PDA

View Full Version : Internet Access HELP!

MrTeressaBond
November 15th, 2006, 11:40
Internet Access HELP!

i am having problems with my internet at home, and i am typing this in a different place.

basicall,y my sister has told me wen i arived home that the intetnet is not working properly.

and wen i checked t out, harly any sites would load up, like wikipedia and imdb or so on... only Google would work and its earch results, but wen clicked, nothing doesnt load up.

pictures as well very much in an image search engine.

also, i have webroot spysweeper, and Ad-Aware, and neither of them can upload its definations, they would only freeze up wen trying to. for example, wen i update with Ad-Aware, it would only go up to 5% and would stay there, even wen i cancel and start again, still would not work.

i still scanned with htem, and with Ad-Aware, i found stuff, but still would not solve the proble, and nothing with SpySweeper.

this is a nightmare for me, and i cant do any sort of work watsoever.

does anyone know what the problem might be? i dont like this one bit.

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 11:46
hmmmm what are you using wireless (router) or just a normal modem

Darksaviour69
November 15th, 2006, 12:25
go tot "RUN", type MSCONFIG , set to diagnostic mode, and then run adware progam.

or you could , run MSCONFIG and go to star up and disable any suspicious programs/services...

MrTeressaBond
November 15th, 2006, 13:17
im using a USB Modem supplied by the IP. internet always usually works fine.

well, i really want to update definations, cause that might be the problem, and i know u cant access the internet in safe mode either.

do you lot have any idea what this might be? old or new?

also, i forgot to mention that wen i did scan on Ad-Aware, it did find somesort of Win.32 Trogan or something, and i got that deleted and i think its quratined, but even after that, it still wont operate properly. this si very unsual to me, and i dont want to go as far as restarting my windows.

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 14:17
Try delteing the trojan

I would recommend installing AVG Free Edition it can be found here

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-virus-free/lng/us/tpl/v5

MrTeressaBond
November 16th, 2006, 12:10
okay, im in a crappy situation again.

i came back frm college and the intetnet was working fine, iw as able to access sites like usual, but only for a short time.

wat i mean is, that i keep on getting disconnected.

for those who are familar, i have a ADSL Modem and on hte taskbar, htere is a green icon to tell me the connection is established. but there are sooo many times just like now, it goes yellow, meaning connection not established, then it would go green again after a few seconds. and i would hae to reconnect to the net again. if im lucky.

yesterday, wen i was able to connect properly, i got all the updates from Ad-Aware, Spysweeper, and Norton AntiVirus, and did scans with them, and found hardly anyhting really.

this is realy getting annoying, and i cant work like this.

can someone please tel me wat to do or what is happening?

i dont think at all my modem or connection is weak, cause i lived with it for a long time and this is sort of the first of its kind with a 8MB broadband.

anyone? please?

Darksaviour69
November 16th, 2006, 12:15
ring your internet provider, it could be a problem from their end

MrTeressaBond
November 16th, 2006, 13:43
but its not. cause i can still connect, and i am even lucky to get on and type this all out.

i think its a new type of spyware or virus. do u think i should do all the scans again but in Safe Mode perhaps?

Darksaviour69
November 16th, 2006, 13:49
but constantly losing connection could be the provider mistake, or ip address issues and what not...

MrTeressaBond
November 16th, 2006, 13:57
well i went to the Windows Update, and gotten everything from there wats available, plus right now i am using Internet Explorer 7. i dont know if its good or not, but it makes all the writing here bold, and i want to revery it back how it looked like with IE 6.

i am still lucky i havent got dc yet, but i assume wen i am on quite a heavy load with the intetnet, it disconnects, but htats a theory, cause it shouldnt happen anyways.

also, are the programs i use any good to help protect my computer? cause Spysweeper doesnt really load up wen windows starts up even though i setted it to be that way. same with Norton Antivirus, and i have Ad-Watch always there, but i dont know if htat does much work either.

Cloudhunter
November 16th, 2006, 14:35
Hmm, well its either a modem issue, a driver issue or a ISP issue. I doubt it has anything to do with a virus.

Cloudy

Smurph
November 16th, 2006, 17:35
Norton sucks. Ad-Watch I have never heard of, so it's probably spyware done up like an adware-remover.

Get Kaspersky. It is the absolute BEST antivirus I have ever used. They've got a 30 day free trial, too.

http://www.kaspersky.com/

Kaspersky > *

splodger15
November 16th, 2006, 20:40
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti.../lng/us/tpl/v5

AVG free edition is free and better

Darksaviour69
November 16th, 2006, 21:42
i use clamwin (free)

Junixx
November 16th, 2006, 22:57
Norton sucks. Ad-Watch I have never heard of, so it's probably spyware done up like an adware-remover.

Get Kaspersky. It is the absolute BEST antivirus I have ever used. They've got a 30 day free trial, too.

http://www.kaspersky.com/

Kaspersky > *

Ad-Watch is Ad-Aware's spyware/adware blocker

If Im thinking correctly my friend had this problem too, he could connect to internet for a little while and then it would shut off and he had to restart his computer for it to work temporarily again, I think he ended up having to re-install Windows...

Before you do that though, try Astonshell. Somehow, when my brother had some adware he couldnt get rid of, he used Astonshell and it stopped. (I have no clue how, it just did)

:Edit:

Also, instead of using IE, use Firefox, its ALOT safer, haven't had any adware/spyware problems on my computer

MrTeressaBond
November 17th, 2006, 20:10
thats almost precisely wat happens to me.

i am using the new IE 7, more or less, its almost like FireFox.

i will try out AstonShell. wat is it specifically?