PDA

View Full Version : PSPInt: Intellivision Emulator for PSP v1.0.7

wraggster
November 15th, 2006, 22:27
ZX-81 (http://zx81.dcemu.co.uk/) has informed us of the release of a new Intellivision Emulator for PSP released today:

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPInt the Intellivision Emulator for PSP.

For those who haven't seen previous versions, Jzintv is an emulator of the Intellivision videogame system written by Joe Zbiciak running on many systems such as Linux, Unix, Windows and MacOS.
See official jzintv site for further informations.

What's new in version 1.0.7 :

- Emulator menus reorganisation (new menu for settings)
- Icons and background images modification
- The percent of battery left is now displayed in the emulator window
- Add a watchdog to automatically return to the emulator menu
when the battery is very low (< 5%)
- New feature to save and load a distinct setting file for each games
- Delete files option (in the file selector)

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license, read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via ZX-81 (http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/)

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 22:36
Great work ZX-81 keep it up

Veskgar
November 15th, 2006, 23:05
Awesome. Seeing this news makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. People were saying that ZX-81 left the scene. Well, obviously that is not true.

Great stuff Zx-81, thanks for your continued contributions to the scene.

samthegreat68
November 15th, 2006, 23:10
this is great, im not sure what intellivision is but im glad to see a release of SOMETHING finally! thank you zx!

weirdelf
November 15th, 2006, 23:14
nice work

LAMPRO
November 16th, 2006, 03:28
i had intellivision as a child growin up , and atari was the competitor then, like sony and xbox is now.... bugged out. intellivision has a wierd controller similar to colecovision controller, with a sort of discpad under a number pad that might look like a phone. the games would come in a cart style and in the box also were 2 thin plastic illustrated overlays that would slip into the controller over the numbers, and when you played the game, you used the buttons on the overlay on the pad with the disc and the overlay made each game unique.. it was a great idea and something i miss thinkin about it now... mmm the good ol days.

sfish
November 16th, 2006, 03:47
Outstanding. I just dusted off my copies of Intellivision Lives! and Intellivision Rocks and have been having a blast playing all those old games. All the fun without those awful old controllers. Ahhh... the memories of CTS in its infancy. :D

Thanks for this and all you do for us, ZX-81.

Illegal Machine
November 16th, 2006, 07:27
This is a great update and all, but is there a way to Upgrade the compatability??

I've been DYING to play Demon Attack since this came out and havent been able to YET!

thanks and keep working on this one!!!!

P.S. the Configuration does NOT save ever under any circumstances.. the settings are ALWAYS default at startup

and whenever the swap analog and Dpad is on the analog still retains its up and down control..

but the emulation is WAY smoother >PLEASE KEEP UPDATING THIS<

Poem58
November 16th, 2006, 10:04
now all we need is an Atari 2600 emu of this quality as far more 2600's were sold than intellivision...my neighbor had intellivision and we had atari2600...actually my neighbor was the ONLY one I ever knew who had an intellivision...never realized that til just now....hmmm....

ZX...I beg of you....bring us the 2600 emu of quality..............and of course great job on the intellivision emu as well!

mr_nick666
November 16th, 2006, 11:46
Fantastic to see you working again ZX :thumbup: Im a big fan of all your work so updates are always great :D (someones got to educate these young folk as to where their consoles came from! ;) )

zx-81
November 16th, 2006, 12:32
This is a great update and all, but is there a way to Upgrade the compatability??

I've been DYING to play Demon Attack since this came out and havent been able to YET!

thanks and keep working on this one!!!!

P.S. the Configuration does NOT save ever under any circumstances.. the settings are ALWAYS default at startup

and whenever the swap analog and Dpad is on the analog still retains its up and down control..

but the emulation is WAY smoother >PLEASE KEEP UPDATING THIS<

Thanks for your feedback, i've done it too fast :o ... I will fix those bugs asap.

@all: thx :)

Baboon
November 16th, 2006, 13:44
I never had an Intellivsion machine when I was a kid, but I’m going to give this emu a blast later tonight. :) ...thanks for the update ZX.

I think the first games I had as a kid were the LCD games of Astrowars and Frogger (which I still own) and then later my first (sort of) computer the ‘Commodore plus 4’.

You cant beat a bit of retro gaming nostalgia. :)

SweetFA
November 16th, 2006, 17:34
now all we need is an Atari 2600 emu of this quality as far more 2600's were sold than intellivision...my neighbor had intellivision and we had atari2600...actually my neighbor was the ONLY one I ever knew who had an intellivision...never realized that til just now....hmmm....

ZX...I beg of you....bring us the 2600 emu of quality..............and of course great job on the intellivision emu as well!
What's wrong with Stella?

Illegal Machine
November 16th, 2006, 17:59
yea Stella V2 is perfect.... almost at least it's good enough for sure.. .and has a pretty good compatability... .the only thing I dislike is that it keeps a folder in the root of the MS

zx-81
November 16th, 2006, 19:40

The workarround is to create a directory called "set" in the __SCE__pspint folder
(or pspint folder for 2.x FW). Another thing, when you will save the settings it may happen pspint display an error message such as "can't save file". Don't take care of this message, your settings should be properly saved in the "set" directory.

I forgot to add this "set" directory in the zip archive ...

I've just tried this feature, and it works for me, when i set another mapping in the keyboard setup menu, and when i swap between digital / analog pad it works ...

Poem58
November 17th, 2006, 02:36
yea Stella V2 is perfect.... almost at least it's good enough for sure.. .and has a pretty good compatability... .the only thing I dislike is that it keeps a folder in the root of the MS

Almost perfect?
The paddle support has never worked (at least I've never gotten it to work) sound is innaccurate (usually at a higher pitch than original) and alot of games have video or control issues(some boot and thats as far as they get)....yeah alot of games play...but the one supported video mode makes games like Atlantis impossible to see your fire...some games have video scrolls that make most of the picture unviewable...I have tried most every one of the 500 2600 roms and alot of the good ones I remember as a kid are just not playable....and I would really like to have accurate sound....
Stella 0.2 is about halfway there and I assume is abandoned....it needs finished thats all....Who better than the one who's mastered all it's competitors?? (Master Zx-81) that is why I requested it for him.... after all he did a great job on the confusing at times 800/5200 emu and as I was growing up there was (like the intellivision) only 1 person I ever saw with a 5200 same goes with the 7800. I still see people today with 2600's....
I miss mine and plan to get all of it back, ALL OF IT! so my son can experience the simplisic joy of bleeps and bloops and one button fun....
but for now...it seems to be the one real popular system of old....that is not not fully emulated...properly like it deserves.....

If I had a GP2X I wouldn't be saying anything cause apparently it can emulate 2600 just about perfect in sound and graphics as well as compatibility.

sfish
November 17th, 2006, 11:51
Stella 0.2 is about halfway there and I assume is abandoned....

Yeah, and to think I donated to the developer of that app right after 0.2 came out. :mad: