PDA

View Full Version : Lua Player?

carlitx
November 16th, 2006, 22:48
Ok some one help me please. I'm new to the non-TIFF homebrew scene and i was wondering what is the Lua player and can i use it no that i got the eLoader for 2.80FW?

michael_dack_2005
November 17th, 2006, 07:27
ok, download the latest LUa PLayer, but if that doesn't work, try lua player 0.16.

Lua Player will only play LUA games, download the games, open the lua player folder in the GAME folder on your psp, open APPLICATIONS, and place your LUA Game folder in there, it should look like this.

X:
-MP_ROOT
-DH
-PSP
--GAME
---Lua Player
----Applications
-----(your lua game here)

as i said above, you will know if the latest LUA player doesn't work, because the PSP will just freeze. If this happens, use Lua PLayer 0.16. I do not know much about Eloader, as it is a while since i used it, but last i knew 0.16 was the most stablr version.

carlitx
November 17th, 2006, 18:36
thnx alot man i realy ow ya one:) ok now how do i work it in the read me all there is, ias programing stuff and i got Star craft for it and i relay wanna play it. i know how to get in the games and such but how do i exit the games and the Lua plaer its self?

michael_dack_2005
November 17th, 2006, 20:16
in some LUA games, pressing start will return you to Lowser, (the file browser used to load LUA files), and i think it is HOME and YES to return to the Eloader, but as i said, it has been a long time since i have used LUA player, it should say in the README that came with LUA Player and/or the game you downloaded.

carlitx
November 17th, 2006, 22:16
ok thnx again now off to get some Lua player action on my PSP YAAAAAHOOO!

michael_dack_2005
November 18th, 2006, 11:19
oright, have fun, n if u eva want 2 start learnin LUA 4 the psp, check out PSP Programming (http://www.psp-programming.com/) and for the most basic of LUA codes, u can use the LUA Player for windows.

splodger15
November 18th, 2006, 11:25
or check out http://www.evilmana.com/tutorials/lua_tutorial_list.php

for lua tutorials

carlitx
November 18th, 2006, 22:18
haha kool stuff guys but i couldn't program my way out of a paper bag:( so i doubt ill try making any Lua stuff.