PDA

View Full Version : Sony confirms 2nd PS3 shipment coming next week

gunntims0103
November 19th, 2006, 04:47
news via gamesarefun (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7250)

Speaking to CBC News, Sony Computer Entertainment of Canada's marketing and public relations manager Matt Levitan announced that North American gamers who missed out on the launch will have another chance to grab a PS3 next week.

"We are getting a second shipment next week, probably around the middle of next week. We'll know by Monday or Tuesday when they will be available.

"We are flying in shipments from Japan and China, and will probably ship them directly to retail" [instead of to Sony's warehouses], he said.

Levitas expects 4 or 5 additional shipments by the end of 2006, with each shipment containing a quarter of the units that were available at launch. He unfortunately didn't state what that number was. If Sony's original 400K launch number is to be believed, that means another 400-500K in the next six weeks.

So if you live in the US region and you missed out, here is your second shot at getting a PS3.

wolfrainxd
November 19th, 2006, 06:15
Thats good news, ima grab me a ps3

uneekracer
November 19th, 2006, 12:30
i have a pre order hahahahaha

Mark30001
November 19th, 2006, 15:59
Good news for buyers, bad news for resellers.

mavsman4457
November 19th, 2006, 16:14
Resellers are very bad humans. This is good news, I'm gonna get me a PS3, hopefully.

smoky
November 19th, 2006, 17:13
Damn... I wonder if the price will drop over time.... my brother really wants one and he's too young to wait in line...

dmac
November 19th, 2006, 18:25
I missed out on the PS3 launch. My Walmart only got 2 friggin PS3s. Hopfully I will be able to get one in the next few weeks.

F9zDark
November 19th, 2006, 21:06
I hope Walmart near me gets em, my friend gave me a card from there with 50 bucks on it. Thats 50 bucks closer to a PS3 than I was last week.

JayDawg3376
November 20th, 2006, 05:39
Do you think that there will be lines for the 2nd shipment of ps3 because i dont want to be the only stupid one camping out and nobody else does lol im willing to camp out early if there is gonna be a line but i just want to know. and do you know for a fact that it says they will ship next week to NORTH AMERICA? Not Canada NORTH AMERICA?

SnesR0X
November 20th, 2006, 07:18
Do you think that there will be lines for the 2nd shipment of ps3 because i dont want to be the only stupid one camping out and nobody else does lol im willing to camp out early if there is gonna be a line but i just want to know. and do you know for a fact that it says they will ship next week to NORTH AMERICA? Not Canada NORTH AMERICA?

well, Canada is in North America, and so is Mexico. My friend works at EB, and last time i talked to him he said that they will get more ps3s, but they will still sell out fast. You can get one no hassle next year:p