PDA

View Full Version : Sony software upgrades to fix PlayStation glitches

wraggster
November 16th, 2006, 21:59
Sony Corp. said on Wednesday that online software upgrades to its new video game console, the PlayStation 3, will fix glitches that make some older PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games not run properly on the PS3.

Kaz Hirai, president and chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, told Reuters that more than 8,000 PS2 games will play on the PS3, and that so-called "firmware" upgrades will address problems found with about 200 games since sales of the PS3 started last week in Japan.

"We are aiming for perfect compatibility. Our goal is 100 percent compatibility," he said in an interview. "We are trying to get there as quickly as possible."

mavsman4457
November 17th, 2006, 02:36
It is obivous that this was coming. I hate when stupid people complain about the backwords compatibility issues. No matter which way you look at it, it's better than xbox.

briyan
November 17th, 2006, 21:29
It is obivous that this was coming. I hate when stupid people complain about the backwords compatibility issues. No matter which way you look at it, it's better than xbox.

yup you got that right. i currently have a 360 and i was kinda bummed out when i found out that Counterstrike is not compatible yet. this is about one of the games for the orig. XBOX i'd love to play on XBOX live on..

the PS3 on the other hand only has a about 200 non-playing old PS1 and PS2 games on it while the 360's ONLY has about 200 (maybe that's a exaggerating already) games that play on it..hmm..makes u wonder..