PDA

View Full Version : Which Version Wii Will You Buy and Why ?

wraggster
November 18th, 2006, 21:48
Foolish Nintendo and the bloody none region free Wii means that any true gamer has a real hard decision to make, that decision is to buy either a US, Japanese or Europearn Wii.

Which one will you Buy and Why ?

Me im paying for a US one and i hope to get it at a fairly decent price. Reason why, well in the long run ill save money on the cheaper games from the USA.

Mark30001
November 18th, 2006, 21:53
I'll buy the US version as soon as I get to test drive the one a friend of mine is currently waiting in line for. ;)

JKKDARK
November 18th, 2006, 22:00
European. Because I don't want to import it.

JD/
November 18th, 2006, 22:29
Isn't the wii region free im confused with your post wraggy :confused: I thought it was gonna be region free or have a free loader type thing.

Dee-Lite
November 19th, 2006, 00:06
sorry JD it ain't wiigion free. perrin Kaplan said it was in error, which is why I still hate her to this day, she's an embarassing speaker to nintendo- reminds me of the mum from Malcom in the middle "Aaaaallll" lol

I'm gettin Uk wii, but would have imported from states / Jp if it was region free oddly enough. My DS and DS Lite which are boh Jap, but I buy UK games for it mainly :)

Dee

Anger
November 19th, 2006, 02:55
you may have issues buying games through the vc from here as its regionalised.

Shadowblind
November 19th, 2006, 03:15
Probably a US Wii as I live in the, well, US :D

Im third preorder at FYE!

Video_freak
November 19th, 2006, 03:24
European. Because I don't want to import it.

American. Because I don't want to import it.

homebrew1973
November 19th, 2006, 10:51
No doubt some impatient people will import but it shouldn`t matter which one you have as Datel will almost certainly release Freeloader for it, perhaps even bundling it with the Action Replay as they`ve done with the GameCube version.

Dee-Lite
November 19th, 2006, 12:40
No doubt some impatient people will import but it shouldn`t matter which one you have as Datel will almost certainly release Freeloader for it, perhaps even bundling it with the Action Replay as they`ve done with the GameCube version.

Sure they will release sumthin that will allow you to play game discs. But main concern for us is the regionalized Wii-connect access and VC. Apparantly you can't connect to the American server if you are in UK for example...

Dee

JD/
November 19th, 2006, 13:08
omd that is some bs so I have to buy a euro wii to get on uk servers please datel make a free loader or somethimg fast!