PDA

View Full Version : Super Mini Halo Alpha

Jpdeathblade
November 21st, 2006, 02:38
From http://xpmax.cjb.net

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce Super Mini Halo Alpha (or SMH 1.5). As you know we worked on this and we got a pritty sold build. There are nine levels and the beta level. That is about all I can tell you =P you will have to play the game for yourself.
Here is some more stuff from the readme:

--------------------------------
| Xp Max Productions Presents: |
| Super Mini Halo |
--------------------------------

This is a Halo mod for the game Super Mini Mario. All the folders are changed so you can have this with other mini mario games (except games that are SMH like super mini homer).

- Custom graphics and music for loadup
- Custom in game graphics based on characters from halo, Custom levels, and fully playable on just about every version of the psp! Please visit our fourms ( http://xpmax.cjb.net ) and donate to help us put out the next version of SMH, or something even better!

Enjoy!

Version History:
==================

- Super Mini Halo Version 1.50
- New Levels
- New Graphic Patch
- Fixed 'Turning Cheif' graphic glitch
- Changed ending 'Door' to 'Cortana'
- Changed 'Bush' graphic
- Added 2.71 SE and 1.00 Versions of SMH
- Created SMH Pack containing:
- SMH Version 1.50 for 1.00
- SMH Version 1.50 for 1.50
- SMH Version 1.50 for 2.71
- Eboot Protocall Folder (Icon0 and SND0.AT3)
- Graphic Edit Folder to change characters and backgounds in the game
- New Readme.txt file

- Super Mini Halo Version 1.00
- Added sound effects (wav files).
- Data organised in folders (GFX, LEVELS, MUSIC and SFX)
- Added proper clipping to scrolling offset.
- Short 'Invulnerality' time after master cheif dies (mario flashes).
- ? boxes can be destroyed (still no items implemented, sorry, too busy with other stuff).
- Each 100 coins collected master cheif gets extra life.
- Better "gravity" effect under water (swimming master cheif).
- Other minor enhancements.
- Custom load music and graphics
- Custom monster and player graphics
- Custom background

Notes:
========

- Levels and graphics by Xp Max Productions Devlopment Team
- JpX (aka Bob151jr aka JpDeathBlade)
- X God 0
- Q & 1/2
- Mwr247
- OarsmanofStyx (aka Styx)
- AntiFlagis 2
- XVampireHeart91X
- Red_Name
- i3lueEagle
- FierBoy789
- Double A Ron
- SprintMaster
- RunePownage
- Special Thanks to:
- Bungie for Halo
- Sony for their PSP
- Nintendo for Mario
- PSPSMM.tk for SMM version 3
- Banditmax.com for paying the bills (visit them today, support SMH)
- DcEmu for hosting the game
- Invisionfree for out fourms ( http://xpmax.cjb.net )
- Any SMH fans out there for playing the game.

Controls:
===========

D Pad - Move Master Cheif
X - Jump
UP - Enter Doors
Start - Pause
Select - FREEZES PSP!! To recover hold power up for 5-10 seconds

Installation:
===============

- PSP 1.00
- Extract 'SMH' folder to your 'MS0:/PSP/GAME' directory

- PSP 1.50
- Extract 'SMH' and 'SMH%' folders to your 'MS0:/PSP/GAME' directory, DO NOT change or edit folder or item names or the game will not work.

- PSP 2.71
- Extract 'SMH' folder with graphics/music (without Eboot) to 'Ms0:/PSP/Game' directory. Extract 'SMH' (Eboot only) and 'SMH%' to 'MS0:/PSP/GAME150' directory, DO NOT change or edit folder or item names or the game will not work.

Now for the download links:
====================
Mirror 1 Rar - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8B4PCFL6
Mirror 2 Rar - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TBJDGYVR

Mirror 1 Zip - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XO135WRM
Mirror 2 Zip - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ORANV0X7

Via [Xp Max Productions Fourms (http://xpmax.cjb.net/index.php?showtopic=156)]

hahahaha
November 21st, 2006, 03:16
thanks for workin on this jpdeathblade. im gonna try it right now. :-)

furious.baz
November 21st, 2006, 11:58
Stuck behind a NAT here, that d/l site won't let me get it, any chance of a download from dcemu or something?

Jpdeathblade
November 21st, 2006, 15:25
A download from Dcemu will not be possable for a while as I have to got out on a trip. I also planned on hosting it on Dcemu and on the Xp Max fourms within the next few days.

Anyway, if you find a glitch, something you dont like, or find that the game is too easy please let me know. We will work and imporve that for the next release.

cal360
November 21st, 2006, 16:18
thanks this game pretty good

mikebeaver
November 21st, 2006, 17:11
small bug i found
am running 2.71 se, for some reason i pressed select key and it loced up my psp then reset itself.
nice game otherwise, thanks.

Jpdeathblade
November 21st, 2006, 20:26
=P If you would read the readme file it is stated in there. The select button is not used and its unfixable. There is also a glitch in the one lever where you would jump into the ladder and get stuck in the wall. Theres nothing I can do about this atm...

Im glad you like that game =P

splodger15
November 21st, 2006, 21:57
^ ^
Nice game

Jpdeathblade
November 21st, 2006, 23:43
Lol sorrys guys for this but some levels with water/lava those tiles are messed up. They didnt load correctly so we will fix them for the final verson, This is why we gave this the title Alpha. My brother/beta test just beat the game getting all possable Ammo. This conserns me that we made the game a little too easy, so the next batch will be harder. But you must also remember he did help designe and make the levels.

Tonx_9
November 21st, 2006, 23:49
wow this game could get huge!

Jpdeathblade
November 22nd, 2006, 00:19
ya, but what a day to release it with psxp, fw 3.00, and 2.71 Se-C =P

TacticalBread
November 22nd, 2006, 00:43
Sweet :D Nice work.

mr_nick666
November 22nd, 2006, 09:20
ya, but what a day to release it with psxp, fw 3.00, and 2.71 Se-C =P

/\ /\ Not the best timing to get maximum coverage! :o People will be playing and talking about this long after the threads above have died! ;) Nice work JP - Looking forward to your next update :D

Jpdeathblade
November 23rd, 2006, 19:29
Well thats good to know =P
I still havent added the dcemu links, and I am really sorry. Alot has been going on (it being thanksgiving and all).
I am on my laptop atm and I will download both and host them as soon as possable. I am also going to update my sig with a link for the Alpha version (instead of the beta). While i am at it I will also load the games to our fourms so you can get them there as well.

We will begin work on Monday and begin fixing the map glitches.

EDIT:
Turns out that one of the ones I tried to upload made it to the site, I will add the zip version soon. Also if you have a broken psp (dosent matter where its broken) that you dont want, Pm me to donate it. We will work on sending the First donated PSP to another AC working on a Playstation Emulator. Any other psp will be used to beta test the crap out of SMH. The more and faster the beta testing proccess the more levels we can put out.

Also I was thinking of an idea and I want to throw it by you guys and I want you feed back. If we were to put out the Final game would you be willing to pay a quarter for another level or $2 for a level pack of 8 to 10 levels?
We want to continue putting the game out but we also want to continue working on it. Also with enough downloads at .25 to $2 we can buy another psp to test with. So how do you feel with that, Would you be wiling to by extra levels, or even level packs?

Jpdeathblade
November 28th, 2006, 21:40
Hey guys, sorry for the double post but for some reason people keep posting in the beta project... weird.

Anyway a new update, we here at the Xp Max HQ (my basement) got another computer. Its a crappy piece of junk but it runs our programs so we can use it. This makes 2 computer that can work on super mini halo. This makes cranking out levels a little bit easyer for us so we can get more levels in less time.

We also are getting 2 new games read (on runs on your psp, the other is a text based rpg for the fourms). Each being worked on and beta tested. If you would like to help out or beta test come over to the fourms, hang out, and post your application (theres a layout thing there).