3 now :)
A whole new slew of graphical improvement and emus will be coming to linux soon because of the ps3.

I told you guy's sony wants to support homebrew....

Anger
November 14th, 2006, 01:10
it is dying and its dying for one simple reason - all the pre-teen newbie assholes who give the good coders a hard time over there hard work. i mean dont those newbies realise what donation means? it means to give something freely and NOT EXPECT ANYTHING IN RETURN. if the coders decide to give something it should be greatfully accepted (take notes kiddies)

i think the lack of good retail games for the system and the constant firmware battles does wear down the patience of the coders who actually enjoy there work - it would annoy me had i there skill level. to have there work then shat upon from a great height from the great unwashed, well i can see why they would leave - they dont want to maintain a community that doesnt give a shit about there hard work, and who would blame them. we have had our share of asshole coders as well (no names, this isnt a flame war) but we by far until recently had the best coders in any scene. it is a shame the little kiddies cant just stfu and take what there given and like it like we all had to do. discipline these days is down the tubes. anyway rant over you get the point.

nyrtrublue
November 14th, 2006, 01:17
does anyone remember how dead the scene seemed right before dark_alex released his downgrader

Tetris999
November 14th, 2006, 01:17
things come and go its like that

people die and its inevitable and cant be stopped

it was sure gonna happen to the psp scene and if it does it does

10shu
November 14th, 2006, 01:55
I do not think the psp scene is dead:
-most of the system than can be emulated are now fully emulated on the psp...but some are still under development (psp-UAE , multi player on neogeo for exemple)
-n64 and psx (or other 3d arcade board from the same era) will probably be emulated on time emulated at fullspeed...
-psp Homebrew game enter the age of 3d :)... it may take sometime to coder and artist from the scene to adapt...also thoses game are somewhat longer to devellop than 2d games...

so...give it time...:)

pspuser123
November 14th, 2006, 02:05
wraggerster, why dont u release those WIP youve been testing. What i mean is ask the coders to release the emulators sooner or lter to keep homebrew alive

Shadowblind
November 14th, 2006, 02:09
Well corn, this sucks. I do hope the N64 emu will someday be finished...

TacticalBread
November 14th, 2006, 02:09
Sadly, I will be greatly tempted to update is Castlevania: SotN is released. D:

pspgamer15
November 14th, 2006, 02:45
there is a project I found of a Resident Evil 4 homebrew game for the PSP in the QJ forums.

Veskgar
November 14th, 2006, 03:22
There is definitely a slow-down in the PSP scene but I am pretty sure its just the end of a certain phase. Once 3.00 firmware is released and more great games are not playable on 1.50 or 2.71-SE it will likely create the spark which ignites the next phase in PSP homebrew.

It would also be great to see quality Emulators continued.

I barely have enough time as it is to enjoy the huge amount of homebrew for the PSP. SO if there is a slow period, its fine. Not the end of the world.

I really do expect to see some major new developments in the next month or 2.

m0th
November 14th, 2006, 03:42
Whats there left ta do? Here's my breakdown...

Emulation:
GBA... full speed, sound is kinda still choppy
SNES... Works great
Genesis... Perfect
Mame32 or lower.. I haven't tried
N64... Needs a ton of work to get the games at full speed.
PS1... Im sure someone will reverse engineer Sonys and post it
PS2, XBox, Gamecube... Probably impossible.
Dreamcast... Why bother?
Everything else.. I dunno. I have no desire to play a colecovision on my computer so Why would I wanna play it on my PSP.... I guess same goes for all the really old archaic stuff, and anyone really hell bent on playing stuff like the 2600 will make an emulator for themselves.

APPs that broaden the use of the PSP:
- A GOOD universal Remote that supports SCANNING just like a REAL universal remote does.
- PDA apps... yeah yeah boring but it would be nice ta see
- A real OS everyone can agree on and work at... irshell is the shit but still not a true os.
- Multimedia standards support ie divx, mov, mpg...etc

There will always be a constant demand for emulating the latest firmware where needed. I know we all wanna count on the people that make devhook but that may end some day.. hopefully never.

To summarize.. people dog the PSP as a POS. Shitty games, Sony sucks blah blah blah. Take a step back see what a PSP is capable of and compare it to other portable devices.... yeah... the PSP is undoubtably the greatest portable electronic device on the market. Just cos Sony is stunting its growth doesnt mean we should sit back and sulk. Hopefully sony wises up or hopefully they dont and abandon the PSP, leaving the community to continue on... something that'll never happen.

XioN980
November 14th, 2006, 03:44
C'mon Zion, thats just what Sony WANT you to think :)

I didn't know ZX left, i just thought he quit VBA. Sad.

Its just a speed bump, Strmn Nrmn IS quiet compared to his usual standard but think about it, it took nearly a year for PSX and GBA emulation to pick up again, and almost 6 months for the N64.

Dying is a bit extreme, its just got a nasty cold ;)

TacticalBread
November 14th, 2006, 04:25
Has anybody heard anything from Harleyg about 0x89?

F9zDark
November 14th, 2006, 04:32
http://0x89.org/forum/index.php?topic=150.0

Harleyg is leaving 0x89 to work on other projects. But work may continue as the team members still want to finish it.

TacticalBread
November 14th, 2006, 04:38
Well, that sucks. At least ZettaBlade is still working on it. It seems all the well known coders are leaving, or haven't been heard from in a while. :(

F9zDark
November 14th, 2006, 04:45
Yeah its not a good time for the homebrew scene, but I think its more due to the fact that:

1)Lives are changing; the end of summer almost always brings in a change of pace for everyone
2)School is in session, especially college which is more time consuming than high school
3)Holiday seasons always means time with family and friends and is stressful in that many people need to establish plans, get shopping, etc.

Maybe I am right, maybe I am not. But I really hope its just the end of summer slow down that many sites experience.

TacticalBread
November 14th, 2006, 04:48
Hopefully after 3.00 comes out, exploits will be found, and the hombrew scene will be brought back.

Vega
November 14th, 2006, 05:40
Over this coming christmas period and early next year I feel that people will be too busy with their next gen consoles...... sort of leaving the PSP out in the cold for a while. Hopefully we will see the scene pick up the pace again very very soon.
While I anticipate new releases from coders... at the minute I am extremly content with the homebrew and emulators which are available right now. It really is unbelievable when you look at all the fine releases we have had over the last year. Certainly the PS1 emulators and furter optimizations to Daedelus will lift the scene hugely... but for now I'm more than happy playing Exophases' GBA emu, Dgen, UAEPSP, Snes9x_tyl and of course the many homebrew game releases we get from coders on the scene.

shadowhawk22
November 14th, 2006, 05:59
Its not dying. I think it will increase again with the PS1 emulator release...

ACID
November 14th, 2006, 06:27
I for one dont really look forward to the psone emu for one reason games are to big.

opiate81
November 14th, 2006, 06:45
yeah its in a slump.. but far from dead in my opinion
the PS1 emu will help immensely as will the N64 emu.
a new IRShell is being released soon though
and Im HOPING that devhook and downgraders are being held off until there is something worth devhooking and for the downgrader I hope its because they dont wanna give away any exploits to Sony before the release of 3.0

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 14th, 2006, 08:55
Just a slow period I hope:)

as older coders leave new ones should apear:rolleyes:
so true, BUT old coders should leave all their tricks and nfo for the new ones like a passing of the torch.

mnuhaily22
November 14th, 2006, 10:39
It will all speed up as new downgraders are created.

NoQuarter
November 14th, 2006, 11:28
I forsee a lot of coders switching over to program things for linux for the ps3.Sony has really opened the flood gates allowing linux to be put on their powerfull machine.I think we will start to see some real high quality open source emu's being produced for linux.The days of windows having the good games and graphics will soon be over.The PS3 is a flagship for the cell and linux as it makes it's way into homes,face it linux is the future....

What I want to see for the psp is linux with capability to launch eboots.
Screw microsoft,if they don't embrace opensource they'll be left behind.It might take a while but I think vista will probably be the last popular OS from the company.Why use windows when you can have a badass gaming/computing machine with a free OS that is more capable than windows?
Nintendo just rocks though and I hope they are around forever!
Looks like sony made the right choice,the only reason for looking for exploits on the ps3 will be to run bootleg games.Something I'm really not into.

Homebrew is here to stay,it might just change shape a little

titch.ryan
November 14th, 2006, 12:06
why does everyone always worry about the scene dying. its not going to ide easily lots of top coders are just hanging back a bit wjile they finish a perfect their projects. people always wnat more but some things take time im sure lots of great apps/games will be out sonn. hopefully a proper release of psx-p. but im not bothered theres still hundrfeds of homebrew available which i've yet to discover and play.

rmedtx
November 14th, 2006, 14:02
Hi guys,

I think one of the problems with the scene is that it is now broken into pieces. When we released the first Callisto demo, we had more than 10,000 downloads. Those were the glorious days of the 1.5 firmware. After later firmware versions started to be cracked down and people started creating games for them a segmentation of the scene was created. When we released the second demo of Callisto; We were pretty much obsolete already (Callisto runs only on 1.0 and 1.5 firmware). Not many people downloaded the demo; there was even little interest in the project. We had put a lot of effort on it. A cool website was even created by the team for people to upload scores. I don’t think we will release any other demo of Callisto any time soon. The project is not dead but it’s been halted indefinitely.

My PSP still runs 1.5 Firmware, but I don’t know for how long I will keep it like that. The DevHook firmware emulator is what has allowed me to keep running 1.5 because now I can play commercial games too.

I will try to release a demo of my Rael project for PSP using port of the Beats of Rage engine by SamuraiX and after that I will retire from the homebrew scene too. I will keep on visiting and trying some of the demos and applications but I will not work on any other homebrew project.

I don’t think the scene is dying I think it is changing. Change can be a good thing. ;)

Gray Fox
November 14th, 2006, 14:51
Well didn't no bout homebrew after a long time, think it was some months before I even heard the word. And that was 2 late, I had allready upgraded to 2.60... But luckily enough Im now back at 1.50 :) Anyone heard anything bout the daedulus N64 emu or PS1 emu that worked so well??

mr_nick666
November 14th, 2006, 15:39
Hi guys,

I think one of the problems with the scene is that it is now broken into pieces. When we released the first Callisto demo, we had more than 10,000 downloads. Those were the glorious days of the 1.5 firmware. After later firmware versions started to be cracked down and people started creating games for them a segmentation of the scene was created. When we released the second demo of Callisto; We were pretty much obsolete already (Callisto runs only on 1.0 and 1.5 firmware). Not many people downloaded the demo; there was even little interest in the project. We had put a lot of effort on it. A cool website was even created by the team for people to upload scores. I don’t think we will release any other demo of Callisto any time soon. The project is not dead but it’s been halted indefinitely.

My PSP still runs 1.5 Firmware, but I don’t know for how long I will keep it like that. The DevHook firmware emulator is what has allowed me to keep running 1.5 because now I can play commercial games too.

I will try to release a demo of my Rael project for PSP using port of the Beats of Rage engine by SamuraiX and after that I will retire from the homebrew scene too. I will keep on visiting and trying some of the demos and applications but I will not work on any other homebrew project.

I don’t think the scene is dying I think it is changing. Change can be a good thing. ;)

/\ /\ Its a shame :( Callisto is a great game and has a residence on my memory stick ;) Dont give up :o

quzar
November 14th, 2006, 15:44
Crybabies.There is still an average of a release a day, and ya'll complain? Good thing all the whiners are the first to leave in a slump.

The psp scene will never recover, it will never be what it once was. Regardless of if you all get access to 3D hardware. Unless it leads to extreme speedups with 2D workings, it will be no different. You know why? 3D math is HARD 3D programming is even harder. 2D stuff is easy easy easy. In the real world there are engine designers and game designers for a reason. You don't get that in homebrew.

Also, the PSP scene fights another battle, which is that not only do you need all sorts of weird modding but you ALSO have to choose between commercial games and homebrew.

It's a long and perilous path.

splodger15
November 14th, 2006, 15:53
I think it will pick up soon

Ci5tm Konfliqt
November 14th, 2006, 16:00
ps1p. is very exiting and is a good enough reason to keep faith in the scene !

aries2k4
November 14th, 2006, 17:14
Well Suns java just went open source allowing dickydick1969 to release peejay ver0.1. maybe soon wiil be seeing cellphone games running on the psp.

belialone
November 14th, 2006, 17:38
its hard not to get into a bad mood while reading this thread.

guys psp homebrew will never die

belive me, just stay optimistic
its just not possible to have every day a killerapp released. we have to be patient.
lets calm down and enjoy what we currently have. there is a potload of fine crafted appz out there.
and there is more to come :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 14th, 2006, 17:43
Its hard to stay optimistic with $$$ONY hammering nails into its coffin and coders ect jumping ship left right and centre. I really do hope this is just the usuall slump before we get some great releases.After all imo i think we are just starting to scrape the surface of the psp and still feel it hsa alot to offer.

Russoxley187
November 14th, 2006, 18:05
I really could care less about upgrading to FW 3.0, only to play PS1 games?
They only listed like 5 or so games, not entirely enough for me to abandon Progs like "Map This" by Deniska...
No way...
Homebrew is here to stay.
I love doing more with less and doing things most cant do.
People get a kick out of seeing me playing nintendo games on my PSP, Or using it as a GPS. " How did you do that?" Thats what I get...

I WILL NEVER UPGRADE !!!!!

Vega
November 14th, 2006, 18:34
Its hard to stay optimistic with $$$ONY hammering nails into its coffin and coders ect jumping ship left right and centre. I really do hope this is just the usuall slump before we get some great releases.After all imo i think we are just starting to scrape the surface of the psp and still feel it hsa alot to offer.

Diggin' that Fantasy World Dizzy sig ya got there Eggman :thumbup:

Anyhoo... I agree with you. PSP still does have alot to offer in terms of homebrew, but the *******s over at sony are throwing more spanners into the works with new hardware models and firmware.
Still, I remain to have full faith in the scene, homebrew is the reason I own a PSP and I wont be giving up faith anytime soon.

Gold Line
November 14th, 2006, 18:43
there was no eloader for 2.80 so if nobody can hack that there will be no chance of hacking 3.00
R.I.P psp homebrew

one winged angel
November 14th, 2006, 18:49
there was no eloader for 2.80 so if nobody can hack that there will be no chance of hacking 3.00
R.I.P psp homebrew

What did the psp scene die when firmware 2.0 was released or when we couldnt the newer firmwares no the psp scene will never do you hear me NEVER die!!!!!!!
i will stay till the end:p

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 14th, 2006, 18:51
R.I.P psp homebrew

DUDE the impending FW 3.00 has new features = new possibility's for exploits.Wouldnt be the 1st time $ony's pants have been round it's ankles.

Destroyer699
November 14th, 2006, 19:23
Maybe......If they are accepting homebrew with open arms with the ps3, then could they possibly support homebrew with 3.0? Just an idea.....

quzar
November 14th, 2006, 19:33
Maybe......If they are accepting homebrew with open arms with the ps3, then could they possibly support homebrew with 3.0? Just an idea.....

As far as I know that has yet to be proven. I'm extremely skeptical that they are actually going to allow completely open homebrew on the PS3.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 14th, 2006, 20:13
all because of SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i hate u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Datahax
November 14th, 2006, 20:49
Every so often when the homebrew scene goes quiet there's a topic like this, and everyone swarms in with sony bashing and whining about the scene dying. Then within a month somthing amazing appears.

gotmilk0112
November 14th, 2006, 21:21
hey hey hey dont forget about AC Hobo who is working on that awesome ps1 emu for the psp. and whoever it was that was working on Deadelus (the n64 emu)

the scene is still alive =P

Veskgar
November 14th, 2006, 22:25
Yeah, the more I think about it. All the PSP's being shipped from factory's to retail stores nowadays probably can't be downgraded. I'm sure there are tens of thousands of people who wish they could be part of the homebrew scene but are prevented from at the moment.

If any new downgraders can be developed it will guarantee a huge boost to the scene. I say the best advice for all PSP owners is still DON'T UPGRADE!

Be patient! The PSP homebrew scene has come too far to just wither away.

Sk8.4.Life
November 15th, 2006, 01:31
If StrmnNrmn would just hurry the hell up and release Revision 9, then people would get back into homebrew. I mean come on, N64 on the PSP is the biggest thing since sliced bread!

I personally will not upgrade until StrmnNrmn and Booster quit the homebrew scene. And even then I'll still linger for awhile, enjoying my Snes and Quake/Doom.

TacticalBread
November 15th, 2006, 01:38
If StrmnNrmn would just hurry the hell up and release Revision 9, then people would get back into homebrew. I mean come on, N64 on the PSP is the biggest thing since sliced bread!

No offence, but it's statements like that, that make coders want to stop coding, and leave the scene. If you don't have patience, and bitch and moan about when the new release will come out, that annoys coders. I know that if I were a coder, and everyone was bitching, and being impatient, I would not release the final product, and keep it for myself. Coders are not paid for making homebrew, they do it on their own time, for us. So have patience, and wait for releases.

</rant>

F9zDark
November 15th, 2006, 01:39
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42269

- Aside from Linux, SCE's developers are still seeking the way to publish proper software development environment for the PS3 main OS and PSP for general users. But right now the PS3 main OS can run only signed applications (while PS3 Linux can run whatever applications on it). (Yeah I am really pushing to get this known, this a dream come true for the homebrew scene on the PSP and it seems that NOONE has noticed it).

You know, I really wish more people would read that topic and see what the hell the deal is.

Clearly Sony is attempting to make a development environment for the PS3 that would allow for homebrew (ran from the XMB) on BOTH the PS3 and PSP...

Maybe Sony has finally embraced homebrew on the PSP, yet no one seems to care...

Fanjita
November 15th, 2006, 17:49
R.I.P psp homebrew

Oh ye of little faith.

Just because things don't happen along the timescales you want them to, doesn't mean they ain't gonna happen... ;)

Apoklepz
November 15th, 2006, 17:56
...Scene dying? I think it's more like...Ignorant, childish sceners Killing it. The PSP Homebrew scene will never die...Who are we kidding? Of course, it might slow down cause there's new hardware coming out now, but the Devs already know their way around the PSP, so expect homebrew to get a lot better now, and more and more coders to come out of the woodwork...and it would really help if people stopped being so impatient and snobbish about each release.

S34MU5
November 15th, 2006, 18:19
I think it will Be exploding in the future!

kpaul_nyc
November 15th, 2006, 19:59
I think that if DevHook emulates 3.0, this whole fight will be over. I am thinking about selling my psp to buy a ds lite and ds xtreme

dupfold
January 8th, 2007, 19:56
I've only just got my PSP and I think the scene is excellent! The firmware flashing was the easier flash I have ever done!

I've still got a lot to learn thought and therefore many questions. I have already posted one thread and just tried to create another but I get the following error message.....

"dupfold, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Any ideas why this would be? Have I done something wrong?"

PS Sorry, this is totally off subject but the only way I can ask for help.

F9zDark
January 8th, 2007, 20:02
I think you need to activate your account by checking your email.

Yeah this topic is old and there was another one like it that came out about 2 weeks before the absolutely epic news of downgraders for TA-082 and 086s.

Patience is a virtue few people have.

mavsman4457
January 8th, 2007, 20:21
Yah now that we look back on this thread it is absolutely laughable.

goaliedude
January 8th, 2007, 21:18
ya funny now that u read it lol