PDA

View Full Version : Pirates! on PSP - first screens

wraggster
November 15th, 2006, 18:58
News from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=149244)

In case you missed it, Pirates! is an action/adventure game where you take the role of a (drum roll...) pirate captain, looting, pillaging and yaar'ing your way to pirate fame and fortune.

PC Zone quite liked it, giving it a score of 88 and calling it a game that "effortlessly takes the best of every style of gaming and mixes it into a consistent and enduringly charming whole."

The PSP version will apparently feature additional features such as wireless Ad-Hoc multiplayer for up to four players, widescreen graphics, new treasure hunts and more.

"We love the new possibilities from handheld systems like the PSP system," said Mr. Meier in the press release. "Pirates! for the PSP system allows players to shape the heroic life of a pirate while embracing the pirate's way of life - always on the go!"

Sid Meier's Pirates! PSP is expected in shops on Febuary 23, 2007.

Screens at Link Above

TCLCloud
November 15th, 2006, 19:17
Got it for xbox, might get it fo r the PSP, its a pretty good game, could be soo much better though.....

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 19:18
Not my type of game

robocelot
November 16th, 2006, 05:28
Anyone who is interested in this should probably check out Pirates! Gold via the Genesis emulator (only one of them runs it properly).

Great game.

blackrave
November 16th, 2006, 08:14
Yeah, Pirates! Gold is an awesome game, but I've never played any newer Pirates! games. I will definately get this, sounds so cool. We'll have to wait until February, though.

benn
November 16th, 2006, 08:21
i love it when they describe a USP of a PSP game as "widescreen graphics" - wow! really. can you imagine a PSP game without widescreen gfx?

opiate81
November 16th, 2006, 08:39
hell yeah I LOVE this game I still play the C64 version more than any other game :p
the xbox version was a bit easy.. but still fun!!
Sid Meiers is a genius!

Hungry Horace
November 16th, 2006, 19:22
just play it on PSPUAE :P

ok, i never have, (nor on a real amiga or winUAE) but megadrive? PC? C64? pah.

FOL
January 16th, 2007, 18:34
Pirates was awesome on the Amiga, then on the CD32 with Pirates Gold, so im looking forward to this game, ;)