PDA

View Full Version : Updated 2.71 SE-B'’ irsmp3 Module

splodger15
November 14th, 2006, 18:16
joek2100 has released an update to the MP3 PRX module we’ve all grown to love

v0.3 [and v0.3a] improve greatly on stability preventing many crashes as the playlist no longer requires extra allocated memory.

0.3a: Added more CPU speeds
Added a brightness toggle including maximum brightness(the one that normally requires your psp to be plugged in) (NOT E+X)

Controls (The Note button is to the left of select):

Note + Left Trigger = pause/resume playback
Note + Right Trigger = switch playback mode between random and sequential
Note + D-Pad Left = previous song (only in sequential mode)
Note + D-Pad Right = next song
Note + Triangle = Change CPU speed
Note + Square = Toggle On Screen Display (default off)
Note + Circle = Reload list of mp3 files (needed if you change the files in the music folder using usb)
Note + Cross = Change brightness level (from current up to maximum)
When “READY” is displayed in the bottom left hand corner, press ‘Note + Left Trigger’ to start playback.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Defx6669
November 14th, 2006, 20:33
Just tried it this morning. Whenever i try to play music it plays it at like 2x the speed for some reason. I only have cwcheat installed but i doubt thats the problem. Eitherway I'll use it to underclock while in the xmb so i can save some power when listening to music.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 14th, 2006, 20:38
Hows compatibility with game loading ? had problems before running games like RR2 so flashed back to plain old 2.71s se-b.Do u need coolbirds mod insta;;er for this or is it run from program list ?.Anyone tried with custom gboot installed?.

jak66
November 14th, 2006, 20:45
Just tried it this morning. Whenever i try to play music it plays it at like 2x the speed for some reason. I only have cwcheat installed but i doubt thats the problem. Eitherway I'll use it to underclock while in the xmb so i can save some power when listening to music.

My guess is that your songs were not encoded at a supported frequency (do they play properly when run in iRShell?)

Defx6669
November 14th, 2006, 21:11
My guess is that your songs were not encoded at a supported frequency (do they play properly when run in iRShell?)

Just gave it a try and the same thing happened. Guess I should probably find a better re-encoding program for my mp3's. Thanks for the info.

Jonesyxxiv
November 14th, 2006, 21:24
can this play songs in subfolders or only the music folder?

kando
November 14th, 2006, 22:03
im not using this for mp3's....im using it for the 4th brightness level and for that alone :D

Veskgar
November 14th, 2006, 22:07
I'm not using 2.71 SE-B so pardon me if this is a dumb question but.... does this let you play .mp3 music while playing a PSP game?

Like how iRshell lets you play .mp3 music while playing homebrew?

Any help would be appreciated.

jak66
November 14th, 2006, 22:47
I'm not using 2.71 SE-B so pardon me if this is a dumb question but.... does this let you play .mp3 music while playing a PSP game?

Like how iRshell lets you play .mp3 music while playing homebrew?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, and it can also be used to play mp3's anywhere in the XMB.

Apart from that it can change the brightness of the screen to any of the 4 settings, even without the power cable pluged in.

KiraPSP
November 14th, 2006, 23:52
This bricked my psp :(....I can still run recovery though how do I get my psp back to normal?

edit: nvm i got it

d3v1l
November 15th, 2006, 06:11
idk wtf is wrong but i had the other version installed..n i installed this version(the xmb eboot) n its like my psp is bricked..when i turn it on its a black screen n then goes off again.. luckily i can remove it with the recovery option..but what have i done wrong?

d3v1l
November 15th, 2006, 06:19
This bricked my psp :(....I can still run recovery though how do I get my psp back to normal?

edit: nvm i got it

can u tell me how cuz mine is bricked too...

kando
November 15th, 2006, 06:25
d3vil, kiraPSP, your flash0 is full.

IF YOU HAVE 2.71 SE, READ THIS POST (written by me) on THE MANY WAYS TO UNBRICK.

http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1173527&postcount=159

i have attached a 2.71 pspbtcnf.txt and pspbtcnf_game.txt that you can put in ms0:/reflash (these are 2.71 config files, 1.50 files arent written to in 2.71 SE).

cheers!

once you get back up and running, use PSPFiler to browse your flash0 and see if you have any large backgrounds flashed, or if you gameboot is too big...or if u have too many other third party prx's. you can also backup (or delete) the "lftv"* files in the vsh/resource folder, unless u actually use location free player :P

GOOD LUCK! all u need to unbrick should be here, the both of u :D

BTW

sceDisplaySetBrightness(100,0);

that appears to be the command to set brightness level 4.

u32 brightness[4] = {24,40,72,100};

those appear to be brightness level settings. if ANYONE knows how to code, can someone make a prx with that alone in it? of course set off by a keystroke..

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 15th, 2006, 07:40
Is this standalone or do u need coobirds installer ?.

kando
November 15th, 2006, 07:57
Is this standalone or do u need coobirds installer ?.

standalone.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 15th, 2006, 08:13
Thanks Kando helpfull as ever.

pibs
November 15th, 2006, 23:51
wait so if i have a custom background but i put it on with the regular xmb not the uflasher then is it still considered flashed to my psp? because if i delete it off the memory stick it still stays on so should i just put regular theme before i install this?

kando
November 16th, 2006, 00:03
wait so if i have a custom background but i put it on with the regular xmb not the uflasher then is it still considered flashed to my psp? because if i delete it off the memory stick it still stays on so should i just put regular theme before i install this?

it gets flashed to flash1, where all ur settings are :)

so i wouldnt worry about that, if u just viewed a photo and "set as background". it wont affect firmware installations :)

pibs
November 16th, 2006, 00:39
thanks a bunch kando, oh and btw irshell doesnt want to run on my se-b? i convert it to 1.0(also tried leaving it1.5) and it keeps telling me corrupted data........

edit: nvm found the irshell fix on here on one of the threads

kando
November 16th, 2006, 00:45
thanks a bunch kando, oh and btw irshell doesnt want to run on my se-b? i convert it to 1.0(also tried leaving it1.5) and it keeps telling me corrupted data........

edit: nvm found the irshell fix on here on one of the threads

theres a whole lot of homebrew that does the same thing, and ull need to apply that "fix"...what i did was first, converted all of my 1.50 eboots into 1.00 eboots...then i made a list of all the folders i saw on the memory card, and checked each one off as went through the psp homebrew in the xmb....that how you find out which ones are corrupt :)

and just "fix" em in the same way! fixers can be found at http://coldbird.lan.st :)

pibs
November 16th, 2006, 01:06
kool ,but since i had custom font and gameboot it bricked my psp. its all good since i recovered it but ima try the thing u said about removing the location free thing