PDA

View Full Version : Official PlayStation Magazine will continue in UK

wraggster
November 15th, 2006, 19:39
Via Gamesindustry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21101)

Following the announcement that the US Official PlayStation Magazine is to close, Future Publishing and Sony Computer Entertainment have confirmed that the UK version will continue.

"This is a matter between Ziff Davis and Sony US. In the UK and Europe, Future continues to enjoy a long and successful relationship with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe," a Future spokesperson told GamesIndustry.biz.

"This deal has been further cemented this week with the release of our third Official title in the UK - the brand new Official PlayStation Magazine, which focuses on the PlayStation 3."

A spokesperson for Sony UK added, "We are fully committed to and supportive of OPM, and will continue to be for the forseeable future."

The announcement that OPM US is to close was made earlier today, with Ziff Davis citing an increased focus on digital media and content distribution as the reason.

S34MU5
November 15th, 2006, 19:42
It should close, its rubbish and overpriced.
'mon the PSW

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 19:46
I dont tend to buy this magazine anyway but its a shame to see it close in the us

Avenyet
November 15th, 2006, 20:14
damn i was hoping we lost it i'm fed up of never selling a single copy and 9 times out of 10 some little scum bag will pinch the damned demo disc

Accordion
November 15th, 2006, 20:38
its an awful magazine in the uk

all [real] gamers should stick to EDGE.

all other mags are just too imature to bother with

TCLCloud
November 15th, 2006, 21:54
The OPM is too expensive for what it is, most demos are old or not very good at all, the reviews are completely bias and it doesnt actually have any infomation in it that you can get on the internet quicker and free......

foxzoner
November 15th, 2006, 22:39
the OPM is a bit expensive and the some demos suck. also the magezine content ain't good and they never give good grades of good games! also gamespot and ign are free regist and all the info you get from the magazine is there in the site and its FREE!

demonblaze
November 15th, 2006, 22:43
Yes OPM does suck but then so does edge (I haven't enjoyed a future published magazine since Amiga Format stopped). Real gamers read GAMEStm and use pages of edge as glossy toilet paper :rofl:

Accordion
November 15th, 2006, 23:15
Yes OPM does suck but then so does edge (I haven't enjoyed a future published magazine since Amiga Format stopped). Real gamers read GAMEStm and use pages of edge as glossy toilet paper :rofl:

wrong...

gamestm wouldnt exist without edge

...and only idiots would use glossy toilet paper, urgh!

Emeriastone
November 15th, 2006, 23:48
Waza? Not in the US?

Veskgar
November 16th, 2006, 03:03
I got a fair share of this magazine but I did not find them as informative as EGM or GamePro. I don't really mind that the magazine is closing shop. I think there are too many gaming magazines and would prefer to just see EGM and GamePro evolve.

mikebeaver
November 16th, 2006, 11:04
Personaly I never cared much this this mag, the demoo always seemed to be the only reason to buy it ( not a very good reason, but te only one still!)
The only mag I will read is EDGE, it's always well researched and has good interviews etc.I tried Games TM and found it just was'nt as good , i seam to remember an old saying about the oldest form of flattery? cant remember how it went, lol.

Joe88
November 16th, 2006, 23:25
The US version of the mg was one of the greatest mags here though
especially since PSM sucks

well at least I still have EGM