PDA

View Full Version : PSP hard drive!

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 14th, 2006, 08:58
I think that 4gig one is nice, but thats very tiny considering how big those PS1 games will be and stuff. I'm probably going to have sixteen gigs using that hookup that allows two SD cards, but i'd like to see some ppl make hardware that would allow for bigger hard drives.

jak66
November 14th, 2006, 11:17
Well, any firmware under 2.81 limits memory card size to 4gb (the hard drive plugs in and the psp 'thinks' its a memory card), so unless your planning on upgrading for the $ony PS1 emulator, then having a bigger hard drive would be irrelivant. As soon as $onys PS1 emulator come out however, m sure someone will make and release a 8/16gd hard drive

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 14th, 2006, 11:57
lol ima be runnin 1.5 so ima be poppin those cards in and out like a super nintendo!

Wally
November 14th, 2006, 22:39
There is a 40gb drive out there, dont know how it works..

I was originally thinking that the PSP could do with a partition manager using an USB inverter thingy and plugging a drive cage in there, however the PSP doesnt natively support USBHostFS (File System for USB)

F9zDark
November 15th, 2006, 01:47
Well with the firmware caps on size (which was 4 gigs prior to 2.8, who knows what its at now), it wouldn't really matter if someone got a 40gig working on the PSP, since 36 gigs wouldn't be accessible in the PSP.

Homebrew could probably be written to allow access to higher drive sizes, but we'd need a working 40gb hd for the that first.