PDA

View Full Version : gpSP0.8 kai 2.4 for 2.80 (GBA Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
November 18th, 2006, 15:36
Tfact (http://www.tfact.jp/psp/wiki/) has released a binary of his Unnoficial Version of Exophases excellent GBA Emulator for the PSP.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

StealthCP
November 18th, 2006, 15:57
For 2.80? Now how did this happen? Or is it just designed for the new eLoader?

Ihavenolife
November 18th, 2006, 16:03
I expect this emulator to be much better than VBA PSP but I have had all sorts of trouble getting a BIOS file. Does this one still need one?

mnuhaily22
November 18th, 2006, 16:08
Good to hear, this is actually the only emulator I use when emulatin' 1.5, and it is fast+good games are out for GBA.

Project.funky
November 18th, 2006, 16:47
:\ i can't get any games to laod..just a blue screen then it dies..

danz007
November 18th, 2006, 17:14
which file do u put it in

LilSwish722
November 18th, 2006, 17:14
does this work through the new eloader or is a straight TIFF loading emu.

JKKDARK
November 18th, 2006, 17:16
Nice, another Unnoficial Version. This emulator is really great :)

Ichijoe
November 18th, 2006, 17:27
Does this version (or earlier), support >32Mb?!

Basil Zero
November 18th, 2006, 17:31
what exactly does this version do?

carlitx
November 18th, 2006, 17:35
Ok i got 1 question im sorry if this gives me a bad rep but i do have the game for my gba and all i want is it on my psp for this emu. so here goes, any1 have a working version of pokemon fire red that will work on this emu? or do i need different bios?

Vega
November 18th, 2006, 17:38
Ok i got 1 question im sorry if this gives me a bad rep but i do have the game for my gba and all i want is it on my psp for this emu. so here goes, any1 have a working version of pokemon fire red that will work on this emu? or do i need different bios?

Sorry, no rom requests .

carlitx
November 18th, 2006, 17:38
ok thnx anyways.

Roxas
November 18th, 2006, 18:46
So is emu working on a 2.8 or wat.

Cloudhunter
November 18th, 2006, 18:47
This should support 32MB+ roms, to refer to the earlier question.

Cloudy

Veskgar
November 18th, 2006, 18:55
Does this run any games that the official version cannot?

i.e. Scurge - The Hive

aTomIC
November 18th, 2006, 20:14
Ok, i tested it on my PSP 2.80 and it don't work. After installing gpSP on my MS and starting, the Sony PSP Start logo shows on my screen. After 20 sec., my psp powered out.
But, thanks god, it doesn't brick. My PSP runs well after power on :)

porchemasi
November 18th, 2006, 20:31
Nice, their is a lack of speed due to kernal support >:(

taggergunster
November 18th, 2006, 20:58
can someone pls instruct me on how to install this emulator ont my psp im new to the psp homebrew and emulation scene, pls help

Veskgar
November 18th, 2006, 21:43
can someone pls instruct me on how to install this emulator ont my psp im new to the psp homebrew and emulation scene, pls help
Welcome to the PSP homebrew scene friend. We need more details to better help you out. What firmware PSP are you using? Is it a TA-082 motherboard?

aTomIC
November 18th, 2006, 22:09
I'm very sorry. Now, thanks to pspFan for his information. I downloaded the eLoader 0.995 and installed it on my MS. After installing, i copied the gpsp to my MS and started the GBA emulator at the eloader menu. This emulator rocks :)

Big Thanks to the authors for his hard work :)

kristneder
November 18th, 2006, 22:19
I still can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong? - I found a gba_bios.bin file, and it still says that I need one =S.

Edit: 2.8 =)

Tonx_9
November 18th, 2006, 22:44
i hope this works im downloading now but does anyone know if it soppourts gbc or gb files too cause that would rock!!!!!

aTomIC
November 18th, 2006, 22:56
I still can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong? - I found a gba_bios.bin file, and it still says that I need one =S.

Edit: 2.8 =)

Download VisualBoy Advance, take your gba_bios.bin into the vba folder and start vba. Use the BIOS and start a game. If the emulator runs with the bios file, your bios file is correct.

Now, download gpsp and unzip it into your psp ms. copy the gba_bios.bin into the psp/game/gpSP folder (there must be the file eboot.psp, game_config.txt etc.). In this folder, you must copy the game roms, too. Start the eLoader 0.995 and choose gpsp. Have fun!

i hope this works im downloading now but does anyone know if it soppourts gbc or gb files too cause that would rock!!!!!No, it only supports gba files. No GB/GBC!

starman
November 18th, 2006, 23:23
does this work on 2.6 psp's?

ab88
November 19th, 2006, 09:12
Ok, i tested it on my PSP 2.80 and it don't work. After installing gpSP on my MS and starting, the Sony PSP Start logo shows on my screen. After 20 sec., my psp powered out.
But, thanks god, it doesn't brick. My PSP runs well after power on :)

Not possible to brick (completely) a 2.8 PSP :)

does this work on 2.6 psp's?

there are other versions for 2.6, if you want a PSP with more options and don't want to risk a brick, update to 2.71 and use devhook to emulate 1.5. Even if your PSP has a TA-082 mobo.

Does this version (or earlier), support >32Mb?!

The earlier version of this emu, and exophase's last version support 32Mb roms, but I doubt this version does due to limitations with how much memory user mode applications can use. however I am not very sure of it, the only way to find out is to give it a try.

SpooForBrains
November 19th, 2006, 11:01
Has anyone managed to get Another World working with any version of gpSP?

casparcas
November 19th, 2006, 11:33
[QUOTE=aTomIC;279049]Download VisualBoy Advance, take your gba_bios.bin into the vba folder and start vba. Use the BIOS and start a game. If the emulator runs with the bios file, your bios file is correct.

Now, download gpsp and unzip it into your psp ms. copy the gba_bios.bin into the psp/game/gpSP folder (there must be the file eboot.psp, game_config.txt etc.). In this folder, you must copy the game roms, too. Start the eLoader 0.995 and choose gpsp. Have fun! QUOTE]

I have a gba_bios.bin. I have put it in gpSp file but still i get. Sorry,but gpSp requires...:confused: .
What must i do can some pm me and give the file with gba_bios.bin. Thanks in advance

casparcas
November 19th, 2006, 11:34
Download VisualBoy Advance, take your gba_bios.bin into the vba folder and start vba. Use the BIOS and start a game. If the emulator runs with the bios file, your bios file is correct.

Now, download gpsp and unzip it into your psp ms. copy the gba_bios.bin into the psp/game/gpSP folder (there must be the file eboot.psp, game_config.txt etc.). In this folder, you must copy the game roms, too. Start the eLoader 0.995 and choose gpsp. Have fun!

I have a gba_bios.bin. I have put it in gpSp file but still i get. Sorry,but gpSp requires...:confused: .
What must i do can someone pm me and give the file with gba_bios.bin. Thanks in advance

Gold Line
November 19th, 2006, 12:37
this dose not let you play 16mg games when i try and start up pokemon emerald it just gives up and restarts the psp same with kingdom harts witch is 32mg

Vega
November 19th, 2006, 13:06
Has anyone managed to get Another World working with any version of gpSP?

Try the snes or genesis versions instead :)

aTomIC
November 19th, 2006, 14:21
Not possible to brick (completely) a 2.8 PSP :) Nice to hear that :) - i would not like to loose my baby ;)

What must i do can some pm me and give the file with gba_bios.bin. Thanks in advance
So, here is my MS, take a look.

http://www.emunews24.com/files/temp/gpsponmypsp.jpg

The gba_bios.bin must be in the gpSP not in gpSP% folder! I said, you can test your bios with visualboy advance. If vba starts with your bios, the file is correct. I made this and now, i can play Super Mario World, Parodius, Secret of Mana etc.:thumbup:

Yungblaqs
November 19th, 2006, 19:19
just in case no-one doesn't know, if your zippin' a gb@ game and the original file is not correct as in:

"12int-dd-ma@rio_advance"
the game will not function in the emu

but if corrected:
"m@rio advance"
and then zipped it'll work fine it's not just down to the bios......
(but then again i'm just a novice programmer)

casparcas
November 19th, 2006, 19:39
At last:)
I know what i did wrong the gba_bios.bin was still a BIOS:o . I changed it to bin a voila. It works:)
Thanks Atomic for help!
It starts up gpSp but the games don't want to start:(. What do i wrong?

green-machine
November 19th, 2006, 22:34
gpSP is my favorite emulator! A great BIG thanks to all involved in it's creation. The speed at which this is developing is extremely encouraging. I know most of the games are aimed at the 'young at heart' but this emulator has pretty much added an extra 1000 games (potentially!) to my PSP. woohoo!

aTomIC
November 19th, 2006, 22:50
At last:)
I know what i did wrong the gba_bios.bin was still a BIOS:o . I changed it to bin a voila. It works:)
Thanks Atomic for help!
It starts up gpSp but the games don't want to start:(. What do i wrong?
Create a folder (i recommend for cleaner looking) (ie: roms) in the gpSP folder and copy your favorite games into this folder. Start the eloader and choose gpSP. If you into the emulator menu, choose load game and select the roms folder. Now, the emulator shows avaible games (for choose a menu point, press circle). The game must be loading and starting (some games won't work; ie:Donkey Kong Country).

animeloyalist91
November 20th, 2006, 23:36
Hey aTomIC would u send me your gba_bios.bin or anyone else who sees this please!!!! If you can my email is [email protected] I really need them I have been looking everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cloudhunter
November 20th, 2006, 23:50
Asking for copyrighted material is not allowed here...

Cloudy

animeloyalist91
November 21st, 2006, 05:16
I have the gba_bios.bin thing. I put it in and it does not work stilllllll?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? What am I doing wrong

I will show u the gba_bios.bin

Name:gba_bios.bin
File: BIN file
opens with: Unknown application

Mario254
November 21st, 2006, 16:56
im haveing the same problem, i got the file entitled "GBA.BIOS" from searching google for "GBA BIOS.RAR" and i put it in the gpSP folder but it still is not working... can anyone help me out here?

PSMan62
November 21st, 2006, 19:08
u need to put it in the same folder as the EBOOT.PHP and a bunch of other files

November 21st, 2006, 22:38
I dont get how to do add this at all :( . Can someone please show me how to do this? Maybe with some reference pics

Mario254
November 22nd, 2006, 07:40
u need to put it in the same folder as the EBOOT.PHP and a bunch of other files yes, i put it in the folder with the EBOOT.PBP and the readme's and teh COPYING.DOC and such... is there a spicific name i have to give the bios? maybe a few refrence pic's would help as another poster had said

Mario254
November 22nd, 2006, 07:42
after looking at your post a second time, i not that u said the file was called PHP not PBP... i do not have a PHP file in the gpSP folders, neither the gpSP or the gpSP% folder... is there something im missing?

taggergunster
November 22nd, 2006, 15:23
TYVM on welcoming me i got a 2.80 PSP firmware and the motherboard isn't TA-082. I just love the idea of playing beyond PSP games on PSP hehe

taggergunster
November 22nd, 2006, 16:14
WOW i found out how to astually run this, but the problem is i start it up and a black screen with white letters tells me i need that gba_bios.bin file to run it. Can any1 pls tell me where i can get this or send it to me i would greatly appriciate it if u did. Pre-thanks :)

taggergunster
November 22nd, 2006, 17:19
WOW i found out how to astually run this, but the problem is i start it up and a black screen with white letters tells me i need that gba_bios.bin file to run it. Can any1 pls tell me where i can get this or send it to me i would greatly appriciate it if u did. Pre-thanks :)
you guys can ignore my last 2 messages i got it all but 1 things happening every time i try to run a roms the screen goes black and PSP powes off u guys have any idea wut im doing wrong at all if u can help me pls do TY!

PSMan62
November 23rd, 2006, 00:02
yes, i put it in the folder with the EBOOT.PBP and the readme's and teh COPYING.DOC and such... is there a spicific name i have to give the bios? maybe a few refrence pic's would help as another poster had said

o yeah
and you're supposed 2 name it

gba_bios.bin

then it should work

and 2 tagger, some ROMs dont work w/ gpsp yet

taggergunster
November 23rd, 2006, 01:51
o yeah

gba_bios.bin

then it should work

well see, NO roms work for me, thats wut makes me think im doing sumthing wrong, i checked the comp. lists and still no luck:( makes me a lil sad too

Mario254
November 24th, 2006, 12:28
o yeah

gba_bios.bin

then it should work

i renamed it and it still doesnt work v_v maybe i dont have the right bios? does anyone have a.i.m or msn that can help me out?

Mario254
November 24th, 2006, 12:29
o well maybe i should tell you whats happening, i go to stat gpsp and it showes the PSP white screen, then it just shuts off... im assumeing its the bios

Mario254
November 25th, 2006, 00:21
ok well, i tryed running VBA with the same bios and it worked with no problem... so whats the deal here?

Mario254
November 25th, 2006, 00:44
hmm... after looking at atomic's post, i see a few files in his gpSP folder taht arnt in mine, the gpsp.cfg file and the stderr.txt and the stdout.txt in mine i just have the bios the eboot.pbp the game_config.txt and like 3 read mes... i downloaded right from the 1's page here so whats up?

Mario254
November 25th, 2006, 00:45
whoops... sorry for all the posts, just trying to narrow it down for any help

Mario254
November 25th, 2006, 07:56
sorry for this post but its the last one... i finaly got it working :/ again im sorry about all the posts, was just trying to provid as much info as i could

Zin0099
December 3rd, 2006, 04:17
can't wait for gba emu to work on 3.01

wolfrainxd
December 3rd, 2006, 21:59
will this work on 2.71?

scottyboynow
December 18th, 2006, 15:05
[QUOTE=ab88;279285]Not possible to brick (completely) a 2.8 PSP :)

Cant' brick completly a 280 it can't brick anything

Sinista88
January 7th, 2007, 01:32
Dose it work for 2.82?

freshnerd
July 7th, 2007, 05:12
Can someone help,
i have version 2.8 and i have everything in the right places but when i go to load up gpSP it says i don't have the gba_bios.bin. i have it in the gpSP folder and it's the right one to my knowledge.

thanks in advance

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 06:07
use this (http://dl.qj.net/gpSP-0.9-1.0-EBOOT-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/11782/catid/122) version its better anyway and its less strict on which bios you have ( the version you have, you have to have the actual ripped bios )

freshnerd
July 8th, 2007, 18:13
hmm i tried that, but it still said that i need a bios...

freshnerd
July 11th, 2007, 05:56
any ideas as to why it won't work/solutions to fix this?

Exophase
July 11th, 2007, 17:12
any ideas as to why it won't work/solutions to fix this?

Bet you anything that you aren't actually naming the file "gba_bios.bin" but something like "gba_bios.bin.bin" and Windows is hiding the extension. Turn off extension hiding or rename it in a shell.

xg917
July 11th, 2007, 17:47
yayy is exo. wuts been going on man! long time no see eh, how have you been.

freshnerd
July 11th, 2007, 19:57
thanks exophase, that fixed that problem.
but now after i open up gpSP the screen goes black for a few seconds then the PSP powers off. any ideas? and thank you very much again

Ctown
August 19th, 2007, 19:51
Is a bios and gba rom (.gba) the same.

blackrave
August 19th, 2007, 19:58
No.

JKKDARK
August 19th, 2007, 20:01
Is a bios and gba rom (.gba) the same.

No. You need the bios file to run the GBA roms. The GBA roms are the dumped games.

preetyforu
January 6th, 2008, 17:46
Boycott it!!. I know Geoff Boycott, he's an English cricketer(Ex)

tghm1801
March 23rd, 2008, 04:27
Does anyone know where to get a regular bios? gpSP just says this is not a regular bios, and you may experience a variety of errors. I noticed :P. So does anyone know where to get a REGULAR GBA Bios?

JKKDARK
March 23rd, 2008, 05:01
Does anyone know where to get a regular bios? gpSP just says this is not a regular bios, and you may experience a variety of errors. I noticed :P. So does anyone know where to get a REGULAR GBA Bios?

Yes, it's on your Game Boy Advance system. You have to fump the bios from your Game Boy Advance. Search a guide on Google.

killatwist
May 10th, 2008, 10:29
hey where do i cpoy the folder to? can some one plzz hel me email me at [email protected] please i need so much help and i would love to play my gba games here like donkey kong etc.

cheespuf101
November 20th, 2008, 22:12
where can i get some games for it

caffeinekid
November 21st, 2008, 16:32
where can i get some games for it

Google.

Don't ask for pirate roms here please.