PDA

View Full Version : help getting to 2.71SEB''

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 13:07
hi guys
im sorry and i know this question has probably been asked so much and well i need help getting to the latest one i have only just realised that u have to go up in order and i was given links to download this easy updater were y ou start it and it pu ts all the files in place and u can run it from there. What i need help on is do i need my ac adapter in at all times? plus i only have it till seb how will i get seb'' and well i need someone here just incase i dont brick psp:o

mnuhaily22
November 14th, 2006, 13:37
I'm here to help you psp_fan.

EDIT: First download this (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/835) link first, then run it to update to 2.71 SE-A, they you gotta download this (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/877) and run it to update to 2.71 SE-B". All these are Auto Installers, so you don't need anything but the PSP 1.5, and enough guts to risk the brick, although it has been tested a million times and working, it still writes to the flash and has a chance of bricking the PSP.

P.S. Before I get ahead of myself, just to make sure, you do have 1.5 right?

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 14:37
yup i have a 1.5 mate thanks for help plu shave you tried it? and has it benifieted you to? and do i have to have the ac adapter in it at all times?

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 14:45
also ido i not update to seb' first? before i upgrade to seb''? or do i have to update to normal seb first?
what i mean is will this automaticly get me to SEB'' from 2.71_SE-A?
Im sorry im hassling you but what are exactly the best features on the this? i mean apart from games showing in the game folder and a faster web browser?
plus do i have to have a umd in now? while i am updating? or shall i take it out?

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 15:50
Cmon please help i also wanted to ask what the recovery folder was but no one is answering
iv asked so many questions... no wonder no one is answering but before i update the self installer didnt work for my psp so i instaled itsomewere elso on computer then copyed the files onto psp now i have 3 options in the game menu one is update to 2.71 se-a firmware the other is devhook for somereason i dont know what to do with tht and another called psp update ver X.YZ
what should i do?:(

michael_dack_2005
November 14th, 2006, 19:03
well i made sure and i upgraded to every 1 in turn. SE-A, SE-B, SE-B', SE-B''. Just to make sure.

Take ur UMD out, to be on the safe side.

The recovery folder does exactly what it says. If for some reason your psp is bricked, you enter the config menu b4 booting up ur psp, select recovery EBOOT.PBP. And your PSP shud return back to what it was before.

Delete all 3 of the files. The SE-A update, the devhook folder and the Update X.YZ, and try it again, the auto installer.

mikebeaver
November 14th, 2006, 19:06
Here you go mate, I wrote a whole guide to this the other day after I got it working for myself, all you had to do was look a few posts below this one its all there!!! or you could just use this link...http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42251
Hope it all works out for ya mate, 2.71se-b'' is great!

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 19:09
write iv got it mate but something isnt right i know theres supposed to be no iso sicussion but this is diffrent everyone has them but i need aquick answer pleas!e im at the latest version not with ur giude i did everything by those automaticly installers but my iso isnt loading it says game could not be started. (80020321) help please it perfectly legit

jak66
November 14th, 2006, 19:11
I dont know what the problem with your ISO is, possibly its corrupt, but legit or not, iso disscussion is not allowed.

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 19:15
What is this recovery thing please explain i dont understand it looks like i wil have to return to 1.5

mikebeaver
November 14th, 2006, 19:16
I dont trust auto installers with my PSP, I think id cry if someone wrote an auto virus installer!!! glad to hear you got your SE-B'' running, its great for brew and emu's, not sure about the rest of it though, have a search around for an answer.
The recovery mode alows you to recover from partial bricks, although im not sure how as i havent had to try it yet (touch wood :) )
It also lets you turn off he sony load screen and some other bits and pieces.

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 19:23
how do i get back to 1.5 though?

mikebeaver
November 14th, 2006, 19:26
i would presume you could use the universal downgrader by Dark Alex, but im not sure, and why would you want to go back to 1.5?

splodger15
November 14th, 2006, 19:26
Just use the generic downgrader

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 19:29
What ? can i not just automaticly downgrade? lol what have i got myself into! please help what is the generic downgrader? and were can i get it? or can u guys give me a tip on how to sort out my iso problem please

mikebeaver
November 14th, 2006, 19:32
sorry mate no iso talk im affraid, 2.71 se-b'' is basically 1.5+2.71 stuck together, you can get the generic downgrader from dark alexs site, the link is oin the guide i posted the link for a min ago!just have a look

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 19:35
ok and do i need anything else to get back to 1.5? and has the generic downgrader everything i need?
plus couldnt u email about my problem?

psp fan
November 14th, 2006, 19:40
also sorry but on the generic downgrader it says only for hen c or something is it still safe for me to downgrade? also do i need ac adapter in at all times?

splodger15
November 14th, 2006, 19:51
hold on

Dont use generic downgrader

Uninstall se-b

And just downgrade using this downgrader

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-downgraders-34338.html

jak66
November 14th, 2006, 20:43
hold on

Dont use generic downgrader

Uninstall se-b

And just downgrade using this downgrader

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-downgraders-34338.html

if only life were that easy, nope sorry sploder to unistall SE-B you would have to use recovery to flash 2.71, then degrade, but you may as well degrade straight to 1.5 with recovery

If you try generic degrader you get the DADADADADA error message (well...i did anyway)
To degrade you need the stuff inside files for recovery folder, found in either the SE-A archive or SE-B(1) archive, as well as a 1.50 update eboot renamed from EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and placed inside the recovery folder (its inside the files for recovery folder i just mentioned). After that put the recovery folder in the GAME folder on your memorystick, then reboot into recovery mode and choose run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP

psp fan
November 15th, 2006, 16:32
wo if only before i upgraded i knew that downgrading would be so hard. .. its ok guys iv upgraded and it looks like it will be like that for sometime.i just want to ask how to change clock speed so i can get things to go faster its relly slow at the moment especially the web browser i dont think i have it on 333mhz can you tell me how to?

psp fan
November 15th, 2006, 22:45
hello anyone? i would relly appreiciate this help its the only place i can get it from on the psp lol well the only reliable place

psp fan
November 16th, 2006, 12:15
hello? anyone? do you know were i can get a overclocking mod?

michael_dack_2005
November 19th, 2006, 10:25
first off psp_fan, if you want to add things to your post, use the "edit" button, instead of posting 3 posts in a row.

Now, several programs can overclock your PSP, here is a overclock PRX written, but I think the best so far is the CWcheat flash for 2.71 SE-B. Install that, and whilst you are in a game, hold SELECT for a couple of seconds, and a menu should pop up, you can change your Clock and Bus speed there.

EDIT: http://cwcheat.zioale.it/ click on v0.1.6 for se-b to download the RAR file

psp fan
November 21st, 2006, 13:17
cheers mate but what is the bus speed? and how do i install this?