PDA

View Full Version : PSP Fedora Shell (WIP)

gunntims0103
November 20th, 2006, 06:32
so iv started coding my clone of PSP Ferdora. Its based off of fedora linux for the ps3. It will be more like a shell/app for the psp. Where you can access your homebrew, listen to music, and view pics. If you can do this all through Lua of course.

What i need

-images of fedora (start screens,app indexs,options)

any help on this project would be very appreciated

im hoping on having a beta or release out tommorrow

keep you posted

kiore
November 20th, 2006, 06:38
looks nice i'll try it

Vangar
November 20th, 2006, 06:41
I dont want to rain on your parade, but a port cant be 'coded', that wouldn't be a port, that would be a clone. and LUA wont be very suitable for a clone OS. Sorry.

gunntims0103
November 20th, 2006, 06:43
I dont want to rain on your parade, but a port cant be 'coded', that wouldn't be a port, that would be a clone. and LUA wont be very suitable for a clone OS. Sorry.

yes your right it is a clone i changed the first post. Iv seen a clone or shell done in lua before so it isnt inpossible im looking at the code of one now to learn more and do fedora shell

weirdelf
November 20th, 2006, 08:16
What i need

keep you posted
I found a page on Fedora Core Linux which has some images,
http://linux-noob.com/review/fedora/fcrh/#intro

The_Ultimate_Eggman
November 20th, 2006, 10:13
What i need

keep you posted

Great work dude will this be a full replacment os and be able to run our homebrew via this and will it feature video playback ? also if you need any beta testers pm me am more than willingg have done it before for coders :).

jimjamjahaa
November 20th, 2006, 15:16
has anyone noticed the rather glaring irony of having to update to the latest firmware in order to connect to the ps3?

splodger15
November 20th, 2006, 15:59
Nice work Gunntims0103

cant wait for a release

nielsss
November 20th, 2006, 17:24
same can wait until release

gunntims0103
November 20th, 2006, 17:29
same can wait until release

thanx again guys. I have s34mu5 working on the gfx graphics so that should be good. Il be bac later im going o school.

scarph
November 20th, 2006, 17:32
its just a silly shell
i mean cute concept
but itd be good if you could get actual fedora on a psp
not a picture of it

aCoL
November 20th, 2006, 17:33
this is going to awsome i love you :)

even tho its a shell its cool ^-^

splodger15
November 20th, 2006, 17:46
its just a silly shell
i mean cute concept
but itd be good if you could get actual fedora on a psp
not a picture of it

If you have nothing better to say dont say it at all

jimjamjahaa
November 20th, 2006, 18:37
If you have nothing better to say dont say it at all
people like you really really drag everything down to a much lower level

he said nothing aggressive or inflammatory. lets see

"its just a silly shell" 100% true
"cute concept" a positive remark
"good if you could get real fedora, not a picture of it" perfectly legit comment. a real fedora install would be rather difficult being as the psp has so little ram, but nehoo

this has been done at least a half dozen times before. now that they are cloning the gnome UI its somehow going to be super awesome? i think not.

and then you come along with your utterly useless redundant post and its like nails on a chalk board to me.

edit: and no one has yet commented on my original post lol

splodger15
November 20th, 2006, 18:47
people like you really really drag everything down to a much lower level

In what way

Oh and its people like you who update the psps then demand a downgrader to be released

Zion
November 20th, 2006, 18:56
less of the fighting please guys

judas_coach
November 20th, 2006, 20:22
Well well well... looks like this ancient screenshot of Fedora Core 3 is coming in handy :D . I took this screenshot after I had lost my patience with Linux and it's concept of "Free Programmin', Free Lovin'!" Sorry it couldn't have been a better shot but that's the only one I ever took of Fedora Core.
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5408/bahahahahahahafedoratg9.jpg

However.. here is a great site for your image needs. It contains the new great-looking FC6 splash logos and what not. Heres a sample: http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc6graphics/fc6grub-splash.png

Like what you see? Here's the whole site: Fedora Core 6 Graphics (http://people.redhat.com/dfong/fc6graphics/) :thumbup:

gunntims0103
November 20th, 2006, 20:41
^ now thats alwsome.......... i can see this is gonna come in handy :thumbup:

wow guys dont fight and flame if anyone doesnt have anything nice to say then dont say it. Even though i do appreciate some comstructive critcisem <- (dont think that was spelled right lol)

-yes its a good shell
-yea its a clone
-yes its a "cute" concept

people who flame me just discourage me to do anything :(

Ocean19
November 21st, 2006, 00:14
Looks good GunnTim. I can't wait for this to be released. I'll definately be trying out the beta. Anyways, good luck with this!:thumbup: