PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Goes On Sale, Japan Buys DS Games

wraggster
November 20th, 2006, 18:33
Can you believe it? Software for a console with a less than one game attachment rate was flattened by the money-printing DS. The portable's adult common sense training game (yes, we've moved on from brain games!) was the biggest seller, followed by Pokémon Diamond, the new DS Kirby game, Pokeémon Pearl and the Kanji Kentei kanji study game. DS titles continue straight through until the PS3's Ridge Racer 7 comes in at number 9. To put things in perspective, the biggest DS title sold four times the biggest PS3 title during the week of the hardware's launch. Of course, DS games don't net much on Yahoo! Auctions. Then again, neither do PS3 games.

via kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ds/ps3-goes-on-sale-japan-buys-ds-games-215939.php)

mcvader
November 20th, 2006, 18:53
There isn't enough PS3's out there yet to have any best selling games, give it a year.

Payk
November 21st, 2006, 10:19
^^heheh i dont think so...
FF3/Pokemon/Animal crossing have already been more sold then best 3 ps2 titles.
Ps3 is much more expensive and i am sure, developing a game, coded for 8 cpu cores on such a sony hardware (sony is known for hws which arent easy to dev for) costs much money too.

So if the wii launches better (i really guess) then software houses have to make a ("hard") decision.
Should say dev for less selling ps3, which costs more to dev for (more time, more money for licenses) or for the wii (allmost same devkits like gc, less expenisve licenses, more units sold (i guess))

I am pretty sure that there are A LOT more zelda fans out there then metal gear solid ones. Wii will come out before x-mas...

There isn't enough PS3's out there yet to have any best selling games, give it a year.
I will give it a year, same as i gave psp a year :D