PDA

View Full Version : New PSX-P Version from Yoshihiro - Playstation Emulator for PSP

DPyro
November 19th, 2006, 23:26
Yoshihiro has released anew version of his Playstation Emulator for the PSP, heres a translation from French to English:

Here's a new version of PSX-P emulator PS1 for PSP. Still very far off, Yoshihiro with nevertheless decided to put online this version to give pleasure with those which support it since the beginning. The great news is especially the setting on line of the sources which will make it possible other programmers to join the project.

What's up doc?

This emulator with known a certain number of changes since its first version and Yoshihiro with taken again more once its work with zero.

The last version to date is in fact a version which always turns very slowly but which offers an increased compatibility. Note that the presence of the BIOS is advised and according to plays' that goes better with or without. For FFVII, you will have to be armed with patience because starting is long, very long, really very long but it goes… (with the BIOS scph1001.bin).

We count on you to give us returns and to offer a new list of compatibility in our forum.

Readme

******** PSX-P alpha 0.2 public SRC release by Yoshihiro ********

Known BUGS:
In PSX-P impossible to leave the emulator with HOME thus HOME to decontaminate share defect.
To leave, use L + R + X

**** New and operation ****

GPU to use PEOPS Software 1.17 of Pete Bernett with the SDL;

Addition of the FPS and the resolution of the PSX in real time (decontaminated in release public)

Optimization of the HW rootcounter for Vsync mult share 3;

Config.Bias to add can be modified with the flight to regulate Speed automatically
not finished: =;

Memorycard To fix GFX Fixed for the majority of the plays; =).

Operation of PSX-P in the menu of the roms;

Button X to launch the *.BIN' S/*.ISO' S and also the *.EXE' S/*.PSX' S PlayStation;

Button O to launch the iso' S with Bios psx which this lance in first As the console;

Button START for booter the bios and capacity to publish the memory cards;

Button Triangle to leave emulator under the screen of selection of the roms;

Obligatory files in repertory PSXP;
./SaveState/ *.sav
./BIOS/scph1001.bin
./MC/Mcd001.mcr
./MC/Mcd001.mcr

Addition of the save state and load state

// Function in game only
To return with XMB PSP: L + R + X;
Save state: L + R + START;
Load State: L + R + SELECT;

Special button PSX L2: the button Home;
Special button PSX R2: the button Notes music;

To activate config CPU DYNAREC on PSX-P it is necessary to define - DPSP_DYNAREC
In Makefile.

Official Dev. of PCSX Version PC:
Writing leaves:
principal coder: linuzappz
Co-coders: shadow, Nocomp, Pete Bernett, nik3d;

Original Greatz of PCSX Version PC:

Duddie, Tratax, Kazzuya, JNS, Bobbi, Psychojak, Shunt
Keith, DarkWatcher, Xeven, Liquid, Dixon, Prafull "
Special thanks to:
Twin (we Love you twin0r), Roor (for you too coils),
calb (Thanks for help:) ), now3d (for great help to my psxdev stuff:) ;

Yoshihiro Greetings: :

PacManFan, Groepaz from hitmen, Looser, MaGiXieN, Hlide, MrTuto_Alek, Snap06, Mathieulh, Dark_Alex, Fanjita, PSMonkey, Zx-81, Mickeyblue, ds2kx, Zeus, and all the people who supported me in this project.

Installation:
The versions proposed on PSP-GENERATION were compressed in order to have only to decompress them over the ms of your PSP. It is necessary to have winrar installed (winrar is much better than winzip).

- Download the version adapted to your firmware.
- Connect your PSP and pass in mode USB (tuto here if)
- Click with the right button on the file which you downloaded.
- Choose to extract the files…
- Choose like destination the letter assigned to your PSP
- Support on OK and it is all.

Where to put the bios?
In BIOS directory of the PSXP directory (in ms0: /PSP/GAME/psxp/bios)

Where to put the roms?
In the Rom directory of the PSXP directory ( in ms0: /PSP/GAME/psxp/rom)

Check out the PSX-P Compatability List Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37039)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com)

JD/
November 19th, 2006, 23:28
Awesome im gnna test it now.

modcase
November 19th, 2006, 23:32
Nice catch, thanks!

scarph
November 19th, 2006, 23:32
its slow as fudge
but progress none the less

gunntims0103
November 19th, 2006, 23:34
o yea finally a officail new release and it has a source.

wolfpack
November 19th, 2006, 23:35
i smell a long thread coming

Xiofire
November 19th, 2006, 23:36
MGS hangs on this one too :(
-Xiofire

The_Ultimate_Eggman
Cool thxs gonna test it now :).

mavsman4457
I'm glad this thing has a source so others can take over and give us even more PSX emu's.

scarph
November 19th, 2006, 23:39
dont bother testing
i cant notice a difference from the last release

aries2k4
November 19th, 2006, 23:40
Ya, source code. way to go Yoshi. maybe a few devs will also work on it. But there is progress in this release. There is improvement on the graphics.

XioN980
November 19th, 2006, 23:41
It says CPU dynarec but exophase just checked the source, there is none. Not even an incomplete one

Zion
November 19th, 2006, 23:42
sweet, at least the source was released this time :D

ab88
November 19th, 2006, 23:45
Yay

christophe
November 19th, 2006, 23:46
ha lol....tekken 3 mini rip runs ingame approx 1-3 fps...
castlevania sotn gets up to konami logo...and memory stick light flashes...but nothing more

eat
November 19th, 2006, 23:47
does anyone know how long it will take before this is at a playable speed?

wolfpack
November 19th, 2006, 23:48
uh oh, i think zion is getting ideas :P

Mr. Shizzy
November 19th, 2006, 23:52
I tested Puzzle Bobble. It played for about 5 mins without crashing. Then I turned it off. Nobody should expect playable games with this, but it is nice to see it released. (with source this time) It seems to be slightly more solid than the 1st build. Keep it up yoshi. :)

jools
November 20th, 2006, 00:00
Nice work.

I played tekken2 and it was about 4-6fps

im rippin another game to test so ill reply on that tommorow...
(ill try and find all my ffs later so I can test speed)

scarph
November 20th, 2006, 00:04
this will never work
never faster than daedulus (excuse my spelling i dont have time to look it up)

uhh notice how that n64 emu has stopped being updated

the psp just doesnt have the power

dankbeats
November 20th, 2006, 00:05
Castlevania: sotn actually runs fine but very slow. I got into the prologue chapter of the game but turned it off before i got to dracula since it was so slow.

Anger
November 20th, 2006, 00:06
It says CPU dynarec but exophase just checked the source, there is none. Not even an incomplete one
my my, yoshi lied again? wow what a surprise.[/sarcasm]

gunntims0103
November 20th, 2006, 00:07
this will never work

djk21108, dont you think your being a bit "negative":o

im a little angry that yoshi didnt implament the dynarec like he said. I think if he just put that he didnt ppl wouldnt think less of him. He should know that ppl are going to take a look at his source

Philo1001
November 20th, 2006, 00:09
i got Final Fantasy Tactics to work, but obviously very, very slow

scarph
November 20th, 2006, 00:10
nah,
it seems like sony cant even make the ps1 emu
theyre stalling

just dont get your hopes up anyone
just stick with old systems

DPyro
November 20th, 2006, 00:11
my my, yoshi lied again? wow what a surprise.[/sarcasm]
In the make file
## Not Yet But Soon : -DPSP_DYNAREC

He is probably working on that now.

wraggster
November 20th, 2006, 00:12
the dynarec isnt easy to get working, as far as i know no coder on the 3 projects has managed to get a dynarec working

DCergo
November 20th, 2006, 00:16

The PSP has plenty of power for it. Porting an emu designed for PCs isn't going to do it. It requires work and capable coder(s) to write it from the ground up.

I guess someone better inform Sony that their official PS1 emu doesn't have the power either...

green-machine
November 20th, 2006, 00:17
Gran Turismo works but very slow... too slow!
No vroooom, more like chug chug!

But yet again i'm impressed at the amount of effort people are putting in to the homebrew scene.
Well done!

Heero808
November 20th, 2006, 00:20
Tested it with gundam battle assalt one and its kinda playable but menus are slow gonna try the squel now
EDIT: doest work it freezes at the bandai screen:( Junk

domthegod
November 20th, 2006, 00:24
its f**king brilliant mutch mutch fater that the last one its atuelly playerble

emuking
November 20th, 2006, 00:24
i just got my wii im playing zelda as im typing this!
anyways great news that he included the source code :D

dagger89
November 20th, 2006, 00:26
this will never work

For the PS1 emulator, it has MORE THAN ENOUGH power....

N64, most likely not PERFECT, but pretty close... 80-90% speed with sound & minor graphical errors

mr.oddball
November 20th, 2006, 00:27
nah,
it seems like sony cant even make the ps1 emu
theyre stalling

just dont get your hopes up anyone
just stick with old systems

what are you talking about, last time i checked, sony's emu's speed is fine. they're stalling to work on either compression of games or controller mappings, or somethin like that.

hlide
November 20th, 2006, 00:29
the third being what ? if you are speaking about YAPSxP, you are wrong in one point : I do have a working dynarec, I don't have a working emulator.

Oh, yeah why I don't bother to add this dynarec on a working emulator ? because it would ruin all my efforts to make a fullspeed emulator.

By the way, if someone knows where I could find the source of an OpenGL GPU plugin which really works, I would be glad to rewrite it with GE on my project. The only two sources I have seems to be very incomplete sadly.

emuking
November 20th, 2006, 00:32
i have a wii and playing zelda right now :D
anyways its great that he included the source code

Kvonx
November 20th, 2006, 00:34
Well...........atleast he tried, we support his efforts

darknight88
November 20th, 2006, 00:35
ok ppls just tried jet moto 2 and its playable but slow,also i think its better if you boot the game w/out the Bios logo option(x)

tried blasto! but it freezes on the "piracy" boot screen thing.

wraggster
November 20th, 2006, 00:36
the third being what ? if you are speaking about YAPSxP, you are wrong in one point : I do have a working dynarec, I don't have a working emulator.

Oh, yeah why I don't bother to add this dynarec on a working emulator ? because it would ruin all my efforts to make a fullspeed emulator.

By the way, if someone knows where I could find the source of an OpenGL GPU plugin which really works, I would be glad to rewrite it with GE on my project. The only two sources I have seems to be very incomplete sadly.

accept my apologies, i just assumed, nice to know you have a working dynarec though :)

Lodis
November 20th, 2006, 00:39
I am not going to bother trying this one out. It is clearly obvious that only a Psx emulator coded from scratch with a working Dynarec will be anything near playable and that would be an extremely difficult and time consuming task. However, I have faith that it is possible, especially after Exophase's ground breaking GBA emulator. Either way, it is great to see people putting in time and effort to improve on homebrew. I am grateful to all people who contribute regardless of how big or small a contribution.

kiore
November 20th, 2006, 00:40
oh yeah ! bout to try it

DPyro
November 20th, 2006, 00:41
This emu is fine, graphics are good. Just needs dynarec and sound ;)

Vega
November 20th, 2006, 00:42

And exactly what does that have to do with this emulator?

aYu][Takeshi
November 20th, 2006, 00:42
does anyone know how long it will take before this is at a playable speed?
This one? Never...

sroon
November 20th, 2006, 00:46
ok FF8 doesnt get past opening video! ohh well il try some more games
( O ) ( O )

AtariFreek
November 20th, 2006, 00:47
Driver gets past the Checking Mem. Cards Screen. Freezes whene you just start to drive around.

magixien
November 20th, 2006, 00:52
Just an tip:

Try to start a game with and without BIOS, the two ways can be a slution. :-)

JKKDARK
November 20th, 2006, 00:55
Just an tip:

Try to start a game with and without BIOS, the two ways can be a slution. :-)

without bios it doesn't work -_-

carlitx
November 20th, 2006, 01:01
kool testing as we speak with street fighter 2 alpha!

darknight88
November 20th, 2006, 01:03
wild 9 stops at loading screen

crash 3 stays at main menu,cant do anything.

carlitx
November 20th, 2006, 01:04
speed is still a bit slow but realy good job dude this pretty sweet. just knowing that this is possible makes it so s awsom for the psp, sony got nothin on you guys haha.

PS is the next version gonna have sound(rehtorical)

sroon
November 20th, 2006, 01:07
OMG FF7 is pretty much playable!
( O ) ( O )

The King
November 20th, 2006, 01:08
It Seems To Have Many Problems

gunntims0103
November 20th, 2006, 01:09
( O ) ( O )

no seriously:eek:

Vega
November 20th, 2006, 01:10
( O ) ( O )

why dont I believe you????

sroon
November 20th, 2006, 01:12
NO NO I just have patance guys!
Im just soo happy! Its playable for me!
( O ) ( O )

Vega
November 20th, 2006, 01:16
NO NO I just have patance guys!
Im just soo happy! Its playable for me!
( O ) ( O )

:D Enjoy!
FFVII sure as hell would be great.. Im just not that patient :)

JD/
November 20th, 2006, 01:17
I think this emu is playable its just some people are more impatient than others

x-zero
November 20th, 2006, 01:28
I really hate those who talk BS about Yoshihiro Hey Yoshi thanks again.

watupgroupie
November 20th, 2006, 01:29
oh wow cool i was waiting for this yoshi has my complete support along with all the other coders trying to make a ps1 emu i don't think its a fight to who can make a better emu and faster i think we should work together but ya know that's just me and not everyone thinks like that. well anyway off to try some games.

Jonesyxxiv
November 20th, 2006, 01:40
anyways its great that he included the source code
Dont rub it in.:( I didnt get a Wii.:( :( :(

neovlace
November 20th, 2006, 01:41
I really hate those who talk BS about Yoshihiro Hey Yoshi thanks again.

I thought he quit the scene????? I guess he was lying about that too. Gret qork on the emu, I just wish it had less drama. The "he said, they said" bullsnip is ridiculous, and sadly, it always seems to be about Yoshihiro.

Still, he has done a good job!

darknight88
November 20th, 2006, 01:58
sorry for dumb Q but how do you take a screen shot???

Mazu
November 20th, 2006, 02:00
Yoshihiro did leave. As a kind act to us, he decided to finish PSXP and then never do another thing for PSP thanks to the flamers.

nyrtrublue
November 20th, 2006, 02:22
Thank you yoshi for showing dedication to the tru fans of yours im gonna test this now

Ewin24
November 20th, 2006, 02:32
Ahh...you kept your promise yoshi. Awesome!
heh, it's slow, but it's fricken progress!!
Hells yes!!!

mr.oddball
November 20th, 2006, 02:41
just tried CTR, in .bin/.cue format. whether you choose bios or not, the game freezes at the SCEA screen after loading for 10 mins. :(

Jmanpsp
November 20th, 2006, 02:47
YOSHI IS THE MAN

GREAT JOB ON THE PSX EMU now i can play all my digimon games and other games i like

ps. how u play 3 disc games lol

animekid4
November 20th, 2006, 02:53
that is a good questioin.....my guess fuse three psps and make a super omega psp!!!!!that runs at 999mgs!

psp411
November 20th, 2006, 02:57
nice yoshi... i like the progress and th effort.Ill try this tmr tho... skool tmr n im tired-.-

Basil Zero
November 20th, 2006, 03:36
i think i'll get on with the PSX scene once a good compatiable and speed worthy emu comes out lol

LAMPRO
November 20th, 2006, 03:48
this is a long experimental process that will mos likely come to an abrupt end when the ps3 ps1 emu is out. at which point some sorta breakthrough idea by either an obscure or very popluar coder/devr (maybe yoshi!) will bless the psp wit the knawlej. till then the ms is vying for air. evrything wants to be on my ms. theres no room for evrything!! lol..

nyrtrublue
November 20th, 2006, 04:03
how can i upload videos ill take a couple i already took one of crash bash i just dont know how to post them

mavsman4457
November 20th, 2006, 04:22
I think that Booster will first devhook 3.00 and people will temporarily buy into those PS1 games. Then sometime the homebrew scene will develop a PS1 emu that will put sony's to shame and people will switch over to that one because it will have more features and any game that you want for free. I for one will definately use the devooked 3.00 but I sure won't buy the games.

CaptainMorgan4
November 20th, 2006, 05:01
I'm not trying to get in any trouble but just so I'm sure you HAVE to get PSX games from torrents? If this is not allowed to be answered I'll delete it quick, but I"m just trying to get this question answered. I'm not asking WHERE to get them.

dagger89
November 20th, 2006, 05:07
I'm not trying to get in any trouble but just so I'm sure you HAVE to get PSX games from torrents? If this is not allowed to be answered I'll delete it quick, but I"m just trying to get this question answered. I'm not asking WHERE to get them.

No, you can dump them if you have a computer with a CD drive, the game disk, and necessary software...

Alcohol 120 can create an iso for you...

If you don't have PSX games, go to the used section of your favorite video game store...

There are no working PSX torrents that will work with this emulator (just kidding, but you shouldn't pirate games)

CaptainMorgan4
November 20th, 2006, 05:18
I got some old PSX games, you got someone that can make me an ISO out of them? Is there an easy program you can use to put them on your pc, can you help me. I just want 2 games, I got good copies!

dagger89
November 20th, 2006, 05:21
http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

Just use the trial version

CaptainMorgan4
November 20th, 2006, 05:33
Thanks alot really, I appreciate it!

X-MOD GHOST
November 20th, 2006, 06:18
has anyone tried final fantasy ehrgiez fighting game? i own it but i was wondering if it was worth wasting time to back it up? thanks in advance
ps
yes i did check the comp. list BEFORE posting ;) thanx all :D

gunntims0103
November 20th, 2006, 06:21
has anyone tried final fantasy ehrgiez fighting game? i own it but i was wondering if it was worth wasting time to back it up? thanks in advance
ps
yes i did check the comp. list BEFORE posting ;) thanx all :D

errrm good to see you X-MOD GHOST. i dont think its worth trying to back it up cause at this point the emu is still a bit slow and not up to par. this is why i wont back up any of my games at the moment

opiate81
November 20th, 2006, 06:40
great job yoshi!!
keep up the good work its very much appreciated!!

hahahaha
November 20th, 2006, 07:30
i personally am glad we are at least seeing a psx emu release. all the hype over ps1p (which still has yet to be released) left me wanting SOMETHING. great job yoshi. progress is progress, no matter how small. now we'll just have to wait until other psx emus start popping up :-)

SnesR0X
November 20th, 2006, 07:40
i personally am glad we are at least seeing a psx emu release. all the hype over ps1p (which still has yet to be released) left me wanting SOMETHING. great job yoshi. progress is progress, no matter how small. now we'll just have to wait until other psx emus start popping up :-)

nice comment:) but hahahaha? interesting name:p
anyway, im glad to see someting too, and when te official emu comes out it will help us to develop one too.

X-MOD GHOST
November 20th, 2006, 08:08
did you know you can do the restart 2 :D just like old ps1 :) hold start select Triangle, [ ],O,X,L,R to RESTART WHILE IN GAMEPLAY ;)

thanx guntims ;)
well i tried my toshinden backup and i can play the game and i can still kik @ss even if it IS agonizingly slow like guntims said its still none the less very very impressive and when the dynamic recompiler is tweaked to do its job it will be a true milestone this has nearly perfect gfx in toshinden with the exception of a few background glitchyness...and there is a nice lil speed boost from the original one i tryed i think...last time it wasnt actually PLAYABLE per say...so id lable this a SOLID BETA :D even though its creator says " dont judge me!" ROFLMAO good stuff...good times ...lol...peace...love and chicken grease dont let your meat loaf im out for the night :)

QUESTION
is there a way to fix the fact that the player one and too padd configgs are both controled with your buttons instead of JUST PLAYER ONE the controls ACT FOR P1 and P2 ?! will this be a quick fix i wonder???

hack.fool
November 20th, 2006, 11:37
wow thanx for the release..it's a pleasure to test a psx emu :D

MarcusOF
November 20th, 2006, 13:48
Hi. First of all, thanks Yoshi for bringing this emu out, with all the hype it's nice to actually have a hands on experiance with a ps1 emu.

Question though. the version says 1.5 firmware. Does this emu work on other firmware's? namely 2.0?

I'm using 2.0 firmware with the 0.99 eLoader TIFF and when needed i use GTA to get better compatebility.

I first took the PSXP folder and put it in my games directory and started it up with the TIFF, the eboot loads fine and comes up with the menu. When i press start it loads up the bios and i get the sony logo but then it stays there. It doen't continue to the ps1 menu it just stay's with the logo.
It's the same when using GTA (Although i do notice the logo animation is a bit faster). I used psp Brew to convert the 1.5 eboot to a 1.0 eboot and did the whole process again only giving me the same result. A nice sony logo on screen but nothing more. Again using psp brew i coverted the 1.0 to a 2.x comaptible eboot and tried again. No difference, still loads the logo but doesn't continue.

I have FF7 on the ms and also tried to load that. but it just keeps giving me the same, only a sony logo. When i load FF7 with pressing x in the menu skipping the bios logo it just gives me a black screen, no loading light or nothing, just a black screen.

Any advice guy's cause i'd really like to see what this emu is like.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 20th, 2006, 14:57
Hi. First of all, thanks Yoshi for bringing this emu out, with all the hype it's nice to actually have a hands on experiance with a ps1 emu.

Question though. the version says 1.5 firmware. Does this emu work on other firmware's? namely 2.0?

I'm using 2.0 firmware with the 0.99 eLoader TIFF and when needed i use GTA to get better compatebility.

I first took the PSXP folder and put it in my games directory and started it up with the TIFF, the eboot loads fine and comes up with the menu. When i press start it loads up the bios and i get the sony logo but then it stays there. It doen't continue to the ps1 menu it just stay's with the logo.
It's the same when using GTA (Although i do notice the logo animation is a bit faster). I used psp Brew to convert the 1.5 eboot to a 1.0 eboot and did the whole process again only giving me the same result. A nice sony logo on screen but nothing more. Again using psp brew i coverted the 1.0 to a 2.x comaptible eboot and tried again. No difference, still loads the logo but doesn't continue.

I have FF7 on the ms and also tried to load that. but it just keeps giving me the same, only a sony logo. When i load FF7 with pressing x in the menu skipping the bios logo it just gives me a black screen, no loading light or nothing, just a black screen.

Any advice guy's cause i'd really like to see what this emu is like.

If you're at 2.00 why not upgrade to DA's 2.71 SE all the benefits of 1.50 + the goodies 2.71 has to offer once you do you wont look back.

MarcusOF
November 20th, 2006, 15:15
If you're at 2.00 why not upgrade to DA's 2.71 SE all the benefits of 1.50 + the goodies 2.71 has to offer once you do you wont look back.

That really sounds very interesting, any chance you can point me in the right direction to get this done right and where i can find some good info on how to do this and how it works? I really like to read up on this before i go switch firmwares. I currently have a lot of emu's up and running on the 2.0 and would hate to loose that compatibility.

Baboon
November 20th, 2006, 15:37
I’ll give this emu a blast once I finish work.

At last I can play (well... sort of boot them up) a few PS games on my PSP. Judging by the response though from a few of ya on here the emu is still super slow, but hey... at least its a start to Playstation emulation, and a release that we can all test out.

I hope AC will top this news by finally releasing a public beta for us of his PS emu... I know its wishful thinking, but I'm an optimist! lol

There’s loadsa of stuff being developed and worked on at the mo, I’d say the homebrew scene is defo alive and kicking! :)

DPyro
November 20th, 2006, 15:49
BAM3 would be one of the easiest and best games to test with this ;)

Dannyboy1234
November 20th, 2006, 16:14
Great job Yoshihiro! finaly got some of the best rpg games ever to work on the psp! Thanks:D

jools
November 20th, 2006, 16:20
Nice Rat Attack (my first ever psx game) works at a playable speed. I've not played it in soo long and playing it on the psp's great.:thumbup:

well done on the emulator

S34MU5
November 20th, 2006, 16:33
:( No mgs, im not even gona download.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 20th, 2006, 17:05
That really sounds very interesting, any chance you can point me in the right direction to get this done right and where i can find some good info on how to do this and how it works? I really like to read up on this before i go switch firmwares. I currently have a lot of emu's up and running on the 2.0 and would hate to loose that compatibility.

Theres a complete noob freindly installer version available via this site or if you have trouble locating one pm me and i will sort you out no problem m8.And as for compatibility problems 99.9% of hb works snes TYL/neo geo/cps1&2 ect all good on 2.71 se.

kiariki
November 20th, 2006, 19:04
It has to be pretty hard to play anything, though, right? I can't test it out cuz I'm still using the sample memory stick (I'll eventually buy a huge one)...

Is it like Daedulus where you have to set things up prior to loading the game?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
November 20th, 2006, 20:08
thx, keep it up!!!!!

Baboon
November 20th, 2006, 20:11
BAM3 would be one of the easiest and best games to test with this ;)

According to the compatibilty thread:

Bust A Move 3 - Works
Bust a Move 4 - works but runs really slow

CaptainMorgan4
November 20th, 2006, 20:52
Hi on page 8 someone helped me about backing up one of my PSX games using Alcohol 120% (trial version). I installed the trial version but am very confused on to where to go from here, can someone please come to my aid again?

Briggzy11
November 20th, 2006, 21:11
Least theres a source...

CaptainMorgan4
November 20th, 2006, 21:22
Could you possibly help me? (my question 2 posts above)

Joe100517
November 20th, 2006, 22:22
This is an awesome release! I bet it won't be long now until we're actually getting speeds that will be playable. It will definitely will be amazing since I don't want to pay Sony just so I can play the giant stack of psx games I want to replay on the go.

watupgroupie
November 20th, 2006, 23:47
Hi on page 8 someone helped me about backing up one of my PSX games using Alcohol 120% (trial version). I installed the trial version but am very confused on to where to go from here, can someone please come to my aid again?
ok i personally do not use alchohol 120% for backing up ps1 game i use a very easy to use program called isoproducer just google it it's usually one of the first one's to come up. it made to rip ps1 games so put in your disk open that program configure your plugin (which is very easy to do and even comes with the plugin.) and hit the button which say's make iso and then take that file and put it on your psp and run it :)

watupgroupie
November 20th, 2006, 23:50
i know double post but if anyone else has asteroids i strongly reccomend it i even got into the gameplay and it works just fine and can anyone explain why in spyro the dragon when it say's checking for mem.cards it never get's past that screen. and in crash bandicoot warped it get's stuck on the menu strange. well yoshi keep up the good work i'm rootin for you.

Deshevy
November 21st, 2006, 01:29
Chrono Trigger runs really slow
Silent hill runs really slow
megaman x5 runs really slow

gtgpeople
November 21st, 2006, 01:30
can anyone tell me how to rip the game off the cd and play it on the psp. i have no clue how to do this. i tried a couple of times but it would not boot :( can anyone explain does not have to be long just a quick guide would be nice

Deshevy
November 21st, 2006, 01:55
use isoproducer to rip the cd into the iso format its the easiest and quickest
the progam is freeware so just look in google

Cho Aniki
November 21st, 2006, 02:00
Einhänder runs pretty good , intro works , ingame graphics looks good the emu just needs a bit more speed:)

gtgpeople
November 21st, 2006, 02:30
well i tried to use iso producer and no luck the program crashs on me everytime i start it. also what is the difference between a ps1 cd and a psx cd b/c i have both type of cd and dont remember which is which

CaptainMorgan4
November 21st, 2006, 02:48
Thanks alot Deshevy & Watupgroupie I'm going to go and try isoproducer now!

CaptainMorgan4
November 21st, 2006, 02:56
In the plugin what should I make the interface? I know I have windows xp and it says 2 things for xp scci commands? or raw something?

CaptainMorgan4
November 21st, 2006, 03:20
Okay I changed the bios and now I can get the Sony logo thing to come up when I hit "o" but I just get a black screen when I try Nascar 2000 or RE:2 (Leon). Is it possible that my discs are the problem that the game isn't playing? I'm trying a different game soon, but I just get a black screen when trying to play the games. Can someone please help me, maybe tell me the plugin settings I should have when using ISO Producer. Please if someone could please help me I'd appreciate it alot. I'm very educated in other homebrew it's just ISO's and PSX emulation is new to me.

Deshevy
November 21st, 2006, 09:47
Iso Producer settings
Interface: w2k/xp scsi commands
choose correct hard drive
Read mode: use auto detect
cacheing mode: use smooth read for 100% drive efficency
and dont read subchannels
Then pop in psx game and make iso

Deshevy
November 21st, 2006, 11:38
legend of mana- works slow looks nice
Rayman 2 -doesnt load
Crash Bandicoot 2-doesnt load
Crash Bandicoot 3-doesnt load
Breath of fire 4-doesnt load
Vagrant Story-doesnt load
Castlevania chronicles-doesnt load
Final fantasy origins-runs really slow and is buggy
Final Fantasy tactics-runs jumpy and slow
Metal Slug X-doesnt load
Nuclear Strike-stops at start
One-doesnt load
RayStorm -fastest game i tried yet about 10 fps
Wipeout xl-turns off psp
Every game i got working was really jumpy if the emulator didnt lag at set intervals some of these games would be playable..........

Tinnus
November 21st, 2006, 17:06
## Not Yet But Soon : -DPSP_DYNAREC
Oh that explains it. It's a placeholder.

:rolleyes:

CaptainMorgan4
November 21st, 2006, 18:18
Thanks a bunch Deshevy it's nice to find someone that will actually help. I'm usually the one helping others so it's wierd being on the other side. I know everything except this ISO stuff so, but I have one more question if you'de be so kind. I downloaded a backup to my PSX game Tomba! It came in 6 parts (all winrar files) and inside every file it looks like this:

Tomba.ccd......Size 789
Tomba.img......Size 280,193,760
Tomba.sub......Size 11,436,480

Now they all have these three ^^ things and the sizes match in all but the "packed" sizes are different. What should I do to get it to be an ISO or whatever so I can play it? I'm making a new RE2 as we speak with the new plug-in settings so we'll see how it goes. After it's done just throw the file into my ISO folder right, I don't have to do anything after that?

Edited: OMG RE2 works that's just crazy! Thanks alot Deshevy I do think it was my settings for the plugin that had me not getting past the SCE logo. I'm confident in making ISO's now I just need to get this Tomba downloading stuff working now!

Deshevy
November 21st, 2006, 18:29
Converting the cd image files into an iso is rough to do
I havent managed to get the conversion to work properly.
But if you want to try you can use alcohol 120 or magicIso but i dont think its going to work.
Its alot easier to get the iso using iso producer with the ps1 cd cuz the files tend to corrupt when you mess oround with converting other formats.
sweet I never knew it could play .img files
gotta try star ocean 2

JD/
November 21st, 2006, 18:30
psx-p can load .img files just like a normal iso.

CaptainMorgan4
November 21st, 2006, 18:33
Oh word then I should just put that .img file in there? According to the compatability list RE2 only gets to the menu but I'm into the opening movie scene as we speak, and it's still going. I hope it makes it to gameplay!

CaptainMorgan4
November 21st, 2006, 18:51
Omg I'm into gameplay and I can actually play!

Mr.Denny
November 21st, 2006, 18:58
Alright, gonna try this baby out now. :)

Good to see he released the source also! ;)

CaptainMorgan4
November 21st, 2006, 19:22
I died asap first try, I left hold on and didn't hit it quick enough and I got attacked. I'll try again.

Accordion
November 21st, 2006, 19:26
hmm, there is progress, and im grateful...but it seems the documentation does not apply to this build

no memory card or save state?

im not complaining, but it isnt correct information

animekid4
November 21st, 2006, 22:49
does anyone know why the ISOs take up so much space?

porchemasi
November 21st, 2006, 23:14
because they are backups of entire cd-r 650-700mb

animekid4
November 21st, 2006, 23:15
ok...................even though i didnt understand what u said ill rely on it

CaptainMorgan4
November 21st, 2006, 23:16
I have gotten far in Tomba! and I would like to save, but it doesn't read for a memory card how can I save? It says there's savestates so how do I do it?

edit: I see it's "L+R+START" to savestate.

JD/
November 21st, 2006, 23:21
hold L and R and press start to savestate also hold L and R an press select to load savestate.

tuta
November 22nd, 2006, 00:34
Tried it but I cant save any games keeps tellin me memory card not inserted properly
savestates very slow and FF tactics aint 2/3 the speed as stated in the psxp compat list more like 1/5 of speed

regardless FF tactics look beautiful on mah psp so keep up the good work yoshi cant wait for a better release with double the speed so I can play FFT

CaptainMorgan4
November 22nd, 2006, 03:56
Does anyone know when Yoshi plans on adding the Dynarec engine? I have gotten far into RE2 but for some reason I can't find the button to shoot. I've tried everything, I can't find the button to like aim the gun, it must be R2 which doesn't work. It says R2 is the "music note" button but it's not working for me, any help?

animekid4
November 22nd, 2006, 04:58
Tried it but I cant save any games keeps tellin me memory card not inserted properly
savestates very slow and FF tactics aint 2/3 the speed as stated in the psxp compat list more like 1/5 of speed

regardless FF tactics look beautiful on mah psp so keep up the good work yoshi cant wait for a better release with double the speed so I can play FFT

Heh....u and I must have different versions cause mine still wont work.>.<.......I wanna play it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo bad:( :( :( :(It wont even start......

CaptainMorgan4
November 22nd, 2006, 05:18
Try backing your copy up, that is if you haven't already. If so then go download a different one.

CaptainMorgan4
November 22nd, 2006, 19:09
Can anyone help me with aiming the gun in RE2, what's the button for aiming it on PSX I forget. It has to be R2 because the music note button isn't working for me (as R2, it does NOTHING). I could get far into RE2 but I have to run by all the zombies, I got as far as a little past the bus and that's it.

CaptainMorgan4
November 23rd, 2006, 05:01
I played Tomba! today for like 2 hours it was still fun, I got really far and my save feature works great! Even after deleteing the ISO off the memory card the savestate still works after putting the ISO back on. Anyway can someone still help me with my RE2 problem? (look at the post above)

Joe100517
November 23rd, 2006, 05:47
I don't really know how to help you out, CaptainMorgan4... but when you're running the games how good are they playing? Is it slow, but playable with patience or like... really bad, because most of them weren't really working....

CaptainMorgan4
November 23rd, 2006, 18:39
RE2 isn't all that bad really, graphics are 100% it's just slow. Speed is very nice compared to other ISO's I just wish I could play, since I can't shoot any zombies it's hard to stay alive. Tomba! is slower but with alot of patience it can be done. I was very surprised at how long the emulator hold up though, I left it on for like 2 hours and came back and it was fine. The savestate works great, I'm trying Metal Slug X now but it's not working. If you have this game also Joe could you make an ISO and throw it my way I can see if it works for me?

ps. Joe what psx games do you have?

Mr. Cholo
November 23rd, 2006, 19:37
hey any one know if this will mess up my dev hook cuz the last version messed up my devhook

Jpdeathblade
November 23rd, 2006, 19:57
My dechook got all scewy too but i never downloaded this sorry =/

As for Resident Evil 2 R1 lifts your arm and x is to shoot while your aim is raised.
I am actually going to try this now as I thought, o this will be like before but I can see that Re2 works now =P

EDIT: Great Work everyone, I love this i can play my fav game!!!
PS for some reason R1 dosent work... I cant raise the gun in RE2. So i think this is a problem in the emulator

hlide
November 23rd, 2006, 22:05
CaptainMorgan4 :
----------------------
Please check my binary and tell me if R2 is okay :
http://hlide.free.fr/download/PSP/psxp-L2+R2.zip

don't forget to put your bios (schp1001.bin or schp7502.bin) in ms0:/PSX/bios and rename it as "bios.bin".

When you read "bios.bin loaded." press X to go on.

EDIT: i'm testing my PAD1 code and added L2+R2 handling, so I just want to know if you can play with because I have no psx games which needs L2 and R2.

Malksta
November 23rd, 2006, 22:42
They are dummy files, no prob

Mr. Cholo
November 23rd, 2006, 23:04
its still pretty slow but sum games are still playable, it did get somewhat faster than the last version

hlide
November 23rd, 2006, 23:43
are you speaking about the binary i released ? so L2 and R2 work well as they must do ? I'm doubtful it runs faster since I don't change anything else PAD1 code and I'm very doubtful my PAD1 code will speedup everything globally (time passed on PAD1 code is nothing compared to the rest).

CaptainMorgan4
November 24th, 2006, 01:42
Hlide I downloaded that file you put in your last post but the bios and the schp1001.bin and schp7502.bin were nothing. They all have a filesize of 0kb? It's wierd could you post it again? I'm still not sure what your doing, what did you do edit the bios so the analog stick is the movement and the dpad is the R2,L2, & combo?

November 24th, 2006, 02:52
omg, thank you soo much. It is my dream to play ff7 on my psp and on the last emulator it went green and stupid. I'll test and try to remember to post my results. THANK YOU YOSHIRO

Ohh yeah.... the sony emulator kinda blows. you have to have a ps3...................................

hlide
November 24th, 2006, 03:51
Hlide I downloaded that file you put in your last post but the bios and the schp1001.bin and schp7502.bin were nothing. They all have a filesize of 0kb? It's wierd could you post it again? I'm still not sure what your doing, what did you do edit the bios so the analog stick is the movement and the dpad is the R2,L2, & combo?
i cannot release the true bios, you must have oneof two scph1001.bin (JA) or scph7502 (US) and rename it bios.bin in ms0:/psx/bios.

hlide
November 24th, 2006, 03:58

and this a recompiled version where i change the code to emulate a PAD1 and handle analog pad as well to emulate L2 and R2 using analog pad the same way SONY PS1 "emulator" does.

what you just need is :
- to backup your previous ms0:/psp/game/psxp and ms0:/psp/game/psxp%
- to unzip my archive to the root of ms0:/
- to add you true bios in ms0:/psx/bios/ and rename it bios.bin.
- to launch psxp.

Don't forget to press X after the message "bios.bin loaded." to go on.

aries2k4
November 24th, 2006, 04:14
Sounds good hlide. lol, you found time to tweak this emu.

CaptainMorgan4
November 24th, 2006, 04:24
I have the PSX bios the schp1001.bin (I thought it was US, everything comes up in english?) but I'm unsure what your saying I should do. I'm going to try it anyway, I'll see what happens.

After Attempt: I'm incredibly confused/frustrated I'm unsure what your saying to do, you said "to unzip my archive to the root of ms0:/" when your zip folder basically contains NOTHING, all it's files are 0kb so wtf?

hlide
November 24th, 2006, 05:05
I have the PSX bios the schp1001.bin (I thought it was US, everything comes up in english?) but I'm unsure what your saying I should do. I'm going to try it anyway, I'll see what happens.

After Attempt: I'm incredibly confused/frustrated I'm unsure what your saying to do, you said "to unzip my archive to the root of ms0:/" when your zip folder basically contains NOTHING, all it's files are 0kb so wtf?

nope, i check my archive : it is okay.

but when you unziped all, you must then replace the fake bios.bin (0 Kb) by the true one (512KB) that you have at home. As I already told I cannot put the real bios and release since it is illegal

hlide
November 24th, 2006, 05:10
and please be sure not to erase the previous directoties psxp and psxp% because my archive just replace both eboots so you need other files. Just take the bios you can find in ms0:/psp/game/psxp/bios and copy it in ms0:/psx/bios/ to replace the fake bios.bin.

hlide
November 24th, 2006, 05:11
Sounds good hlide. lol, you found time to tweak this emu.

L2 and R2 works ?

CaptainMorgan4
November 24th, 2006, 05:44
Alright I think I finally got what you were saying and I'm trying it now.

CaptainMorgan4
November 24th, 2006, 05:54
Alright I'm not sure if I had the setup right so I'm going to go over what I had done.

MS/PSX/BIOS/bios.bin (512kb) (was my scph1001.bin, but renamed it like you said)

MS/PSP/GAME/PSXP/ISO/RE2
MS/PSP/Game/%PSXP

Then I ran the emulator and clicked x when the thing came up, everything came on fine but I couldn't move with the analog still had to use the dpad, the controls didn't change. The PSXP folders in game were your eboots to. I don't know?

Ps. Should I have the scph1001 bios, is that the Japanese one because everything is in english, should I use the other one? Is the other one US?

hlide
November 24th, 2006, 06:02
Alright I'm not sure if I had the setup right so I'm going to go over what I had done.

MS/PSX/BIOS/bios.bin (512kb) (was my scph1001.bin, but renamed it like you said)

MS/PSP/GAME/PSXP/ISO/RE2
MS/PSP/Game/%PSXP

Then I ran the emulator and clicked x when the thing came up, everything came on fine but I couldn't move with the analog still had to use the dpad, the controls didn't change. The PSXP folders in game were your eboots to. I don't know?

you should really read the file readme.txt :

to do a L2 : you must use analog pad left
to do a R2 : you must use analog pad right
to do a L2+R2 : you must use analog pad up

so if you want to do R2, just use analog pad right.

I never say that analog pad may be used as a d-pad.

CaptainMorgan4
November 24th, 2006, 06:20
Oh my bad I just stated it wrong, I did that and it didn't work for me, but all the files were put in right?

hlide
November 24th, 2006, 06:33
Oh my bad I just stated it wrong, I did that and it didn't work for me, but all the files were put in right?

oh yes i think i knwo why it doesn't work, it seems I forget to reverse the bits states for L2 and R2... well i will have a look on it after work.

Please forget this archive, it needs a bug-fix.

CaptainMorgan4
November 24th, 2006, 06:41
No problem we'll try tomorrow or whatever, but is there any way you can make it so I don't have to re-arrange my files to try your version? Somehow just make it so I have to change the eboots or something?

Joe100517
November 24th, 2006, 18:20
The savestate works great, I'm trying Metal Slug X now but it's not working. If you have this game also Joe could you make an ISO and throw it my way I can see if it works for me?

ps. Joe what psx games do you have?

I don't have MSX... I do have all of my old playstation games though, I never got rid of any of them. Most of them are RPGs.. Final Fantasy(s), Tales of Destiny, Star Ocean... stuff like that.

CaptainMorgan4
November 24th, 2006, 18:24
You don't happen to have Tomba 2 do you?

jimyugbob
November 24th, 2006, 19:58
what eboot loader should i use for v2.00 so that I can use iso's

jimyugbob
November 24th, 2006, 19:59
with this psxp

Joe100517
November 24th, 2006, 20:47
You don't happen to have Tomba 2 do you?

Nope, sorry.

CaptainMorgan4
November 24th, 2006, 23:50
Thanks anyway Joe, Jimy you should downgrade to a 1.5 psp. And to Hlide I sent you the RE2 link, go check your PM's.

CaptainMorgan4
November 25th, 2006, 19:58
Just let me be the first person to get that build Hlide, got to go but I'll be back in a few hours.

googy
November 26th, 2006, 05:50
i prefer the new one

mike03$$$
November 26th, 2006, 08:21
smackdown 1 does not load just a black screen

javz3
November 28th, 2006, 22:15
how do you play da games??? how do you even install da damn thing????

is der a tutorial???

jonezybaby
December 8th, 2006, 14:39
view read me file

Flare1748
December 9th, 2006, 06:00
hmmm....should there be any sound or no? since i got no sound when i run final fantasy VIII on it. or do i need to put a plug in or somethin also.

Steven Valentine
December 9th, 2006, 11:49
Do you like Final Fantasy?

Hugo360
December 12th, 2006, 23:55
Ok, i've test it and i can put it in my psp....but....when i try to start the psx-p mode it says that i have corrupted files...sorry if there is some mistakes, that's because i'm portuguese

Jedi Crash
December 17th, 2006, 17:05
How Do U Get This 2 Work!!!!!!!
Where Do I Put It In The Psp

Mini Moose
October 16th, 2007, 23:02
Isn't there a good PSX emulator that runs games more than 10fps?

xg917
October 16th, 2007, 23:36
really old thread....

yes there is a better psx emulator, sony's psx emu

unstoppable_96
October 19th, 2007, 03:52
I just use 3.40 OE-A with Popstaion :D