PDA

View Full Version : Psp Umd Movies

theidealheight
March 13th, 2005, 14:04
Hey guys i just got some news off lik-sang.com, apparently with the release of the PSP in the US, they are releasing Spiderman 2 The Movie on UMD, this is a feature thing now, Sony have started to create a lot of movies and are planning to release one every month.

The first few are gonna be Resident Evil 2, Saw, Hell Boy, Rambo and many more. :D

leggy
March 13th, 2005, 14:06
Will you be able to play the american ones on a japenese machine or will they have a 'region' ??

theidealheight
March 13th, 2005, 14:11
The PSP is region free! ....the purpose of the PSP i.e. portable is to allow the user to travel and play the playstation games with ease, so sony decided to make them region free so games and movies can be bought any and work on it....

leggy
March 13th, 2005, 16:38
Cheers!

chinknation
March 13th, 2005, 17:01
wow! the PSP is gonna be HOT! i hope they have new movies and not old ones.

SmashinGit
March 13th, 2005, 18:54
I was under the impression that the games would be region free but the movies would not be region free.........

aseddon130
March 13th, 2005, 19:10
games = region free
UMD films = not

the region coding for the PSP is for the UMD movies, i really don't think UMD movies will take off, i for one am not impressed with any of the Sony films that are being released, theyre absolute crap, i mean cmon, who really wants to get the Resident Evil films on UMD, theyre bad enough on DVD and VHS - waste of time if you ask me. Theyre even a little tiny dearer than DVDs and theyre short of DVD extras, so a waste of time if you ask me.

leggy
March 13th, 2005, 19:41
I would like to have a few movies as well as games.

It gives you another option if you're bored.

SalTheWop
March 13th, 2005, 22:04
I could be wrong but I cant see movies being a big seller. I *may* buy one, but it will be for novelty factor rather than anything else.If I want to watch a film on the move then I will use my portable DVD player, also has the added benefit of being able to stick it in any DVD player and watch it ,as a film is intended to be watched, on a decent sized screen.

theidealheight
March 15th, 2005, 09:33
jeese u lot are so blind lol, the reason for this release, is that sony are trying to bring in their own format of movie, my friend works at the Sony in London, and apparently they are planning to use the UMD as a main feature on new dvd players and tv's....there are a few pictures that he showed me of a t.v. with a UMD port on the right bottom side of the tv.

Personally i think it will take off, i have a portable dvd player, and honestly if there is a wide range of movies on a UMD i would take the psp because its a lot easier to carry around. The new USB chargers are a good idea as well, makes it easier if you are on the move and don't wanna lug the charger around.

leggy
March 15th, 2005, 10:02
Of course Sony are trying to bring their own format of movie in - that is the UMD - LOL.

There is no way they will make a big difference in the market place. Too much money invested in dvd's now.