PDA

View Full Version : e[mulator] v0.82f - Multi System Emulator for the PSP

wraggster
November 18th, 2006, 22:35
E (http://dev-e.sakura.ne.jp/) has released a new version of his Multi System Emulator for the PSP, heres the systems it covers:

Bandai Wonderswan
Atari Lynx
NEC PC Engine
SNK Neo Geo Pocket
Sega Master System
Sega Game Gear
Nintendo Gameboy
Famicom

Heres the amusing translation from Japanese to English:

(1) the number of scan lines from 159 was modified in 160 and compatibility improved.
  It is thought that speed has decreased with this correction.
(2) drawing acceleration processing it is in the midst of mounting.
(3) volume of sound was adjusted the beefsteak toe.

Yeah its crappy, but its a new emulator to try :)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Mew
November 18th, 2006, 22:52
I would love to see there snes and gba also... Otheriwse it's pretty useless for me!
But keep it up!! :)

mavsman4457
November 18th, 2006, 23:01
I am going to put this on my PSP as soon as I get it back. This is turning into a great program. Can't wait to try it out. Keep up the good work and add some more emulators. People have been waiting for an all in one emulator and this is gonna be the one.

wolfpack
November 19th, 2006, 00:30
*patiently waits for it to emulate pc engine cd*

Basil Zero
November 19th, 2006, 00:44
is the neo geo pocket part of the emu good?

Veskgar
November 19th, 2006, 02:41
This is a good Emulator but the last version had very poor PC Engine compatibility with a lot of the ROMS I tried.

And PC Engine rules so I hope the PC Engine part of this Emulator keeps getting better.

Understandable
November 19th, 2006, 02:41
Im waiting for the pc engine cd too:)

crypysmoker
November 19th, 2006, 02:57
ok.. Im normaly not stupid witht his kind of stuff...

But once extracted there are so many folder... I have placed the main folder into the game folder and no go.. just freezes.. I put just the emu part in there and same thing..

What am I doing wrong? i would really liek to get this going because its much better to have one that does so much then having 10 different emus

The King
November 19th, 2006, 03:46
cant wait until all platforms are on this so we culd truly have a one in all program

Shadowblind
November 19th, 2006, 03:50
Beefsteak toe...nice.

Cap'n 1time
November 19th, 2006, 05:53
I tested out metal slug pocket for ngp.. It runs perhaps a little better than monkey's emulator, but its quite jerky.

b8a
November 19th, 2006, 08:09
New e[mulator] release? Rock on!

Uggh, bad news though... From his page:

I've recently become busy with Dynamic recompiling and electronic engineering and starting a business and business trips so I'm taking a break with development.
I do plan on fixing emulator if I feel like it.
--------------------------------------------
What e has done
(1) PC-Engine
Implemented Super Graphx.
It's slightly faster.

(2) Major overhaul of the WonderSwan Emulator
Implemented sound emulation
Implemented speed increase through a pipeline stall in the CPU portion
Fixed the interrupt processing in the CPU portion
Concerning PC Engine CDROM2
Since I've lost the motivation I've stopped working on it.
Current Emulator Release
e[mulator] 0.82f for PSP
WonderSwan Portion
(1) Changed the scanline count from 159 to 160 and compatibility has improved.
It is thought that the speed will decrease with this fix.
(2) Am currently implementing processing to speed up drawing.
(3) Fiddled around with the sound volume.
Looks like a S/CD ROM emulator from e isn't coming anytime soon. I wonder how hard it would be to fix up the S/CD portion of Mednafen to work with the PSP?

Baboon
November 19th, 2006, 11:34
New e[mulator] release? Rock on!

Uggh, bad news though... From his page:

Looks like a S/CD ROM emulator from e isn't coming anytime soon. I wonder how hard it would be to fix up the S/CD portion of Mednafen to work with the PSP?

Ah, gutted. :(

This seems to be the only PC engine emu being worked on at the mo, but theres still no support for CD games. ...doh!

ACID
November 19th, 2006, 12:03

But once extracted there are so many folder... I have placed the main folder into the game folder and no go.. just freezes.. I put just the emu part in there and same thing..

What am I doing wrong? i would really liek to get this going because its much better to have one that does so much then having 10 different emus

You have to convert it to 1.50 and all the folders in it after.

uneekracer
November 19th, 2006, 12:55
no n64 ah phooey

kiariki
November 19th, 2006, 14:43
no n64 ah phooey

I'm still iffy on how anyone could truly enjoy playing the n64 on a PSP... Really strange control schemes when I tried out Daedulus (whatever)...

I'd like for the Wonderswan emulator to work... with sram... ... ...

but... ... >_> It looks like this is going to be another dead emu...

mavsman4457
November 19th, 2006, 15:42
Wether or not this is the emulator that does it, someone will make the ulitmate emulator and it will be a huge hit. Either someone else is also working on something like this, someone is going to take this project over, or someone is gonna take other emulators and make them into one program. If one of these happens I would be delighted. Or e could just magically find spare time and finish this up.

geise69
November 19th, 2006, 15:49
Ummm...why don't you guys try E's older HUE emulator? The 0.6 versions played pc-engine cd quite nicely. I believe the last two versions of HUE 0.7 and the last 0.6 beta did not play mp3's but the earlier 0.6 versions did. I finished Ys Book I&II with that emulator and also rocked out some Lords of Thunder. Now the mp3's I think played about a 1/2 a second slower than a real Duo but you had CD audio in all the games. Plus the games were full speed if the setting were on GPU instead of CPU. Try the older versions.

b8a
November 20th, 2006, 11:43
Ummm...why don't you guys try E's older HUE emulator?Ummm...Yes, we're all (well, at least I am, anyway) aware that there are playable S/CD emulators out there, but it's not an issue of it just being playable. I, for one, am waiting for a rock solid S/CD emulator. My PSP already plays all of my other old favorites (with a few exceptions) flawlessly, now I'm just looking for a S/CD emulator to deliver the same experience.

Baboon
November 20th, 2006, 12:01
Ummm...why don't you guys try E's older HUE emulator? The 0.6 versions played pc-engine cd quite nicely. I believe the last two versions of HUE 0.7 and the last 0.6 beta did not play mp3's but the earlier 0.6 versions did. I finished Ys Book I&II with that emulator and also rocked out some Lords of Thunder. Now the mp3's I think played about a 1/2 a second slower than a real Duo but you had CD audio in all the games. Plus the games were full speed if the setting were on GPU instead of CPU. Try the older versions.

Hue does kick ass! :thumbup:

I just wanted Strider to work well on my psp (including the mp3s).

Every other game I wanted to try worked pretty much spot on the last version of Hue (Drackula X, Rtype - complete cd etc) but I know Stirder required the Arcade Card and for some reason the last Hue doesnt seem to support that games mp3s??

I like this version of Strider cause each level had a cutscene with different art and voices than the arcade game, plus boss characters give short speeches, complete with portraits, before you kick there ass! All of the music has been remixed as MP3's, plus an exclusive end level that was exclusive to the PC Engine!

Dya know if this game was compatible with all Striders music on any previous versions of Hue?

I was really hope the new release of this e[mulator] would have sorted out these probs, but alas no... sigh. :(

mr_nick666
November 20th, 2006, 13:39
I would love to see there snes and gba also... Otheriwse it's pretty useless for me!
But keep it up!! :)

It has Famicom which IS SNES! :p Doh! ;)

Baboon
November 20th, 2006, 15:58
Famicon was nes, Super Famicom was the snes... I think??

craigdanbeaton
November 20th, 2006, 19:07
Famicon is what the NES is called in Japan. super famicon is SNES:thumbup:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 21st, 2006, 15:12
Done some icons and a background pic there not great lol but there here if anyone wants to write them to their emu using psp brew.

craigdanbeaton
November 21st, 2006, 19:24
Nice icons

pt9087
January 5th, 2007, 03:10
I dont think a PC to PSP emu will ever come out

paladinja
January 10th, 2007, 08:06
Color me late to the thread, but is there anyone reading this who can (or knows someone who can {or knows someone who knows someone who can}) take these source codes and FIX THE NeoGeo POCKET STATESAVE?!? Monkey had it in his, can we go all 6million$man and frankenfuse these two? Capcom card clash games are so great, but having to choose between 'having no ability to save' or 'playing with no sound on a 2.5cm screen' is like Sophie's bloody choice! C'mon better men than I, step up! Por favor?
...oh and hello every1, (my first post).

xfactor11
March 15th, 2007, 02:13
howdo i put this on my psp?

fpcreator2000
May 1st, 2007, 03:16
Is it me or is it that e[mulator] doesn't emulate Neogeo Pocket Color, but the previous version the Neogeo Pocket (black and white) because I've just tested it on the PSP 3.40OE using the 1.50 kernel running a 1.00 eboot. The games work fine but in black and white. Or is it that I have to fiddle with the settings to get color< although the emulator has no setting for color or black and white to choose from.

paladinja
May 7th, 2007, 21:53
wow i thought I was late to this thread! haha
So, I'm almost positive the answer to your problem has to do with changing the filenames of your roms to end in a way that the emulator recognises, the problem is that it's been so long I don't remember what that is (and i'm away from home so i cant check), it's something like ".npc" or ".ngp" or something. Basically, if you have at least one rom that is working, just change the rest of your roms' file-names to have the same file-type as the working one. Roms of color games will still play in color even if you do this. you can PM me if you still need help. myself I just went ahead and bought a NGPColor cuz it's AHFREAKINAWESOME. true story: I was playing card fighters clash on the thing for like 4 hours today, just watchin some college honeys roll by. good times.

hondatrx
May 10th, 2007, 23:19
good emulator

Buddy4point0
May 11th, 2007, 00:35
good emulator

omg...
i cant beleive your first post you bought back a thread this old just to say good emualtor...
omg...
:mad:

Acheron1701
May 11th, 2007, 13:51

I had a simular "Freezing" problem with another emulator. Try putting it in the GAME150 folder

fpcreator2000
May 16th, 2007, 06:50
wow i thought I was late to this thread! haha
So, I'm almost positive the answer to your problem has to do with changing the filenames of your roms to end in a way that the emulator recognises, the problem is that it's been so long I don't remember what that is (and i'm away from home so i cant check), it's something like ".npc" or ".ngp" or something. Basically, if you have at least one rom that is working, just change the rest of your roms' file-names to have the same file-type as the working one. Roms of color games will still play in color even if you do this. you can PM me if you still need help. myself I just went ahead and bought a NGPColor cuz it's AHFREAKINAWESOME. true story: I was playing card fighters clash on the thing for like 4 hours today, just watchin some college honeys roll by. good times.

Just got time to try it out. Thanks for the help! Had to change the roms from .npg to npc. One porblem I'm running into though is the fact that EU roms default to english, which is good, but the JUE roms default to japanese. How can I change the default language of the Neogeo Pocket Emulator portion of E[Mulator].

fpcreator2000
June 24th, 2007, 07:45
trI tried playing Street Fighter(USA), and Street Fighter(World) on the MAME4ALL Capcom Edition of the emulator. The emu stays stuck on a vh_open message doesn't do anything after that. When I hit home, it does the usual asking of the "quit game? Yes No ad when I quit. it freezes. but that's besides the point. How can I get the Street Fighter Rom to function past the vh_open message.

gelon
June 24th, 2007, 11:39
trI tried playing Street Fighter(USA), and Street Fighter(World) on the MAME4ALL Capcom Edition of the emulator. The emu stays stuck on a vh_open message doesn't do anything after that. When I hit home, it does the usual asking of the "quit game? Yes No ad when I quit. it freezes. but that's besides the point. How can I get the Street Fighter Rom to function past the vh_open message.

Did you see the topic? :rolleyes:

RDToT
June 24th, 2007, 14:36
this emulator is good
and the idea is even better I mean its cool to enter one emulator and play more than one device

bivysack
December 6th, 2007, 18:49
i am trying to figure out how to work emulators for the psp. im not a guru of the psp so give me a hand. thanx

zaiser
January 4th, 2008, 13:51
Thank you for emulator

Enclave
February 23rd, 2008, 08:36
I'm honestly glad people have posted in this somewhat recently. Makes me feel less horrible about bumping such an old thread.

Anyways, my question I hope is simple. I load up a NES ROM and I can play just fine, however I cannot seem to figure out how to get back to the main menu for the emulator. This obviously is causing me to be unable to save as the only way I can figure out how to quit is to press the home button.

So if anybody knows how to get back to the menu from an NES ROM please help.

francius
August 3rd, 2008, 05:57
this emulator

slik da relic
August 3rd, 2008, 13:12
this emulator...
... is gonna be the home console version of MAME...lol

da relic

cigger1
August 3rd, 2008, 14:30
sega is still cool

zayed hegazi