PDA

View Full Version : gpSP0.8 kai 2.4 (GBA Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
November 15th, 2006, 06:45
Takka has released a new release of his Unnofficial version of the GBA Emulator GPSP for the PSP:

Heres the crappy translation:

Addition of video mode
Without the filter mode of mode and 1.75 times (the top and bottom 4 dot added is cut off)..

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kando
November 15th, 2006, 06:59
it would be nice if he and exophase got together, i hate having 2 versions :(

Cap'n 1time
November 15th, 2006, 07:01
it would be nice if he and exophase got together, i hate having 2 versions :(

I dont know but I imagine exophase would be having a problem with the language barrier. All he can do really is somehow look at the source.

kando
November 15th, 2006, 07:04
its like math, code is universal :)

Mr. Shizzy
November 15th, 2006, 07:30
What's the "patch" file? (In the attached downloads)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 15th, 2006, 07:57

I wondered that to dude thank god its not just me who's stooopid lol...

Mr. Shizzy
November 15th, 2006, 09:04
lol. Your a character Eggman. :) So could someone please specify exactly what it is? Is it just an Eboot to switch out or something?

kayhanbakid
November 15th, 2006, 09:10
would removing the audio help performance at all?

hlide
November 15th, 2006, 10:07

Instead of giving all the source, Takka gives the patches that you must apply to the original source code (probably Exophase's version 0.8).

If you are not developers and you don't care about having the source code, you shouldn't be concerned by those patches.

You only need to take 1.5 version if you have fw 1.5 or the other version otherwise.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 15th, 2006, 10:10
AHHhhh ok thats shed some light on that so no use unless your a coder shouldnt the full source be made availabe under the gpl agreement ?.

hlide
November 15th, 2006, 10:21
AHHhhh ok thats shed some light on that so no use unless your a coder shouldnt the full source be made availabe under the gpl agreement ?.

patches are convenient ways to avoid multiple source codes for developers. You can still retrieve the Exophase's source code then get patches, so this is okay for GPL : instead of having one source code to retrieve, you just need to get two source codes, but there are both available freely.

Why patches ? imagine there is three developers : each develops something different for the same application. Just take the main source code and apply the other two patches so you may benefit all their modifications instead of having 3*3 different source codes because of possible combinations.

Hope i'm understandable.

EDIT: here, you may choose to apply some modifications like just a sound fix and not having the new video mode because you want to apply yours. This is easier to do with separate patches.

apfel
November 15th, 2006, 11:04
Here the changelog:
-gpSP kai 2.4
Add video mode.
unscaled 3:2 (existing mode)
scaled 3:2(LINEAR) (existing mode)
fullscreen 16:9(LINEAR) (existing mode)
scaled 3:2(NEAREST) (no filter mode)
fullscreen 16:9(NEAREST) (no filter mode)
scaled 1.75(NEAREST) (scale 1.75 mode but top/buttom cut 4dot)

Vega
November 15th, 2006, 11:06
Sorry for the almighty repeated question - - but Im guessing Mario vs Donkey Kong and Zelda are still buggy ??

Exophase
November 15th, 2006, 11:36
Vega: No, of course not :P

Does anyone like these video modes? I always figured they don't look very good.

Vega
November 15th, 2006, 11:42
Vega: No, of course not :P

Argh.

Anyways.. I'll test it out now and check up on the video modes.

EDIT : The video modes seem fine... I've got no real bones to pick with them, except maybe they are a little... what would the word be.. pixely or blocky maybe?

Exophase
November 15th, 2006, 12:42
I guess it wouldn't hurt to add them, then at least people can stop asking for them.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 15th, 2006, 13:59
patches are convenient ways to avoid multiple source codes for developers. You can still retrieve the Exophase's source code then get patches, so this is okay for GPL : instead of having one source code to retrieve, you just need to get two source codes, but there are both available freely.

Why patches ? imagine there is three developers : each develops something different for the same application. Just take the main source code and apply the other two patches so you may benefit all their modifications instead of having 3*3 different source codes because of possible combinations.

Hope i'm understandable.

EDIT: here, you may choose to apply some modifications like just a sound fix and not having the new video mode because you want to apply yours. This is easier to do with separate patches.
:thumbup:
Thanks for clearing that up dude i just didnt want the coder to be treading on anybody's toes.I think he may have peed exophase off a bit tho by not informing him he was working on his emu.

mnuhaily22
November 15th, 2006, 14:26
I can confirm that this is working under reverse devhook, and I can also confirm that it rocks.

luthor_70
November 15th, 2006, 15:29
What about a 2X video mode where the TOP or the BOTTOM would be cropped or even shrinked ??? I really find the linear modes too much blurry , that doesn't look like the real GBA.

Vega
November 15th, 2006, 16:57
I guess it wouldn't hurt to add them, then at least people can stop asking for them.

What do you mean? The Bios? Dont be doing that man, dont want any legal problems with this.

Maybe I just read that wrong though

Mew
November 15th, 2006, 17:03
omg Vega :D

I tihnk Exophase meant the new video modes that were added in that mod ;)

jak66
November 15th, 2006, 17:08
What do you mean? The Bios? Dont be doing that man, dont want any legal problems with this.

Maybe I just read that wrong though

yep you read worng, he just means the new sceen sizes, hes gonna impiment them into the official gpSP

Vega
November 15th, 2006, 17:12
omg Vega :D

I tihnk Exophase meant the new video modes that were added in that mod ;)

I thought he meant the Bios because I had to edit my post before Exophase posted.... and my original post said about how the Bios wouldnt work in this release... but they did on his official release. Turns out it was my stupidity.. I installed the gba_bios.cfg instead of the .Bin file. Im feeling pretty dumb today :)
Still, were people wanting new video modes? I really dont see the advantage in them.. apart from more options.

kpaul_nyc
November 15th, 2006, 19:05
Features I would like to see:
A mute option--- to use with ir shell.

noeleyc
November 15th, 2006, 20:08
has anyone else found comatability issues with these unofficial updates against the real ones? I'm finding some of my games that used to work now don't, esp. if they're zipped!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 15th, 2006, 20:30
I found a weird bug on fzero the map on the left on this version flickered and pulsed like hell put Exophases last release and it was fine so sticking with it while his official release is out.

Veskgar
November 15th, 2006, 20:51
Features I would like to see:

SPEEED!!!

I don't know if it is even possible to speed up some of the slower games, but if some tweaking can be done to help with some of the sluggish games, that would be on the top of my wish list. A few example games are as follows:

Final Fantasy V
Summon Night 2 (Battles)
Advance Wars
Golden Sun (Battles)

Next on my wish list would be compatibility. If it is possible to get games that crash at certain parts to work, that would be incredible.

But even at its current "BETA" state, gpSP is one of the most impressive works of homebrew I have seen. I can't wait for an official update.

jhontikis
November 15th, 2006, 21:20
" Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
I guess it wouldn't hurt to add them, then at least people can stop asking for them."

Then can we start asking for HQ2X and LQ2X modes?
Well, i bet no. :D

Exophase
November 16th, 2006, 00:51
You bet right?

Vega
November 16th, 2006, 06:15
lol

Really tho exophase... Im in brown nosing mode tonight... gPSP kicks serious f****** ass man. official or unofficial . . thanks for the hard work.

Many nights I have sat on my ass and played gPSP , its becoming a bad habit.

but yeah . . thumbs up.

mikebeaver
November 16th, 2006, 11:20
Well even though it looks like a bit of hard work is going in to these unofficial updates, id really like to wait for exophase' next release, it was his hard work that started it and would be quite ungrateful to jump ship as soon as a slightly different version appears, thanks for the emu exophase, keep up the good work.

lexb123
November 16th, 2006, 15:58
I dont know but I imagine exophase would be having a problem with the language barrier. All he can do really is somehow look at the source.

I agree but that’s all he should do. Check out the code and try to implement it into his awesome emu.
I don’t mind having 2 versions but 1 bug free version with greater compatibility sounds much better.
But its all up to Exo and Tak.

pspuser123
November 17th, 2006, 00:24
Hey, it says in qj that Exophase has quit.......
dude why did u quit???!! u have a great project goin on, or at least release the final project

Veskgar
November 17th, 2006, 04:16
Hey, it says in qj that Exophase has quit.......
Please say it ain't so...... Oh please please please say it ain't so! :(

darknight88
November 18th, 2006, 00:38
no he didnt quit,if you read the QJ site,it says he is not quitting so calm down

downloaddownload
November 28th, 2006, 06:12
Well even though it looks like a bit of hard work is going in to these unofficial updates, id really like to wait for exophase' next release, it was his hard work that started it and would be quite ungrateful to jump ship as soon as a slightly different version appears, thanks for the emu exophase, keep up the good work.

The emulator is still from Exophase. No jumping to another. Takka just fixed a few tweaks. Saving to a sony card is instant!

downloaddownload
December 2nd, 2006, 02:13
Exophase, I didnt like the other video modes either. Linear was just fine

unknown_knight
December 2nd, 2006, 08:13
where do i put the gba bio file??????? help plzzzz!!

carlitx
December 2nd, 2006, 14:21
ok is this a new or old version?