PDA

View Full Version : The Wii Launched Today

wraggster
November 19th, 2006, 19:09
Nintendos Wii Console Launched today in the USA, read every bit of news from the best Wii News site over at Nintendo Wii News (http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/). With so much news on the Wii youll need to be checking several times a day to not miss any.

And for those who are PS3 Fans then check out the excellent PS3 Evolution (http://ps3-evolution.dcemu.co.uk/) like the Wii news site it has every news item going.

Both sites will provide the best in news for each system.

One Question remains, Has anyone got a Wii and a PS3 ?

emuking
November 19th, 2006, 19:16
i got a wii today at costco, i have not played it yet but will in a couple of minutes, it was so hard to find!!!, im going to try out wii sports first, then excite truck and later on ZELDA!!!

splodger15
November 19th, 2006, 19:18
I will be getting a ps3 first then a wii

gunntims0103
November 19th, 2006, 19:23
wii first baby, all the news that iv been covering is showing me that its alwsome

Veskgar
November 19th, 2006, 19:27
I'm in the US but I was not able to get a PS3 or a Wii unfortunately. Not yet anyway.

The PS3 craze was no joke. People were seriously getting shot while waiting in lines trying to get the PS3. People got shot, robbed, jumped, etc. It was craziness. And that was just in my state alone. So I can't imagine the chaos that ensued in the other 49 states.

I wonder if that sort of nonsense happens in Japan? I doubt it.

I think I want a PS3 first but if I can't afford the $599.99 for the premium version I just might get a Wii first.

PSP_Newbie
November 19th, 2006, 19:30
Woot, I got up early this morning and managed to get my hands on a Wii and a copy of Zelda from Fry's.
Exciting if a homebrew Wii scene develops.

Jonesyxxiv
November 19th, 2006, 19:32
I was gunna go to the midnight release but they wont open at midnight and were just gunna sell the wii in the mouring and my mom wont let me wait that long so I didnt get one.:mad:

Edit: Hey Wraggster, I just noticed we have the same Birthday.

ICE
November 19th, 2006, 19:44
in the other 51 states.
um i think you mean in the other 49 states.. as in 50 total..

sroon
November 19th, 2006, 20:00
YAY I JUST GOT MY WII!!!!
ima gona have to pick up Zelda tomarow, my gf reealy wants to play it!!!
btw how do u get retro games on it?
( O ) ( O )

Junixx
November 19th, 2006, 20:04
You have to buy the classic controller, hook your Wii up to the internet and download them. Thats it in a nutshell i suppose

weirdelf
November 19th, 2006, 20:08
I wish I lived in the US

dragoncurse10
November 19th, 2006, 20:14
yea i got the wii system and i am selling it back out got 800-900 then buy another one for myself

sroon
November 19th, 2006, 20:41
You have to buy the classic controller, hook your Wii up to the internet and download them. Thats it in a nutshell i suppose

Hey thanks bro!:)
I really appreciate it!:)

( O ) ( O );)

Knux896
November 19th, 2006, 21:00
I got mine today and am in the process of putting pictures and video of it on my site. :D

S34MU5
November 19th, 2006, 21:11
Is it good?
Im in Uk, Getting PS3,PC,Wii in that order

SSaxdude
November 19th, 2006, 22:04
I bought my Wii earlier today at Target.

Basil Zero
November 19th, 2006, 22:32
gonna get wii hopefully on Feb 2007

and ps3 when DMC4 and FFXIII come out or on Dec 2007-Mid 2008, whichever comes first lol

nathan1974au
November 19th, 2006, 23:01
ill have to start to drink lots of coke to get a wii going!!

ill wait to the hype is cool'ed down before i get one, no hurry for a awesome console!!!

game on man!!

macplayer
November 19th, 2006, 23:01
last friday i get the xbox 360 with gears of warsand 2 controllers + XBL today at 6 am i get my wii console with 2 extras controllers with zelda and tony hawk this is the best weekend that i ever had 2 next gen consoles in 3 days

shenske37
November 19th, 2006, 23:03
i waited for 16 hours! it was 100% worth it. I can't believe how amaizing it is and zelda is incredible

John Vattic
November 20th, 2006, 01:28
I work at a very famous department store and had the pleasure of selling the wii. I didn't get one but telling people no all day was better than getting one anyway.

lmao@fanboys in line his morning when i got to work. and the beautiful look of disappointment when i said sold out, was worth at least 250$:rofl:

i get one on the 22nd so i'm in no hurry. and i get a discount of 20%:p

the_eternal_dark
November 20th, 2006, 01:39
Woot, I got up early this morning and managed to get my hands on a Wii and a copy of Zelda from Fry's.
Exciting if a homebrew Wii scene develops.

I have SDLoader working using the Action Replay, GC SD memorycard adapter. We should be seeing homebrew shooting up shortly I expect.

You all have got to play Call of Duty 3 on the Wii. It's crazy.

emuking
November 20th, 2006, 05:22
i need to buy red steel, right now all i have is the incredible zelda :D

Kramer
November 20th, 2006, 05:27
Meh I still have to wait 16 day's for the Aussie launch.

gslop
November 20th, 2006, 06:12
Im definitely geting the Wii but the PS3 can wait till it goes down in price in the mean time I think the xbox 360 is way better.

MaxSMoke
November 20th, 2006, 07:00
I waited in line yesterday for 12 hours, bought the last Wii in Chico, CA, and set it up last night.

From just one day's play, I have to say that Zelda is a very smooth playing game. It doesn't look anywhere near as impressive as anything on the PS3 or 360. It is, basically, the same game you can get for the GameCube. The Wii might be more powerful, but Zelda won't really let you know. The controls are very intuitive. I was disappointed you couldn't actually swing the sword, you more just shake the controller to attack. But the shaking works great. Fishing, like-wise, I was disappointed that you didn't have more direct control over the rod and reel. It's all done automatically, so all you do is pull up and down. Pin-point aiming with the slingshot though is really impressive. Within 5 minutes I was picking off targets like a Pro-Sniper! Outside of the great aiming though, you could probably get the same gameplay experience on a GameCube now.

The other game I bought was Call of Duty. After 15 minutes I nearly broke my Wii controller. I HATE THAT GAME'S INTERFACE! It uses a "Small Recital" targeting, which means that you don't have to move the cursor far before the screen moves. Unless you got a Dead-Aim, Rock-Solid hand, you're screen will be moving ALOT! Everytime I relaxed my hand for a heart-beat, I was starring at my toes! And the aiming reticule on the screen is *TINY*!!!!! Good luck trying to see what you're aiming at!

I only got to the first battle and died twice, after two painfully long fights to maintain control over my shaky screen. I don't know how well Red Steel controls, since it uses a "Large Reticule" aiming. You have to REALLY push to make the screen move on that game. But I can tell you right now, Call of Duty 3 is a PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!!

Wii Sports was fun to mess around with, but a bit confusing. The Boxing will make your arms fall off, but it's SUPER Interactive. The Tennis was painful. Bowling was a bit confusing, since the ball seems to like to hook to the Left. Granny rolls are the only way to make it go straight. And Baseball was pretty cool, at least when you're batting. The bat mimics the motion of the remote, so you have prefect control over it's movements. Pitching was boring, since all you do is hold a button and try to flick the remote fast.

The Wii itself has some interesting functions, but the two big ones, Weather and News, aren't active yet. They just say that the service isn't ready. It also says you can use the Wii to surf the web, but I couldn't get that part to work either. The Wii has built in Wireless internet, which is totally awesome compared to the "Sold Separately" wireless for my 360. But since none of the games go online, it's pointless. All you can do now is buy a tiny handful of "Classic" games for those inflated prices. My Modded Xbox can do that for free, and does a better job with hi-rez graphics. So until Blast Corps comes out, I'm going to pass on that part. :p

Overall, it's an interesting console, and out of 3 games, only one was a lemon (CoD3) because of the shotty interface. But unless you're an impatience nerd, totally derived of any real life, like myself, there's no reason to buy a Wii right now. Wait until the online service is working, they release more then 8 "Classic" games, and maybe hold out for the DVD version of the Wii, due out in the middle of next year.

Unless the prices on Wii's go crazy, I think I'll just hold on to my Wii for now.

ikarimaru
November 20th, 2006, 19:34
For the sake of trying to be punny.... WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Can't wait to get the money up to buy one. Stupid college bills :(

Here's to hoping it succeeds! Innovation should ALWAYS be celebrated. If you gamers like companies that take risks for the betterment of the industry, do yourself a favor and buy yourself a Wii and skip the PS3 and 360 (I own a 360 myself, which is awesome, but definitely nothing more than a graphical step up).

Also, I hope the homebrew scene jumps on this quick.

Congrats to all you current owners. Hope you love your systems. I hope to join you soon!