PDA

View Full Version : Official US PlayStation Magazine to close

wraggster
November 15th, 2006, 18:55
News via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=149206)

Ziff Davis will close OPSM after the January 2007 issue, saying PS3 will allow for a "more efficient distribution of game demos, videos, and trailers."

A statement from the company said, "With this next generation of game consoles, the days of having to bundle a disc with a magazine to distribute games-related content are over. And the disc has clearly been a major driver for consumer interest in premium-priced, platform-specific magazines in the past, when the magazine disc was the only way gamers could get such content."

A falling subscription install base and a decline in print ad revenue were also named as key factors behind the closure in January.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 15th, 2006, 19:06
Old news read it on maxonsole this morning lol still cant say i will miss it.

the one and only
November 15th, 2006, 19:09
That sucks, i used to buy them magazines, wont be the same without them

besides, who is going to buy a ps3 anyway ;) they were doomed either way

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 19:17
Thats bad news

TCLCloud
November 15th, 2006, 19:19
Hardly old news if you read it this morning...

The point is though everything will be digital so magazines dont really matter anways

DraconumPB
November 15th, 2006, 22:02
I remember when the official dreamcast magazine closed down... I was so sad ><

Makaveli777
November 15th, 2006, 22:46
So that explains the bad psp scores. They did it to get back at sony for them being closed down.

emuking
November 15th, 2006, 23:56
actually most psp games deserve low scores so thats normal

Makaveli777
November 16th, 2006, 04:16
actually most psp games deserve low scores so thats normal

Not killzone liberation and lumines 2 and some others they rated low. Those are actually good and opm made it like they was the worst games ever.

Joe88
November 16th, 2006, 23:23
Not killzone liberation and lumines 2 and some others they rated low. Those are actually good and opm made it like they was the worst games ever.

no EGM also gave it low scores because its more of the same with some additions.

Its a shame this mag had to go
Im only missing the first 10 issues from the whole collection =[

gslop
November 16th, 2006, 23:57
This sucks the mag was pretty good on info somtimes. But i like OXM way better. lol