PDA

View Full Version : Another Story of Wii Line Kindness

gunntims0103
November 19th, 2006, 20:58
news via kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii-launch/another-story-of-wii-line-kindness-215873.php)

My friend Mike in New Haven, Conn. is a gamer. Not a hardcore gamer, but he's definitely done his share of gaming and console buying over the years. he loves his DS, but since the arrival of his 7 month old son, Paul, he doesn't have time for midnight launch madness or waiting around in the cold all night for the newest console. He was, however, very interested in getting a Wii. Since he had Paul last night, he decided to wait until this morning to see if he could actually acquire one. So, He made his way to the local target around 8am.

Upon arriving, he was greeted with the scene that is so familiar at this point, a huge line of people. There were about 60 people in line and as he walked up, he was informed that there were only 60 Wiis and that they had just given out all the claim tickets. It looked like it was going to be a day of running around with an infant trying to find his system. A daunting task, certainly. So, imagine his surprise when a gentleman approached him as he was leaving.

I had just gotten the car door open for Paul when this guy approached. I have to admit I was a bit dubious of his motives but the whole line was standing there watching. He said he had an extra ticket, and I was thinking he wanted to make money off of me and I said, "You're serious? Do you want something for this?" He just said no, that he saw me with the baby and he had an extra he was going to sell on eBay.

He had camped out with his sister since 11 pm to buy a Wii for his 8 y/o son for Christmas. He had never even heard of the Wii until two days ago. He said he was going to buy his son a PSP, but then the boy said he wanted a Wii instead. Then he walks to his car to get the extra ticket and comes back and hands me the ticket and I take my place next to him in line, feeling a little odd about cutting, but thrilled because I had my Wii!

It's so nice to hear stories of things like this happening with the Nintendo launch. It really gives one hope for the future.

philr359
November 19th, 2006, 23:12
Wii fans give away tickets
PS3 fans shoot eachother

zidanerick
November 19th, 2006, 23:22
Wii fans give away tickets
PS3 fans shoot eachother

or ram each other into flag poles. ;)

Miria
November 20th, 2006, 01:01
LMAO those are Hardcore people. Nintendo... Give Sony and Microsoft a run for there money.. lead them to damnation as they did to you..

Gosh i cant wait till you hit New Zealand Stores..