PDA

View Full Version : Deviant Flash for 2.80!

MonkeyBoy1916
November 20th, 2006, 23:02
http://www.deviantpsp.com/screenshots/[31]bg.JPG
With the new ability to flash files onto a 2.80 PSP, kid101skater ( a.k.a Kevin ) of DeviantPSP (www.deviantpsp.com) has succesfully made his Deviant Flash application compatible with 2.80. Now this Flash Editing application works on 1.50/2.71SE/2.80. Of course with the new flashing abilty on 2.80 you should be very careful as its not stable yet.

It will flash the files if they are on the root of your memory stick, the program will do a check for those files, if the file you want flashed is not there it will show an error message then exit back to the XMB.

No New features were added yet, just support for the xLoader on 2.80.

Current Features: Flash a Gameboot Flash Font Flash 01.bmpFeatures to Come: Ability to flash all Wallpapers Flash Dumper

Warning: This can BRICK your PSP if used incorrectly, please be careful when editing the Flash.

Note: If anything happens to your PSP because of this app, Kevin, DeviantPSP (www.deviantpsp.com), nor DCEmu is to blame, you used it at your own risk. Also, for 2.80 support it only works via xLoader, no eLoader.

[Via DeviantPSP (www.deviantpsp.com)]

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

kid101skater
November 20th, 2006, 23:10
Yay Im Doing Soo Good :)

Emeriastone
November 20th, 2006, 23:26
Tight. Looking forward to seeing what else can be written to 2.80 flash0...

kid101skater
November 20th, 2006, 23:30
Currently working on a dump .... :)

Project.funky
November 20th, 2006, 23:30
:\ no sure if its safe anothe to give it a go :(

aries2k4
November 20th, 2006, 23:32
Looking good for 2.80 users.
Nice work.

kid101skater
November 20th, 2006, 23:46
Thanks guys... im glad to see you like it.. ive been working hard and u should see some improvements soon :)

Veskgar
November 21st, 2006, 00:09
Thanks guys... im glad to see you like it.. ive been working hard and u should see some improvements soon :)
This is great project. Thank you for taking the time to develop and improve this.

Ihavenolife
November 21st, 2006, 00:18
Seeing as you made it, Kevin, is there any guide for it somewhere? I've not been one to ever put my PSP in a situation where it could get bricked, so if you believe it's a bit unstable than I'll wait til the next version comes out.

crypysmoker
November 21st, 2006, 00:30
i am extremly scared of bricking my psp because i just dont have the money to get a new one..

Kevin.. or anyone who has used this.. is it safe a slong as we use the correct files?? or is there still a chance I woul dhave to flush my psp afterwards

kid101skater
November 21st, 2006, 00:43
so far on all the psp's i have used it has done it successfully. make sure u put the files in the root. the only thing that a problem is i cant determain max file size yet. that should be figured out soon and hopefully not that long. but for a clue.. i got dumping working for next version. just make sure u got like ms0:/gameboot.pmf u know what im saying. keep files in the root

pt9087
November 21st, 2006, 01:26
Im Not Sure On This, I Think I Will Wait A Few Days To See If Anyone Bricks There PSP Then I May Try It. But Good Work Kid101.

XpspX
November 21st, 2006, 01:27
I am also afraid of making my psp a shiny paper weight. How does this write a gameboot?

MonkeyBoy1916
November 21st, 2006, 01:34
I am also afraid of making my psp a shiny paper weight. How does this write a gameboot?

Simple, take the gameboot, make sure its called gameboot.pmf, then put it on the root of your PSP, go into Deviant Flash from either the game menu on 1.50/2.71SE or xLoader on 2.80, once your at the menu press X to flash the gameboot and thats all, once its done you should be prompted and then it will be flashed and working. Just make sure the gameboot isnt over 1mb, then everything will work fine.

kid101skater
November 21st, 2006, 01:36
u shouldnt have to worry. example lets say u try to flash a gamboot.tif it will say error and exit u safly. if the file isnt there.. it will exit u saftly. its nice :)

XpspX
November 21st, 2006, 02:05
Kid101, thanks for the (somewhat) safe approach to gameboots on 2.8

and MonkeyBoy thanks for the reply ^_^

alot of help you guys are.

buildit92
November 21st, 2006, 02:40
im going to wait until a more stable version comes out and have anyone tryed this already so we know it work?

Destroyer699
November 21st, 2006, 02:43
Nice.

crypysmoker
November 21st, 2006, 03:17
I can confirm that flashing a Background does work.

I took a nice black one with bluse blotches on it, named it o1.bmp and flashed it over. the resource folder backgrounds say 64kb each, and the one I flashed over was 1Mb and it still worked. I had to turn off wallpapers, set the background I flashed and reboot and it worked.
I really want to try a gameboot but I am scared

kando
November 21st, 2006, 03:22
fear is what will save you from brickage.

lack of fear creates bricks. and i've already see 3 created due to flash0 access in 2.80.

BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID. :)

crypysmoker
November 21st, 2006, 04:13
ok, I have now flashed the slice and blood prince of persia gameboot and it works.

I was so scared that I bascily closed my eyes and pressed thet button.
But I figured as long as kid said it was working also witht he error that keeps ot from flashging a wrong file.

So I just tried a background and a gameboot that had allready worked for psp personalize and been formated to be the right size.
So I can confirm that as long as you use the right files it works perfectly fine :)
The only things i reall yhated about my psp were the ;ack of personalization.. and this fixed it alonf with the fota hack ;)

snuffster
November 21st, 2006, 05:12
may wait till update comes out befor i tell my bro about this seems a bit to dangerous for him
just woderin
Has anyone brick there sony yet???

camwilson04
November 21st, 2006, 05:32
worked, awsome.. lol held my breath, first time said error, shit my self so tried agian and worked, love it thank you..keep up the homebrew lol.. seems pretty hard to brick your psp, just follow the instructions- put in root then flash, what is the purpose of the backround - can i have a black sony 1 -like ps3?

Birdman2078
November 21st, 2006, 06:56
Gameboot= Make sure the file is names gameboot.pmf and it is placed in the Root of the memory stick

Font= Make sure the ltn0.pgf file is in the root of your memory stick.

Wallpaper= Name a bitmap file 01.bmp, 02.bmp, so on and place it in the Root.

camwilson04
November 21st, 2006, 08:09
ok, i have done the custom backround and it works - ignore last post :), but some logos are just white
i have included 2 pics to show what i mean -
[picture one (http://www.adam.com.au/cwilson/Image006.jpg)
Picture two (http://www.adam.com.au/cwilson/Image007.jpg)
bad flash or ment to happan?

froggie22
November 21st, 2006, 11:06
ok, I have now flashed the slice and blood prince of persia gameboot and it works.

I was so scared that I bascily closed my eyes and pressed thet button.
But I figured as long as kid said it was working also witht he error that keeps ot from flashging a wrong file.

So I just tried a background and a gameboot that had allready worked for psp personalize and been formated to be the right size.
So I can confirm that as long as you use the right files it works perfectly fine :)
The only things i reall yhated about my psp were the ;ack of personalization.. and this fixed it alonf with the fota hack ;)

can you please give met he link to that gameboot or is that not aloud. were do i find them? and were do i find the blackground? sorry if i shouldnt be asking

froggie22
November 21st, 2006, 11:24
F*** yeh it works!! i now have slice and blood prince of persia gameboot and it works!!

when ever i try to flash a plain blck bmp file over it alwais says gameboot not found. im pressing the O button for the wallpaper but?? need help

edota
November 21st, 2006, 21:52
brick me getting it broken right?! :|...holy ****...i dont want that to happen to my PSP...my PSP is sacred...its so special to me like when Kenny got the PSP in the episode of Southpark :P boy..that was funny! XD

edota
November 21st, 2006, 21:53
brick means**

splodger15
November 21st, 2006, 21:59
^ ^
It means part of your nand flash is corrupt thus rendering the psp useless

MBaller20
November 21st, 2006, 23:05
I just got a brilliant idea. Why not make an installer so no one screws up and bricks their psp. It would make many people very happy!

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 22nd, 2006, 02:09
wait, when did we get kernal access?? i think i missed something

crypysmoker
November 22nd, 2006, 02:11
ok.. as a total newbie to psp hacking... and this being the first "dangorous" thing I have ever done to my psp..
I promise you all..

If you have a correct size and named gameboot.pmf or wallpaper 01.bmp... this will work fime.

Hell, I even screwed up and used a wallpaper that was over 1Mb, and yet a slong as I set it, then reboot my psp it works fine.
I have now gone though 4 gameboots to find the one I liek ands they have all worked fine

froggie22
November 22nd, 2006, 07:38
how do i get a wallpaper to work on it? i click on wallpaper and it says gameboot not found and just auto turns off. do i need to flash a gameboot and a wallpaper at the same time?

EDIT: dw got it now =) great app cheers for it. flashed a plain black background and didnt get and white block icons..

bigdaddychops
November 22nd, 2006, 19:59
noob alert, but what is a game boot? i have been away from the scene for a while, and i am lost.

I_hate_firmware
November 23rd, 2006, 00:16
I'll try this now.

I_hate_firmware
November 23rd, 2006, 00:38
Oh, im so relieved. I thought for sure that it would brick. But it worked just as well as it did with theme psp for 1.50.

MBaller20
November 23rd, 2006, 01:02
can anyone make an installer for this please. I am very afraid of bricking my psp if i do this wrong.

I_hate_firmware
November 23rd, 2006, 02:52
it's easy to set up. just make sure you set it up right according to the instructions.

LilSwish722
November 23rd, 2006, 05:56
haha ive waited soooo long for a 2.80 flash writer or eloader and they finally got here within a week of each other...KEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Birdman2078
November 23rd, 2006, 08:35
Almost done with Version 2 :)

MBaller20
November 23rd, 2006, 13:56
awesome! are you going to include an installer with that?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 23rd, 2006, 15:59
when did we get kernal access?

Project.funky
November 23rd, 2006, 16:36
we haven't got kernel access we have the ability to write to flash thats it

carlitx
November 23rd, 2006, 16:54
kik ass man!

keefurxxcore
November 23rd, 2006, 19:47
can you load iso's with this?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 24th, 2006, 01:00
OMG SHUT UP U RETARD, U CANT TALk ABOUT, HINT ABOUT, OR SAY THE WORD ISO HERE

Cloudhunter
November 24th, 2006, 01:08
OMG SHUT UP U RETARD, U CANT TALk ABOUT, HINT ABOUT, OR SAY THE WORD ISO HERE

Seriously stop your flaming...

XpspX
November 24th, 2006, 19:34
Almost done with Version 2 :)

This is great news! :thumbup:

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 25th, 2006, 02:55
i have a right to flame at some stuff

froggie22
November 26th, 2006, 13:41
So when will version 2 be ready?

carboycam
November 28th, 2006, 16:50
Yeah, when will v2 be out. v1 is great but I really would like new features. Top of my list is probably renaming the XMB. Second, probably bootsounds.

P.S. If you copy the file that creates the waves on the themes, to flash1 with your custom wallpaper (wallpaper.bmp), will your wallpaper have wavy lines?

Birdman2078
December 8th, 2006, 04:19
Go to ww.Deviantpsp.com V2 will be out by Monday (hopefully) With XMB name changing :D

loko732
January 26th, 2007, 15:07
how do i put the game but file on to my 3.03 psp??????????????????????????????????????????????: confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: plz help meh

AvengedSevenfold Fan
January 26th, 2007, 20:45
lol, dude, u can not use any homebrew at all with a psp past version 2.80. if u wait and dont upgrade, there will eventually be something out.

carlitx
January 26th, 2007, 20:50
amazing that ppl are doing stuff for 2.80 but wouldnt it be better to work on 3.03 OE stuff cause i think if u have a 2.80 ur probly after downgrading by now. but still awsom work dude