PDA

View Full Version : Tiff tomtomtom Tetris

wraggster
November 16th, 2006, 00:19
tomtomtom has released and updated several times a Tetris game made for the Tiff Exploit, full details of all the releases over at the release thread here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40380

scarph
November 16th, 2006, 03:33
i suppose since everyone uses the tiff exploit this is useful.....

isnt tetris copyrighted
how does everyone make their own version

mnuhaily22
November 16th, 2006, 08:01
This has been out for such a long time now, but this is my favorite homebrew game ever, even check my sig.

splodger15
November 16th, 2006, 16:23
Tomtomtom you should consider doing a new game

Cloudhunter
November 16th, 2006, 16:36
i suppose since everyone uses the tiff exploit this is useful.....

isnt tetris copyrighted
how does everyone make their own version

They code it themselves... And you can run it even in 1.5 by using devhook. I don't think anyone will sue for someone using the name Tetris...

Cloudy

mnuhaily22
November 17th, 2006, 06:59
Tomtomtom you should consider doing a new game
This is one hell of a game, so idf he makes another one, maybe even better???

They code it themselves... And you can run it even in 1.5 by using devhook. I don't think anyone will sue for someone using the name Tetris...

Cloudy
True, you can't just sue cause you called something tetris, maybe a guys name is tetris:confused: ???

Cap'n 1time
November 17th, 2006, 07:25
True, you can't just sue cause you called something tetris, maybe a guys name is tetris:confused: ???

DUDE! I am so going to name my kid Tetris. :thumbup:

XArt
November 17th, 2006, 19:31
XArt has released and updated several times a Tetris game made for the Tiff Exploit

http://www.xart.co.uk/images/sig.jpg

From the maker of Tetris with "Song" XArt gives developers DAS
Tetris v1.1.x "Based on Noobz Tetris 1.1 enhanced by XArt"
Tetris 1.0.x New by XArt

XArt's Tetris 1.0 (http://www.xart.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/downloads/homebrew/Tetris%20for%20PSP.sit)

You can also download other XFN file from the website www.xart.co.uk (http://www.xart.co.uk/downloads.html)

XFN is an Xart Font File Format

Tetris 1.0 is developed by XArt Software only.

Tetris 1.1 is still being developed and will be known as Tetris 3D (tetris 1.1)
as this will be using TIFF images instead of bmp and have a 3D field

dipswitch
November 17th, 2006, 21:08
How am I supposed to extract a .sit file without buying or installing new software.

Whats wrong with zip or rar?

XArt
November 17th, 2006, 21:12
sit is more widerly used and keeps the files intacted for os x.

sit also compreses better and you don't need to buy it the extracter part is free and will support all formats, so you only need stuffit and you can extract any type of compressed file.

it is why the industry uses stuffit, it has been out for years even when windows didn't have built in zip and could only read from floppys

for Windows user you need to get out of these old habits of using zip & winrar

use one app for all

dipswitch
November 17th, 2006, 21:36
I don't care about the history of the format and this isn't a mac > pc thread.

Industry standard? Yeah okay. Have you tried to download the "Stuffit Expander" what a pain in the ass. And the standard version is 14mb??? An you have to pay for the version to actually compress files? No thanks. Winrar works just fine for me.

For anyone looking for stuffit, here it is on download.com, with a 2 star user rating.
http://www.download.com/StuffIt-Standard-Edition/3000-2250_4-10418322.html?tag=lst-0-1

XArt
November 17th, 2006, 22:24
I will be releasing a update of my Tetris game that you have all been enjoying playing, just to improve a few things, like reduce the amount of memory it takes.

will be provided in zip format

allways download from the offical xart website to get the latest version

XArt
November 19th, 2006, 14:12
The current version of my Tetris is 1.0.4.1

Older versions are as followed

v1.1.x Original Noobz tetris improved by XArt

XArt Software

v1.0 BETA 1 "Preview" had a minor flaw and could semi brick your PSP, could.
To identify it, just look at the border of the field it has gaps every four squares up and has 3D next blocks come in from side

v1.0 A all new tetris "cleaner look no gaps on the field border"

v1.0.x fixes a few bugs.
v1.0.4.1 fixes a very small bug that dosn't show up to the user but has one anyway.

v1.0.4.1 is identofyed by the semi black strip along the bottom of the start screen with Written by XArt in it.

v1.0.5 will have encrypted graphics and sound.
The encryption is based on DAS, Data Array Scrambling
WISE images will use DAS System

WISE images are any BMP,TIFF,XIM etc image file where the actual image source is encrypted to protect artist work from others.

Whole Image Source Encrypted

You can still customize the game by including your own external files

Appleseed629
November 30th, 2006, 05:02
Tetris has been coded by XArt, and XArt ONLY!!! tomtomtom is a fraud and has stolen XArt's work. This is a real shame.

turkeyowens
November 30th, 2006, 05:07
WTF?!?! That game is XArt's! Hes a homebrew stealer, I have been playing this game since it was released by XArt a long time ago, I dont think you want a homebre w stealer on your forums.

pspgamer81
November 30th, 2006, 05:10
Yea, This is not his game, Homebrew stealer!