PDA

View Full Version : Dont Stand A Line For A Wii!!!!!!!!!!!

ICE
November 15th, 2006, 22:52
Tonight on the radio it i heard that some station had talked to a Nintendo exec who said there will be a phony shortage of Wii's on launch day and in the following days. He went on to say that after launch Nintendo planned, and had been planning for over a year, to FLOOD THE MARKET WITH WII'S. Just wait a week or two after the launch and, according to Nintendo, you can get your Wii no problem.

chrono75
November 16th, 2006, 00:02
Good information!

Cap'n 1time
November 16th, 2006, 00:41
If you can find a direct quote on the net or somthing, that would be a great addition to our news page :)

Video_freak
November 16th, 2006, 00:54
This.....would.....make.....my dreams come true! :thumbup:

Kramer
November 16th, 2006, 01:05
meh I dont care ive got mine preordered:p.

But it's most likely true because ive heard of this market strategy before.

pibs
November 16th, 2006, 01:24
oh there is a god..... i thought i would have to wait a year to get a wii

thanks 4 the info hallsguitar and i hope its from a reliable source

ICE
November 16th, 2006, 01:32
i'll look for a quote.

porchemasi
November 16th, 2006, 01:36
guys if u had the money would u get a wii or a ps3 (if money were not an option)

ICE
November 16th, 2006, 02:03
"We're looking at a million (units) for North America at launch," said Bertram. "When Sony came out (with their PS3 announcement), they said 300,000.

"If we get what we're supposed to get, this will be our most plentiful launch in the 15 years I've been at Nintendo. All signs are actually extremely positive."

He's the head of Nintendo in Canada.

Nintendo is maximizing all its resources for a rapid replenishment program designed to consistently pump Wii consoles into the supply pipeline and keep retailers' shelves as filled as possible. In addition, Nintendo factories are working around the clock manufacturing the extraordinary new system. Nintendo is employing fleets of planes, cargo ships, trains and ground vehicles in each global market to maintain the best supply flow possible, starting in the Americas.

Thats from Nintendo.com. Sorry couldnt find a direct quote but i really hope what i heard is true. If it turns out to be false then im sorry for misleading you but the fact that they are shipping 2 million in 4 days and 4-6 million by 07 looks promising.

Kramer
November 16th, 2006, 02:09
guys if u had the money would u get a wii or a ps3 (if money were not an option)

yep I could afford a PS3 instead of a Wii but im still getting the Wii. But if I had enough for both I would get a PS3.

ICE
November 16th, 2006, 02:12
ok well i emailed the guy who said it on air requesting a quote so if i get one i'll post it here asap. :cool:

SnesR0X
November 16th, 2006, 03:22
i would get a wii if money was no object

ACID
November 16th, 2006, 03:40
Thats kind of the same thing that happend to the 360 here in the us. People whent crazy buying them on ebay and two weeks later all the stores had them on the shelfs.

ICE
November 16th, 2006, 04:02
yep thats my prediction for the wii.

iniquitous_beast
November 16th, 2006, 05:56
Thats kind of the same thing that happend to the 360 here in the us. People whent crazy buying them on ebay and two weeks later all the stores had them on the shelfs.

I'd like to have known where you lived. Me and my cousin were hunting for a x360 for a good two months without success. Preorders were so backed up with all the local shops. Lucky you.

ACID
November 16th, 2006, 06:01
Well in PA i live. And i laught when my friend bought a couple after release and sold them for twice the amount on ebay. People just dont want to wait. Hey even now the PS3 is going for 1900 on ebay. now thats crazy.

pibs
November 16th, 2006, 06:37
same thing is gona happen with wii, freggin nerds who have nothing better to do get satisfaction of actually going out into the real world and camping out next to the stores, because the woods would just scare the cr@p out of them...........lol im high

splodger15
November 16th, 2006, 17:37

Both

the_eternal_dark
November 18th, 2006, 10:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by porchemasi View Post

Both
______

Same here, but look, Sony is having display problems already, not to mention all those crazy cracks robbing people in lines lately.

mercury
November 18th, 2006, 17:49
I want both.. probably get a wii first tho and see how the new controller works out. I like the inovations that nintendo have added and Sony dont seem to care about us in europe at the moment!

Interesting Wii Vs PS3 Comparison :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/ljZOHnZNaBc

I heart Nintendo
November 22nd, 2006, 01:50
I got mine pre-ordered. But I'm still gonna do the 'stand outside the store a few hours before they open at midnight' bull-crap.

I'm official a saddo. *hangs head down in shame*