PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Trades PS3 for $7500 Computer

wraggster
November 18th, 2006, 21:39
Would you give up a PS3 for the rest of your life to win a $7500 computer? PC Gamer convinced one guy to do just that at the Sony Metreon in San Francisco.

After being offered a $7500 gaming rig complete with 30" LCD, former Sony fanboy Neil contractually signed off his right to ever own a PS3 console. Sure, he can still buy a Wii (and possibly go over to a friend's to play PS3), but you don't realize how much these new gadgets are intrinsically worth until someone offárs you a boatload of money to never own them. What do our faithful readers think? Would you take a deal to never own...let's say play...a PS3 for a certain amount of compensation?

More Info (http://www.pcgamer.com/archives/2006/11/111706_-_one_le.html)

kando
November 18th, 2006, 21:44
wtf i'd take that in a second..

gdf
November 18th, 2006, 21:45
dude thats tough, but considering id probly spend thousands of pounds on ps3 games and stuff, i would take the cash and save 2x the money!

Napalm-Death
November 18th, 2006, 21:48
Seeing as how it's a first generation PS3, I'd probably do it if it were me.

Mark30001
November 18th, 2006, 21:49
Sign off your right to never own a Playstation 3? How official is that?

The $7,500 PC sounds like a great deal to me! Try eBaying that! :D

Miria
November 18th, 2006, 21:52
LMAO i would love that computer.. Seeing as it can do more than the PS3..

kando
November 18th, 2006, 22:07
Sign off your right to never own a Playstation 3? How official is that?

Neil makes the right choice, and signs the contract. We'll be checking in on his several times a year to make sure he keeps his end of the deal.

hehe they're watching him...:P

JD/
November 18th, 2006, 22:07
Awesome deal but whats stopping the gamer from buying a ps3 anyway :confused: it's not like theres cameras in his house lol he could just hide it :p.

F9zDark
November 19th, 2006, 00:38
How is that an awesome deal? That 7500 gaming rig will be obsolete in probably 6 months. Granted it will play games well for 6 years probably; but to sign off your right to own a PS3 for LIFE?

No way. I bet that computer is very nice, probably totting Dual Core Duos, and Quad SLI, but still... Not to mention the computer gaming industry has been, quite shitty lately; only a handful of decent games coming out amidst the truck loads of shit.

Added:

Having seen the computer I must say that kid was really retarded. Those paintjobs they do cost 1000s of dollars. **** that...

Neil, you are officially, the most retarded human being on earth.