PDA

View Full Version : PRX Loader for 2.71 SE

wraggster
November 16th, 2006, 00:15
New release from eiffel56 (http://www.portable-news.de/forums/viewtopic.php?p=17462), heres the translated details:

With this program it concerns the PRX Loader for firmware 2,71 SE. PRX files are modules, which can be reloaded in the enterprise. The users of the Custom firmware know that perhaps still. With it one could e.g. load the VSH Extender. I tested the whole extensively, before I mean PSP gebricked have. And it functioned marvelously. NO warranty, it uses nevertheless on OWN DANGER!!!

Installation:
Unpacked simply contents of the file MS_ROOT on your MEMORY stick. If you start your 1,50 Homebrews out instead of from GAME150 from GAME, must you still change.
Afterwards you start simply the Installer. Load before your Akku enough and make the load cable drann. The installation goes fast and simply. The Installer can unflashen the whole then also again.

Use:
As the first time must configure to it the whole. That is accurately alike everything as in the Custom firmware. That comes therefore which I Dark_Alex config parsing routine uses ^^.
Best take you to test the VSH Extender for the Custom firmware. There is ne config thereby. Those config must in /PSP/SYSTEM.

If go you are settled on your network update Icon. The part is from now on the PRX Loader. Waits briefly and the PRX should be loaded.

Much fun!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

- any german dcemu members who want to post a better translation then please do :)

scarph
November 16th, 2006, 00:19
good news
please get AIOMOD.prx on there somehow
i neeeeed it

kando
November 16th, 2006, 00:25
this works pretty well...was able to load up devhook mod prx's without being in devhook :)

Destroyer699
November 16th, 2006, 01:22
I cant seen to get it to work. Kando, how did you set up your config file?

joesnose
November 16th, 2006, 01:36
good news
please get AIOMOD.prx on there somehow
i neeeeed it

this loads AIMOD apparently

i installed and deinstalled this already, deistallation was scary, it just said flashing and stuck like that, rebooted in the end. was fine.

Also i read that if you put prx that rely on kernal access it can semibrick, you can still access recovery console.

kando
November 16th, 2006, 01:59
I cant seen to get it to work. Kando, how did you set up your config file?

just like dark_alex's 1.50 POC firmware...

loadmodule0 = "ms0:/PSP/SYSTEM/vshex.prx"
loadmodule1 = xxxx...

scarph
November 16th, 2006, 02:06
someone post a zip of how to install aiomod im not good with this stuff

Thanks

CUWhenUGetThere
November 16th, 2006, 03:38
here's the translation:

This program is a PRX loader for the SE Custom Firmware. PRX files are modules that can be loaded during runtime. Users of the Custom firmware are probably allready familiar with those. For example, you could load VSH Extender. I have tested the whole thing extensively before I bricked my psp (the way he wrote it i'm assuming a different program did that). It worked wonderful. USE AT OWN RISK

Installation:
Unpack the contents of the MP_ROOT folder to the root of your memory stick. Make sure the battery is "full enough" and plug in the AC cable. Simply run the Installer after that, The installation is fast and easy. The installer can also undo the installation.

Use:
First you need to configure it. This is exactly the same as the Custom Firmware. That's because I used Dark_Alex's config parsing routine. It's probably best to use the VSH Extender for testing purposes as it comes with a config file. The config file goes into the PSP/SYSTEM folder

Once that is done, go to NETWORK UPDATE. This will from now on be the PRX loader. Wait shortly and the PRX should be loaded.

Have Fun!

Buglist:
-Sometimes the config file won't be accepted. The config parsing module is a little buggy. It's best to use the VSH Extender config file and change it to fit your need.
-Not all PRX work. I have successfully tested with VSH Extender and AIOMOD2.

Destroyer699
November 16th, 2006, 05:04
Does anyone have the VSH Extender config file?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 16th, 2006, 08:13
LOL good work but talk about pidgeon english translation.

kando
November 16th, 2006, 10:08
put this in /psp/system/

Vibestar
November 16th, 2006, 18:56
can this be done with every prx. Can't get the gta cheats to load and also the mp3 isn't working.
I did disabled my update icon with x flash maybe that's the problem.

joesnose
November 16th, 2006, 19:51
can this be done with every prx. Can't get the gta cheats to load and also the mp3 isn't working.
I did disabled my update icon with x flash maybe that's the problem.

i think my update was disabled, i was able to run mp3 prx in xmb but not in game and also i couldnt get cheatdevice.prx to work, i think its because it runs in user mode and when a game is started it all dissapears!

kando
November 16th, 2006, 20:53
i think my update was disabled, i was able to run mp3 prx in xmb but not in game and also i couldnt get cheatdevice.prx to work, i think its because it runs in user mode and when a game is started it all dissapears!

no, its because once u start a game, all the prx's are unloaded and it reloads the prx's that are listed in pspbtcnf_game.txt.

this prx loader is only installed in pspbtcnf.txt and will only work in the xmb :(

anyways, hope that clears some things up :)

scarph
November 17th, 2006, 00:38
kando is that for aio mod

kando
November 17th, 2006, 04:57
arent u the 12 year old who made a stupid comment about my tip earlier that it was a bricker?

find out how to work ur own aio mod, i have too many other people who appreciate my help to help rather than an unthankful kid.

sorry, u lost my tech privilege's a long time ago, djk.

meanguns
November 17th, 2006, 06:05
On another note toady I found out the Display models of the PS3 set up in stores have been freezing after about 45 minutes. Imagine that? The PS3's are having problems before they are even sold. This comes from the big retail giant gamestop who reported to their managers that these may freeze and it's a common problem the PS3 is having. Guess we will see once everyone gets them home tomorrow.

Sony you suck for beta testing your stuff on the public!

:mad:

kando
November 17th, 2006, 06:12
On another note toady I found out the Display models of the PS3 set up in stores have been freezing after about 45 minutes. Imagine that? The PS3's are having problems before they are even sold. This comes from the big retail giant gamestop who reported to their managers that these may freeze and it's a common problem the PS3 is having. Guess we will see once everyone gets them home tomorrow.

Sony you suck for beta testing your stuff on the public!

:mad:

even the most advanced cell phone will lock up on u if u leave it running long enough...EVERYTHING needs to be restarted every once in a while. although software/firmware updates can reduce the amount of times it must be done.

/shrug sounds pretty normal to me :)

N O T H I N G is perfect :D