PDA

View Full Version : The Nes Guitar

wraggster
November 18th, 2006, 13:15
Music man XOC, also known as Jason Cox, responsible for arguably the best video game cover album of ALL TIME, has made the penultimate sacrifice. Okay, not even close. But he did turn his original NES—the one he's had since age ten!—into a functioning guitar.

Now if it still also worked as a functioning Nintendo Entertainment System, that'd be something. Something impossible.

Screens Via Comments

mad-brian
November 18th, 2006, 14:42
That looks great as I play guitar, is it for sale by any chance?

ikarimaru
November 18th, 2006, 16:31
Ha, I guarantee it sounds completely awful...

kcajblue
November 18th, 2006, 17:13
thats a scary looking knife thing.

Dave the Rave
November 18th, 2006, 18:27
Ha, I guarantee it sounds completely awful...

No worse than the Epiphone guitar the neck came off ;).

Yeah OK, I'm a guitar snob (looks lovingly at collection of Rickenbacker, Hofner & Gibson guitars :))

mr.oddball
November 19th, 2006, 07:10
classic...

josheat
November 19th, 2006, 12:46
Haha! thats cool.
Dont know how a plastic guitar would sound, but by the looks of the Epiphone he just gutted, maybe it might sound ok

Eyedunno
November 19th, 2006, 22:35
This seems like a really bad idea, unless some remnant of the body is buried inside the case. Not only would a plastic guitar sound bad, but I don't think the plastic case of the NES could stand up to the tension of the strings.

ICE
November 19th, 2006, 23:14
huh i cant imagine it sounding very good. wouldn't resonate well.......... made of plastic...

Vegetable
November 20th, 2006, 09:09
http://cache.kotaku.com/images/2006/06/segagenesitar.jpg

Superior.

deedark
November 20th, 2006, 12:39
wanna hear how would a plastic guitar sound? go to www.megadrivers.com.br and d/l the mp3's generated by the guy with the SEGA Guitar

...and, hey, Megadrivers is around for quite some time, unlike that nes dude

-> for US residents: "Mega Drive" is the japanese name (also used in other parts of the world) of what was known in US as "Sega Genesis".

archangel1024
November 24th, 2006, 14:51
welcome to DEAD LINK

it goes to some search thing