PDA

View Full Version : CPS1PSP modified with rewind feature

wraggster
November 14th, 2006, 22:42
DaveX posted this news/release:

Hi everybody!

First, let me apologize for my poor english language skills. (I'm not native english speaker).

I have modified the original source code from NJ CPS1PSP emulator, to add a "rewind" feature like someone of you have tried before on other emulators (like ZSNES or nesDS). To activate rewind you have to press both "R + START".

This release have only been tested on a PSP 1.5 with Harleygs Custom firmware and option "nokxploit = true", so i can't tell you if it will run with other firmware versions, devicehooks, etc.

I hope someone it find useful. Bye!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via davex (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1169566&postcount=1)

kando
November 14th, 2006, 22:50
ooo mikedx wanna incorperate this in there? :D

the_eternal_dark
November 14th, 2006, 23:03
Rewind for cps1psp? Brilliant idea! I'll have to try this out when I get home tonight.

grit
November 14th, 2006, 23:19
ooo mikedx wanna incorperate this in there? :D

yep, this plus mike's wifi support would rock!

MikeDX
November 14th, 2006, 23:32
I need this guy to contact me asap and get him on my svn server..

aries2k4
November 15th, 2006, 00:13
Nice job, with this and soon wi-fi also you guys are bringing new life to this emu

psp828
November 15th, 2006, 00:14
wats rewind mode do

kando
November 15th, 2006, 00:25
mikedx: the original post was at http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1169566&postcount=1 try posting a reply there and get in contact w/ this guy :)

lumisi
November 15th, 2006, 00:49
What happened to the wifi releases of NJ's emulators?

kando
November 15th, 2006, 00:57
What happened to the wifi releases of NJ's emulators?

They are still a work in progress, theres a few things he needs to clean up...just wait for em :thumbup:

MikeDX
November 15th, 2006, 01:06
oh kando i didnt realise you were online!

I should try and get njemu over tcpip working ;)

ps ive emailed and pm'd him.. if he's interested, he'll contact me

either way i'm gonna try and assimilate his feature into my main tree

delt31
November 15th, 2006, 03:06
what does the rewind do???

kando
November 15th, 2006, 03:09
mikedx: great =) gotta love open source eh? :P

what does rewind do? lets say ur in an epic fight in marvel vs capcom against the last boss...and he hits u and u die....u can rewind 5-10 seconds and try again! :o

and infastructure wifi cps1/2/neogeo? many a gamer would cream their pantz :P

Napalm-Death
November 15th, 2006, 03:25
Hmm, if possible, can you disable the analog nub, or include an option to do so. It's so annoying to have to use it! Sorry for bombing the thread with my own requests.

kando
November 15th, 2006, 04:10
Napalm-Death: you COULD always use 0okm's button swapper and swap the analog for the direction pad...but from what i remember all 3 emulators work with BOTH the analog and the directional pad..

Baboon
November 15th, 2006, 08:42
This sounds like quite a cool feature! :) I'll fire this up on my 1.5 later today.

It's allways nice to have an update on these emu's.

Napalm-Death
November 15th, 2006, 11:55
Napalm-Death: you COULD always use 0okm's button swapper and swap the analog for the direction pad...but from what i remember all 3 emulators work with BOTH the analog and the directional pad..
Yeah, they BOTH work, that's the problem XD. My analog is possessed. Is there any possibility of seeing the Rewind feature in CPS2PSP?

MikeDX
November 15th, 2006, 12:21
if i can integrate this into the changed I've made to enable wifi, we should see this feature added to neogeo and cps2 :)

Napalm-Death
November 15th, 2006, 12:25
Awesome! I can't wait. :D

vladiftodi
November 15th, 2006, 15:49
what is rewind?

grit
November 15th, 2006, 16:28
if i can integrate this into the changed I've made to enable wifi, we should see this feature added to neogeo and cps2 :)

That would be outstanding, MikeDX!! :D

Apoklepz
November 15th, 2006, 17:33
what is rewind?

Well, I guess you're from the CD/DVD generation and never seen a VCR or Tape recorder.lol

This just gives you the option to go back to what you were doing in the game a couple of seconds ago...It's actually great if you want to cheat the game into a perfect no losses record. Very nifty I would say...Anyone know if it's been incorporated to CPS2 yet? I would be perfect for unlocking hidden character battles, like the elusive hard to beat Akuma in SSFII Turbo, and a bunch of others.

Mr. Shizzy
November 15th, 2006, 18:34

:D Excellent News. For everyone who thinks the scene is on it's last legs (lol). There is some incredible this ahead for the PSP homebrew scene. as you can see in the above quote, MikeDx has some awesome stuff in store for us. Not to mention Dark_Alex is doing some amazing stuff right now with custom firmware. (It looks like 8Gig mem sticks and PS3 connectivity could be a reality down the road). We still got PS1-P coming. :) Another IR Shell update for SE users :D. Updates on gpSP & Daedalus. JAVA on the PSP. And there are still emulators that haven't been done. ( Raine, Sega 32X ect...) Surely someone will get bored and attempt them. Looks like there is plenty to be excited about. :D

kando
November 15th, 2006, 18:56
dont forget NeoRageX :D

napalm-death: i can most likely help u fix this problem if you are willing to open ur psp...you would only have to remove the faceplate :)

shoot me a pm if ur interested!

MikeDX
November 15th, 2006, 19:01
kando get on msn please :)

Mr. Shizzy
November 15th, 2006, 19:07
dont forget NeoRageX :D

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that?

Apoklepz
November 15th, 2006, 19:09
:D Excellent News. For everyone who thinks the scene is on it's last legs (lol). There is some incredible this ahead for the PSP homebrew scene. as you can see in the above quote, MikeDx has some awesome stuff in store for us. Not to mention Dark_Alex is doing some amazing stuff right now with custom firmware. (It looks like 8Gig mem sticks and PS3 connectivity could be a reality down the road). We still got PS1-P coming. :) Another IR Shell update for SE users :D. Updates on gpSP & Daedalus. JAVA on the PSP. And there are still emulators that haven't been done. ( Raine, Sega 32X ect...) Surely someone will get bored and attempt them. Looks like there is plenty to be excited about. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself, Shizzy. BTW, did you check out my reply to your Xflash question name_plate.png thingie? Everybody should put it on their PSP's as a way of saying...I fully support the Dev scene...not you, $ony :thumbup:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42334&page=2

quzar
November 15th, 2006, 19:51
Has anyone tried this? Does it work well? I've never heard of such a thing and can't conceive of how it work work properly and not be broken completely randomly.

Is this just a way to get pseudo-save states?

kando
November 15th, 2006, 20:28
NeoRageX is just another neogeo format like raine :)