PDA

View Full Version : eLoader 0.995 "Kriek" - Support for v2.80 Firmware

wraggster
November 15th, 2006, 23:57
Fanjita (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=743278) and Ditlew (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=743279) have just released a new ELoader (Homebrew Loader) for the PSP, heres the release details:

It's been a long wait for 2.80 PSP owners, eager to get their hands on some homebrewing goodness. But hopefully today's news will prove that the wait has been worthwhile.

Noobz are proud to announce the release of the latest eLoader, version 0.995 (hey, we're scared of the big 1.0, OK?), also known as "Kriek". We know you don't want to read too many words before getting into the action, so - what's new?
The biggie - support for v2.80 firmware. v2.80 is still only user-mode support, and there are some minor syscalls that can't be resolved. But in general, the vast majority of user-mode homebrew works fine.
Another biggie - this release includes an experimental new way of using eLoader, called xLoader. xLoader allows you to run homebrew directly from the PSP's XMB menu, just like on a v1.0 PSP. Usage is a lot like Dark Alex's HEN C, but the underlying technology is very different. Because it's experimental, and a lot of work to fix up for each firmware, it's currently only supported for v2.80 firmware, and compatibility is a little lower than standard eLoader. Make sure to view the README file (displayed during installation) for more information.
You can now use the power switch to enter suspend mode in any homebrew that normally supports suspend mode on v1.5 firmware. This works in eLoader on firmwares 2.5-2.71, and in xLoader.
The built-in PSP on-screen keyboard now works in xLoader.
The Installotron is now included in the eLoader installation, so that in principle, you may never need to manually install any homebrew ever again. Installotron also now includes an option to automatically modify EBOOTs to make them suitable for xLoader.
Stability and compatibility is mostly improved over v0.99, although some homebrew is less stable, especially on v2.00 firmware. You may want to keep 0.99 and 0.995 side-by-side on firmwares that can run both.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatibility Reports Via Comments

Visit the Official DCEmu Eloader and Tiff Exploit Forums (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
Via Noobz (http://noobz.eu/)

mavsman4457
November 16th, 2006, 00:01
This is fantastic news. The homebrew scene is not dead at all and many 2.8ers have been waiting for this for a while.

kando
November 16th, 2006, 00:01
YAY i get to dust off my 2.80!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 16th, 2006, 00:13
WOW now hopefully a exploit can be found for a downgrader ect great work to all involved.

MikeDX
November 16th, 2006, 00:15
Awesome work, truly awesome.

now to test to see if wifi works in user mode on 2.8 :)

scarph
November 16th, 2006, 00:17
lol fanjita never tells anyone that hes working on something
and bam a new eloader

only 2.8 or 2.8x?

ExcruciationX
November 16th, 2006, 00:22
Exellent news!

TacticalBread
November 16th, 2006, 00:26
I've always had 1.5, but this is great news! Now maybe the homebrew scene will return to full force. :D

nin_deftone
November 16th, 2006, 00:29
Does anyone know if they are trying to find a new hack to run homebrew on 2.81?I really hope they do!

what i meant was if fanjita,dark_alex or anyone else are gonna look for new ways to run homebrew on 2.81

kando
November 16th, 2006, 00:33
Does anyone know if they are trying to find a new hack to run homebrew on 2.81?I really hope they do!

the exploit used in this was patched in 2.81 unfortunatly, so i doubt it :(

at least until a new exploit is found.

-=me=-
November 16th, 2006, 00:38
simply.... amazing

hope devhook will happen soon, like when 3.0 comes out

kando
November 16th, 2006, 00:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei9vMhTcOYE

movie of eloader in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlpaH5JQEVE

xloader in action!

Veskgar
November 16th, 2006, 00:45
This is great! Remember a couple days ago when we were all talking about the slowdown in the PSP scene. Well, today should be a reminder that the PSP homebrew scene is hardly at a standstill and will continue to thrive for a LONG LONG time.

Fanjita & Ditlew have been iconic in the scene and this release shows their die hard work ethic and generosity.

Thanks Fanjita & Ditlew. Always opening the door for more and more people.

-=me=-
November 16th, 2006, 00:47
2.8 se? i dont think it would be that hard to port 2.71 se to this now that there is an eloader.....
i'm no hacker though.....

XpspX
November 16th, 2006, 00:48
HOLY HELL! i knew god loved me and my 2.8ness :)

kando
November 16th, 2006, 00:50
btw fyi all this has no chance of bricking as it does not write anything to flash :)

carlitx
November 16th, 2006, 00:51
I Love U!!!!

carlitx
November 16th, 2006, 00:52
ok srry for double posting but wtf man i went into my gta (unpatched) and it wont work!

Destroyer699
November 16th, 2006, 00:53
Truly amazing. And to think just a few days ago I thought homebrew was slowing down. Too bad I recently upgraded to 2.81...

mavsman4457
November 16th, 2006, 01:17

what i meant was if fanjita,dark_alex or anyone else are gonna look for new ways to run homebrew on 2.81

People are always looking for exploits on every firmware. Proof of this can be found because after the 2.71 downgrader came out and it was working perfectly, a new 2.01 downgrader came out. Not necessary, but it still comes out, see my point? Any firmware that is released is being hacked. That's a fact.

Nookadum
November 16th, 2006, 01:35
This is great to hear for those stuck on 2.80! :D It's great to hear that Fanjita and the others are working hard now!

As for now, hopefully DAX/Booster will find a way to emulate 2.80/2.81 in devHook...

TacticalBread
November 16th, 2006, 01:40
This is great to hear for those stuck on 2.80! :D It's great to hear that Fanjita and the others are working hard now!

As for now, hopefully DAX/Booster will find a way to emulate 2.80/2.81 in devHook...

Booster hasn't released anything in quite a while. Not since Sony bitched at him. Has anyone heard from him, or know if he has a website or anything?

mavsman4457
November 16th, 2006, 01:50
Booster hasn't released anything in quite a while. Not since Sony bitched at him. Has anyone heard from him, or know if he has a website or anything?

Harleyg posted on QJ that he has a working beta for 2.82 devhooked. Search for it since I'm too lazy.

aries2k4
November 16th, 2006, 01:53
Wow, this came out of nowhere. Good news for 2.8 users.
Great work Noobz!

kando
November 16th, 2006, 01:56
i've already found 1 kernal mode homebrew that DOES run on this loader...

mvspsp 1.0 kernal mode :)

Emeriastone
November 16th, 2006, 02:16
HOORAY!! Perhaps it is now time to purchase a newer PSP so I won't be tempted to upgrade my baby.

I plan on psp ps3 togetherness-holdhands whatever-ness gay marriage so maybe it's time for a new psp.

pt9087
November 16th, 2006, 02:23
LOL! Bang, i had no idea this was gonna be the day, maybe a dawngrader will be possible after all, hope i see this DD soon, Good Work Lads. PSPete gives a pat on the back. xxx

nin_deftone
November 16th, 2006, 02:24
I do hope that they can crack 2.81!

ICE
November 16th, 2006, 02:33
downgrater soon maybe??? wait that needs kernal..... hmmmm......

SnesR0X
November 16th, 2006, 02:33
this is a very good sign, next stop is for 2.81:)

kando
November 16th, 2006, 02:38
ok srry for double posting but wtf man i went into my gta (unpatched) and it wont work!

that still only works on 2.60 and under :(

and btw, i tried using PSPFiler and going into hacker mode...even though it tries to delete and add files to and from flash0, nothing happens....its directly blocked :(

kando
November 16th, 2006, 02:43
has anyone had any success running this eloader or any other eloader on 2.71 SE?

Stinger_{Dark_Chaos}
November 16th, 2006, 03:30
Thank Gawd!!!! many people had thought about 2.80 not being able to do anything basically and we havent heard about 2.80 news in a long time and this has to be tha greatest news EVER!!! finally a freakin eloader!!! well Xloader actually well i will to thank Fanjita and Ditlew they made all of us very happy and i hope soon they will come up (OUT OF NOWHERE!!!) a Downgrader to 1.5 lol!!!

Kvonx
November 16th, 2006, 04:47
tears of joy will b coming from my
friend :rolleyes:

zidanerick
November 16th, 2006, 05:29
tears of joy are coming from me, i am happy that i can finally use my psp for my GBA games as well now

Heero808
November 16th, 2006, 05:58
Awesome Better tell my friend with a 2.8 to not upgrade before its to late

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 16th, 2006, 08:08
2.8 se? i dont think it would be that hard to port 2.71 se to this now that there is an eloader.....
i'm no hacker though.....

Mmm is there kernal mode access on 2.80 though ?.

blackrave
November 16th, 2006, 08:09
This is fantastic for 2.80 users! Now they are on the way to using homebrew as well. The Noobz team is really good. Thanks!
I won't ever use this, though, since I have 2.71 SE.

Mmm is there kernal mode access on 2.80 though ?.

No, there isn't, only user-mode access. What does this mean, though, apart from that no flashing can be done?

steve-b
November 16th, 2006, 08:49
surely there must be kernal access somewhere. I assume the next official upgrader somehow writes to the flash. I guess the trick is to find out how that does it.

snkrock25
November 16th, 2006, 09:02
funny this is posted with the 3.00 firmware still some times away, give sony enough time to patch whatever was just exploited.

but nonetheless thanks, im a happy 1.5 user but given that a new exploit was found, i would think waiting until after 3.0 is released would have been a great idea. this way users who upgrade to enjoy sony's PS1 emulator, they may still have a chance to run legal homebrew.

Baboon
November 16th, 2006, 09:26
The legends that are Fanjita and Ditlew have done it again! :)

This is fantastic news... homebrew for all!

kando
November 16th, 2006, 10:06
No, there isn't, only user-mode access. What does this mean, though, apart from that no flashing can be done?

wrong, there is kernal mode in 2.80.

Details of Kernel Mode Support:
-------------------------------

In eloader 0.9.9.5 it is possible to make use of kernel mode
using "constructor" procs, this therefore gives the ability to
patch kernel memory before the user mode thread starts (in the
same way that firmware v1.5 can)

The main thing that you can not do at the moment is start a new
thread in kernel mode.

also

funny this is posted with the 3.00 firmware still some times away, give sony enough time to patch whatever was just exploited.

it was already patched in 2.81 :)

pspwog
November 16th, 2006, 10:32
does it work on 2.82

Nookadum
November 16th, 2006, 10:54
does it work on 2.82

Sadly, no. :(

Panini
November 16th, 2006, 11:07
My friend has a 2.6 (that he's to chicken shit to downgrade), Would this new eloader work on his machine?

He doesnt own gta so this would be ideal seeing as you can launch homwbrew direct from the xmb.

kieso
November 16th, 2006, 11:08
Thanks a bunch! I tested it real quick with PSPGenesis .17 and Tecmo Super Bowl 3 and everything ran great!!!

Fanjita
November 16th, 2006, 14:07
A few notes:

The release is by Noobz, which is a much bigger team than just me and Ditlew these days.

It works on any firmware from 2.0 - 2.80, and not 2.81 or later. You no longer need GTA for homebrew.

Comments on some specific points:

We've been working hard for months on this. Just because you don't hear much from a dev for a while, doesn't mean they're not slaving away to make your PSP a better place...

Already done, there's a beta, but it still needs some work, and so far there is no need for it, so I suspect Booster has been playing the waiting game rather than giving Sony more ammunition.

See above, just cos you haven't heard anything, doesn't mean he's not active. AFAIK Booster only speaks Japanese, so knowing his website probably wouldn't help you a lot.

and btw, i tried using PSPFiler and going into hacker mode...even though it tries to delete and add files to and from flash0, nothing happens....its directly blocked :(

Not blocked by eLoader, but blocked by the firmware. 2.80 has no known way to write unauthorised material to flash0 at this time.

but nonetheless thanks, im a happy 1.5 user but given that a new exploit was found, i would think waiting until after 3.0 is released would have been a great idea. this way users who upgrade to enjoy sony's PS1 emulator, they may still have a chance to run legal homebrew.

We're not stupid, there's nothing new in the line of exploits here that would have any bearing on 3.0. It's just a development of the existing exploits, which has taken months to bring to full fruition. Bear that in mind for the future, BTW - each subsequent firmware takes longer and longer to develop a loader for... So upgrading is bad, m'kay?

wrong, there is kernal mode in 2.80.

Nope. Just user mode access at this time. Everything you see in eLoader and xLoader on 2.80 was achieved from user mode.

(The comments in the readme about kernel mode only apply to kernel-capable firmwares, i.e. 2.50 - 2.71).

TacticalBread
November 16th, 2006, 14:57
Thanks for the news about Booster, Fanjita. I just hope once the next DevHook is released, Sony doesn't shut him down.

carpy
November 16th, 2006, 15:14
Will the XLoader for 2.71 have Kernel access?

Currently, the HEN-C can only run certain user-mode homebrew direct from the XMB in 2.71. Of course you can devhook down to 1.50 also on HEN-C, but it would be nice if we could eliminate that necessity.

stimo
November 16th, 2006, 15:39
hi.. do any iso app work??

Cloudhunter
November 16th, 2006, 15:54
Will the XLoader for 2.71 have Kernel access?

Currently, the HEN-C can only run certain user-mode homebrew direct from the XMB in 2.71. Of course you can devhook down to 1.50 also on HEN-C, but it would be nice if we could eliminate that necessity.

No, not yet. I imagine when it is supported though it will :)

hi.. do any iso app work??

You should know better than to ask that.

Cloudy

starman
November 16th, 2006, 15:54
i downloaded this and it was working fantasticly but now it has decided to stop and just crash.... wtf? odes anyone have any idea how to help me?

splodger15
November 16th, 2006, 16:24
This is very good news for 2.80 users

Cloudhunter
November 16th, 2006, 16:33
Try reinstalling it.

Cloudy

Boardman2411
November 16th, 2006, 16:35
i hope that a way to use the xloader is made for all firmware versions

Project.funky
November 16th, 2006, 16:36
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! how do i create a eboot from my games?

hakibou24
November 16th, 2006, 16:56
yeah, almost all firmwares hacked. Your the best Janjita

Project.funky
November 16th, 2006, 17:18
Yeah I didn't think i was a noob because iv only ever had a 2.8, but :( i am, wheres all the cool stuff i can use with this?

buildit92
November 16th, 2006, 18:34
its works. i did it last night. i have SMH (super miny halo) chess3d, maze generator.they all work the ones i tryed. but i had trouble with and n64 and snes emulator. and today im going to put on halo zero, psp ddr, quake one two and multiplayer, and doom 1 and 2. thanks alot noobz.eu. we all cant wait to see what happen nexts.

danz007
November 16th, 2006, 18:44
yh dats great for all those people wid firmware 2.8 but i cant use it cuz mine 2.81

kando
November 16th, 2006, 19:20
thanks for the correction, Fanjita =)

always nice to hear from one of the dev's of a project directly...makes things more official :D

you and team noobz keep up the great work! :D

Gold Line
November 16th, 2006, 19:51
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS
homebrew on my 2.80 i will never upgrade and leave homebrew again :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

red_sox32
November 16th, 2006, 20:38
Is there any bricking risk(writing to flash) when installing the Tiff version and the installotron?

kmp2253
November 16th, 2006, 20:45
well thisk sucks i HAD a 2.8 psp

Project.funky
November 16th, 2006, 20:54
Is there any bricking risk(writing to flash) when installing the Tiff version and the installotron?

If your on 2.8 i think there is no chance of bricking becuase you don't write to flash on 2.8

Gold Line
November 16th, 2006, 20:56

i went to use xloader and it crashed on me i took the bat out put it back in and turnd the power back on and a blue screen came on saying a problm has encurd bla bla bla and it restord sistem settings i craped my self and thought it bricked

ps-dose anyone know a working gbc emu for xloader 2.80

buildit92
November 16th, 2006, 21:10
you can run luaplayer on it. i just tested it out. also you can run doom on it.

Chackan
November 16th, 2006, 21:15
Hummm, can't use it :S
Tutorial please? :P

buildit92
November 16th, 2006, 21:55
did u install it and run the tiff program.

Gold Line
November 16th, 2006, 22:07
working list
nesterj 1.11
snes9xtyl 0.4.2
daedalus R8
gpsp 08
super mario war
pspgb

LilSwish722
November 16th, 2006, 22:49
NO WAY... now i can actually get my Non TA-082 PSP back. and play homebrew

blackrave
November 16th, 2006, 23:32
This program is used to patch the EBOOT files to make them compatable with firmware 2.80. This application goes through all of the applications installed in MS0:/PSP/GAME/ and patches them so that they will start with xLoader.

This was a tool that we used during testing and we thought it would be useful to users, the source is provided as well so that if anyone wants to build this into an nice application, you can do.

It will presumably also work for making homebrew compatible with Dark Alex's HEN C, although we haven't tested that to confirm it.

Source is included in case anyone wants to extend it and make it prettier.

I've attached the tool for download.

Also, here is a small compatibility list for firmware 2.80 (thanks to QJ):
- Daedalus R8
- SNES9x TYL v0.4.2 ME
- Squarez v0.8.1
- FileAssistant++
- SuperTux
- PSP Revolution v0.1
- PiMPStreamer v0.62
- PSPRadio v0.38.12 - Static

Tetris999
November 17th, 2006, 00:21
Sheewweet good news for the 2.8 but then again not for ppl who got a psp recently :p :(

Darkpaladin
November 17th, 2006, 00:24
Just to say, ive been testing various eboots and like 95% of them seem to work with this eloader, its great :D

buildit92
November 17th, 2006, 00:42
you can play the lastest version of deudliuos (n64 emulator) on the psp using the eloader.

kill-the-bunny
November 17th, 2006, 03:21
its not working i have 2.8¤ but all 1¤ of the games dont work like doom and quake. Y

Zargon
November 17th, 2006, 03:22
It tells me that it can't find the ELF file. Can someone help me with this one? Also, does using the patch tool make it so using the GTA exploit won't recognize or properly play the files?

EDIT:Oh, only uses 1.0 EBOOTS... can someone help me find a program that undoes KXPLOITing?

eugenemcardle
November 17th, 2006, 04:00

[QUOTE=kando;276851]the exploit used in this was patched in 2.81 unfortunatly, so i doubt it :(

at least until a new exploit is found.

Errr, seems I heard this before: ie there is no way 2.80 will ever have HB.

Moral of story: Never say never.
Good work and kudos Fanjita and crew.

Gold Line
November 17th, 2006, 08:36
iam useing this 2.80 eloader and i have gpsp 08 with the pokemon emerald rom and the rom will not play.back when i had a eloader for 2.60 it worked fine why is this

starman
November 17th, 2006, 09:17
Try reinstalling it.

Cloudy

i have and still no success. i have a 2.6. i have tried a hell of a lot to fix it but......nothin

mattey101
November 17th, 2006, 11:57
if there anymore 2.8 hacks like this i might upgrade lol but we all gonna be screwed when 3.0 is out, because if that doesnt get hacked there would be no new games 4 homebrew users :( (as in UMD games)

Axelius
November 17th, 2006, 12:44
Yahoo, at least. No I can play homebrew on my 2.80!!?? I've hoped for that so long *sniff*

froggie22
November 17th, 2006, 15:30
can u load an overclocking module using this eloader so that i can run my 2.80 at 333?

kristneder
November 17th, 2006, 16:26
can u load an overclocking module using this eloader so that i can run my 2.80 at 333?

When you load up the eloader, you can use the L and R buttens to change the cpu speed. I think =)

How and where do I get the WAD files (?) for Doom? They aren't included when I download the rest of the files.

Oh, yes, and how do I install Quake and Heretic, and games like that!

And one last question. Howcome can't I use the Install o tron, It just keeps connecting! (I have wireless access normally =S)

Baboon
November 17th, 2006, 16:32
How and where do I get the WAD files (?) for Doom? They aren't included when I download the rest of the files.
)

Check the PSP modders section on this site, theres links/downloads to some good half life wads. :thumbup:

potatoman
November 17th, 2006, 16:40
OMG! i am soooooo happy and sooooo pissed!
if thist came about 2 weeks ago i wouldve saved myself 189 pounds! >=S
oh well, now i have 2 psp's, BOTH with homebrew!
And i'm finally a rookie, YAY!

XArt
November 17th, 2006, 20:05
Hi all, please download from the offical site

XArt's Tetris 1.0 (http://www.xart.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/downloads/homebrew/Tetris%20for%20PSP.sit)

You can also download other XFN file from the website www.xart.co.uk (http://www.xart.co.uk/downloads.html)

XFN is an Xart Font File Format

Previous 1.1.x Tetris game uses old tetris code with XArt added code for improved graphics & sound
No longer developed, superseeded by New Tetris v1.0

Tetris 1.0 is developed by XArt Software only.

Tetris 1.1 is still being developed and will be known as Tetris 3D (tetris 1.1)
as this will be using TIFF images instead of bmp and have a 3D field

it will be for data.bin first, then followed by eboot.pbp

I_hate_firmware
November 17th, 2006, 20:48
This is pretty sweet. Nice Job Noobz! Wooooghooo!haha

froggie22
November 18th, 2006, 01:48
Check the PSP modders section on this site, theres links/downloads to some good half life wads. :thumbup:

were is the psp modders section??

kieso
November 18th, 2006, 05:08
its not working i have 2.8¤ but all 1¤ of the games dont work like doom and quake. Y

they do work, I got doom to work. I think you have to use the 1.0 version of games and sometimes rearrange the files. to many folders will mess it up.

kieso
November 18th, 2006, 05:09
i used the PSPGensis emulator and overclocking is available on that at 333.

archangel1024
November 18th, 2006, 06:49
i can finnally introduce my friends to HOMEBREW!!! OWNAGE!

mecky
November 19th, 2006, 08:27
hey ppl- my first post here :)

great work with the eLoader- i've been on 2.8 for a while unfortunately, but now i've seen the light of homebrew :D

DosuKinuta
November 21st, 2006, 13:31
Will this brick my PSP

S-D
November 21st, 2006, 20:44
Wow! This is great, I can't believe I haven't seen this till now. Great Job Noobz.

Project.funky
November 22nd, 2006, 19:25
Will this brick my PSP

If you have version 2.8 psp then no there 0% chance of it,

jspec
November 27th, 2006, 13:33
Help please!

I am using a 2.80 PSP, with 0.995 eLoader. I am running snes9x latest version.
Everytime I try to exit the emulator, my PSP freezes. What am I doing wrong?
I'm using the method where I have the eLoader photos in my photo file, and it auto loads when I go to them. Would loading eLoader another way help me get around this issue?

I go to exit, it says O to confirm, and it freezes everytime I press it.
Any insight would be great! Thanks

dejkirkby
November 27th, 2006, 14:03
Not being an eLoader user anymore, I'm educated guessing. I think it's because you are exiting a program (eLoader) that is running another program (Snes9xTYL). It seems to be giving the PSP too much to do at once and it hangs.

s15240drifter
November 27th, 2006, 21:23
can ne1 help me out with putting doom and quake on my psp. i hade it on but it said the wad file couldnot be found. where can i find this file at.

xela
December 23rd, 2006, 04:46
i dont know why and i hope i dont sound like a noob but why does the instalotron kind of work on 2.81 when you go to the saved game area please contact me via [email protected] becuase i might not remember about this post.

Thank You,
xela

seabookspsp
April 11th, 2007, 15:02
whats the password?