PDA

View Full Version : Sony's New PSP Push

wraggster
November 20th, 2006, 18:30
Via Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/psp/sonys-new-psp-push-216006.php)

Now that the Playstation 3 is out the door, Sony is refocusing some of their energy on getting people to buy their somewhat forgotten Playstation Portable this holiday season.

The marketing campaign includes a new television spot, bulked up PSP Spot download stations, an online ad campaign and a second big-ass PSP billboard, this one located in Las Vegas.

I caught the new Find Me ad on television last night and I kinda thought it sucked. It was way too short, almost as if they had chopped it up to save on airtime, and didn't touch on gaming at all.

I know the PSP is a multimedia device, but Sony better start selling video and music content for it before they try to use that as a selling point.

Fortunately, Sony didn't completely forget about gaming. As of January, just in time for missing the holidays, there will be more than 6,000 PSP download stations at retailers around the country.

The spots are currently loaded with a smörgåsbord of content:

Demos
-- Outrun
-- Worms
-- Dungeon Siege
-- MLB 2006
-- Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins
-- Lumines 2
-- Every Extended Extra
-- MX vs ATV
-- Race Driver 2006
-- Daxter

Game Trailers
-- NFL Street 3
-- Bounty Hounds
-- LocoRoco
-- Lemmings

Videos
-- PSP Greatest Hits
-- PSP Educational

Game Sharing
-- Lemmings
-- Lumines 2
-- Every Extended Extra
-- LocoRoco

You owe it to yourself to check out the demos for Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins, Every Extended Extra, Daxter and Lumines 2 at the very least.

Screen Via Comments

pob-pnuk
November 20th, 2006, 18:33
would you keep the content you downloaded or not?

Airdevil
November 20th, 2006, 18:55
would you keep the content you downloaded or not?

im guessing all of them except the game sharing.

TCLCloud
November 20th, 2006, 19:16
Yeah, which means its only a short time till they appear on the net hopefully....

pob-pnuk
November 20th, 2006, 19:59
Yeah, which means its only a short time till they appear on the net hopefully....
cool

buildit92
November 20th, 2006, 20:05
yea it should come out on the net soon. but lets hope homebrew users wont have to update.

Emeriastone
November 20th, 2006, 20:15
Well as soon as I can pilgrimage to a PSP spot I'll figure out if I want to keep content.

TCLCloud
November 20th, 2006, 20:30
I've used ones on the UK but nothing was saveable, i'll keep trying though.....

blackrave
November 20th, 2006, 21:41
Smørgåsbord? :P
This is quite good, but for me only if they set up spots here in Norway as well. That would be awesome.

SpooForBrains
November 20th, 2006, 22:03
I've used ones on the UK but nothing was saveable, i'll keep trying though.....

Where in the UK? Which shop?