PDA

View Full Version : Sora Adventure 0.2 dev (continue)

gunntims0103
November 21st, 2006, 03:57
The previous thread was locked at my request to kaiser due to so many post and large size. All sora adventure development will be done in this thread

thank you

laraib
November 21st, 2006, 05:35
ok if u want a story starter i have 2
1st: Screw Sora make a story about Roxas and nameni

2nd:Few second after KHII
sora riku and kiari are the letter that’s in the bottle...its actually ppl(form other cartoon like dbz naruto)form another unvirse called CARTOON NETWORK -_- in need of help and then suddenly gohan(kid) and (pick any u want) drop from the sky and in to the sea.
they say that their worlds are under attack by Villins of there worlds and some mysterious new enigmatic crew. then a weird ship comes and a sora riku kiari and gohan (someone u want) go in and that was the begging of there adventure

Shadowblind
November 21st, 2006, 15:16
Chill, this isnt gonna be an others half-show. Dont worry, there is a likely chance both Namine and Roxas will be in the game. Dont expect any promises tho, its mainy guns choice :D

As for DBZ....that may be a little hard. They flick their eyelash to blow up a mountain. Sora has to plant 60,000lbs of explosives to do that. But yeah, we're not limiting it to Disney or KH.

Apoklepz
November 22nd, 2006, 17:33
Everybody got their turkeys stuffed and ready to cook yet? Long weekend for me, so I'm gonna get some work done...

PM me Gun, tell me what's needed right now.

Shadowblind, I'm checking out that Cloud sprite right now...You say you want to edit it, right?...so it looks original and not copied from SquareEnix...

gunntims0103
November 22nd, 2006, 17:44
im currently waiting for zions beta as he said he will implament the first basis for a level and enemie. Iv had the first cut scene done for a while now. Will be changed when a good script for a story comes up). Once zion gets a beta up then we can proceed with sprite editing, scene changes,First level boss..... etc

Il pm or i.m zion about this and see what progress if any zion got on the beta. Hopfully he's gotten something done.

After that then we can get the ball rolling as we'll have a basis for implament future levels, and a basis for scenes.

keep ya posted

Apoklepz
November 22nd, 2006, 17:51
Ok...I'll just stick to editing for Shadowblind right now and probably continue working on our Many Sora Attacks...that good?

gunntims0103
November 22nd, 2006, 17:54
Ok...I'll just stick to editing for Shadowblind right now and probably continue working on our Many Sora Attacks...that good?

yea thats good in the mean time il pm zion and tell him to keep me updated on his beta work via thru this thread.

Shadowblind
November 22nd, 2006, 18:14
Apoklepz? Im actually havin really good luck with the sprites.(even if usin paint.) Ill PM ya if I need more help with em, 'ight? :)

Apoklepz
November 22nd, 2006, 18:28
Ok Doggy Fresh...nice avi sprite.

Zion
November 22nd, 2006, 19:26
Sorry for taking so long, ive had a hell of a lot of os (operating system) problems over the last few weeks, including when i lost all of my work on sora becuase my hard drive (external) got corrupted.

I should have a beta by tonight or at latest friday.

Thanks

gunntims0103
November 22nd, 2006, 19:28
Sorry for taking so long, ive had a hell of a lot of os (operating system) problems over the last few weeks, including when i lost all of my work on sora becuase my hard drive (external) got corrupted.

I should have a beta by tonight or at latest friday.

Thanks

thanx for the update zion really appreciate it ;)

Shadowblind
November 23rd, 2006, 01:42
Ok Doggy Fresh...nice avi sprite.

Thx, its the character.

Zion
November 23rd, 2006, 15:07
Ok, i have started work on the game, and should have a beta ready in a few hours :D

gunntims0103
November 23rd, 2006, 16:27
Ok, i have started work on the game, and should have a beta ready in a few hours :D

i just got on-line zion its really good to here this. If possible, upload on rapidshare and pm me the link. Then post that you've finished here.

thanks alot bro:thumbup:

Zion
November 23rd, 2006, 16:53
well, im tempted to release this to the public? what do you think

gunntims0103
November 23rd, 2006, 16:57
well, im tempted to release this to the public? what do you think

i dont want to do that just yet because i have to swich around somethings in the scene. Maybe change up some sprites? If is perfect the way it is then we can release it, i just want to make sure its the best it could be at this piont.

o and music has to be added

Zion
November 23rd, 2006, 17:06
Well, this is what i have done so far (from scratch - no original sora code used)

1. Scrolling Background.
2. Moving and Static Animation.

Just doing the attacks now and il send u it gun :D

Can someone send me one big background?

Thats one image but very long, in fact, the lengh of the whole first level.

Then i can send you all the beta

gunntims0103
November 23rd, 2006, 17:29
Well, this is what i have done so far (from scratch - no original sora code used)

1. Scrolling Background.
2. Moving and Static Animation.

Just doing the attacks now and il send u it gun :D

Can someone send me one big background?

Thats one image but very long, in fact, the lengh of the whole first level.

Then i can send you all the beta

you cant duplicate the image making it one long one for the first level?

well do what you can then rapidshare it up. Il add music and what everelse needs to be added. Then it will be ready for release. Then after a long break on to sora avdventure 0.3 :D

Zion
November 23rd, 2006, 18:02
OKay Im uploading the beta now

gunntims0103
November 23rd, 2006, 18:17
OKay Im uploading the beta now

great just put the upload link in a pm and send it to me

you work really fast:D

thanx:thumbup:

Zion
November 23rd, 2006, 18:54
tell me what you think of it

gunntims0103
November 23rd, 2006, 19:06
tell me what you think of it

:confused: im having some trouble, you implamented a scrolling level but what happened to the main menu and cut scene?? also there are no enemies. Its just sora runnting across the screen. Did ya mean to do it like that.

Zion
November 23rd, 2006, 19:09
yes, the menu is good, but the cutscenes need a lot of work,........

Dofiles are not a good way of doing things.

use loadfile command instead,,..

get on msn and il show you :D

gunntims0103
November 23rd, 2006, 19:24
yes, the menu is good, but the cutscenes need a lot of work,........

Dofiles are not a good way of doing things.

use loadfile command instead,,..

get on msn and il show you :D

il be on in a few hopfully, Its just that i helping my family prepare the house for guest as we are having a thanksgiving feast. So it may take me a while. Il try and get on as soon as i can....

Zion
November 23rd, 2006, 21:00
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=43751

yaustar
November 23rd, 2006, 22:53
Isn't that a tad irresponsible Zion? I mean its all good expanding your horizons etc but joining a project, doing some code, dumping it back to the team then leaving within a week (?) seems well.. irresponsible. I am glad gunntims is taking it well as I would be fuming if I was lead.

PSMan62
November 24th, 2006, 05:45
i would like 2 help in this (if there are still any opening spots)
i'm somewhat knowedgeable in the MUGEN engine (if that helps) and can get u guys sprites or help in coding the characters
if u need help, plz PM me and tell me what i can help w/

Shadowblind
November 24th, 2006, 05:56
Dofile would get annoying, although you could theoretically use 1 script to hold most cutscenes?...

Frankly I have little idea of the specifics of what you are all talking about. But I would like to know, what is loadfile compared to dofile?

gunntims0103
November 24th, 2006, 06:05
load file is when the files are preloaded like this

loadA = ("index.lua")
if pad:cross and not old pad:cross then
loadA
end

with the dofiles you just do this

if pad:cross then
load dofile ('index.lua")
end

that the difference if im not mistaken

Shadowblind
November 24th, 2006, 14:31
Doesnt seem al that different.

yaustar
November 24th, 2006, 15:26
Loadfile loads a file as an object (which can be deleted), dofile just runs the script as though its all one script rather then multiple.

If you do use dofile, you MUST use it properly. The file that you dofile must have a way to reach the end of the script and finish.

splodger15
November 24th, 2006, 16:31
Is it better to have loadfile or dofile

yaustar
November 24th, 2006, 18:29
Depends on what it is being used for.

Zion
November 24th, 2006, 18:39
Isn't that a tad irresponsible Zion? I mean its all good expanding your horizons etc but joining a project, doing some code, dumping it back to the team then leaving within a week (?) seems well.. irresponsible. I am glad gunntims is taking it well as I would be fuming if I was lead.

im not leaving the project, read the thread i made again, im finishing all of my lua projects before i continue the emulator

Shadowblind
November 25th, 2006, 14:34
I used dofile for different menus and levels. I suppose loadfile, being able to be removed once used, would be better for cutscenes and loading screens or such.

gunntims0103
November 25th, 2006, 14:36
now all that needs to be done is put in enemies as we have a whole first level with no bugs and no crashing, but its just sora running around so hopfully by the end of the week we can have something out.

for the team to view the latest

http://rapidshare.com/files/4776316/sora_dev_0.2.rar.html

Zion
November 25th, 2006, 15:08
ermm, whats changed........the dofiles definatly need to go, and i can put the enemys in asap if someone did me some enemy sprites lol

gunntims0103
November 25th, 2006, 15:21
ok everyone its crunch time, zion what is there is the most recent beta with your scrolling level implaments along with the eneimes zip that contains all of soras enemie sprites, also there is a villin zip that has all th bosses if possible at the end of the first level try and have the one villin as a boss. also we need a health bar so we have to implament that. Then 0.2 should be complete.

so lets get going :D

Shadowblind
November 25th, 2006, 18:24
And ive got an idea for what bosses should go where ;)

EDIT: MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My hours of pain have payed off! I finished enough of the new character sprites for:

walking
standing
slashing up
slashing side
slashing down

I'll get onto jumping, but im gonna send gunn those sprites once he comes online as they are enough to put him into the game as a beta. Again, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

sweet.

gunntims0103
November 28th, 2006, 01:20
well i uploaded the files needed all there is to do now is implament some enemies maybe the first boss add atacks for sora and fix up the scene.

once this is done we can release.

just waiting for zions conformation on taking on the enemies part of the code and such

il be fixing the scene when finished then adding music. Also create a sleek icon with intro music

keep ya posted

Apoklepz
November 28th, 2006, 01:50
Well, I'm going at three enemy sheets right now, I should be done by wednesday. I'm working on Shadow Heartless, those little flying things and the Fat looking Heartless guys in red. I'll post back with progress tomorrow.

Shadowblind
November 28th, 2006, 02:13
Hey Apoklepz, my sprite sheet has some pixel differences in the sprites. They arent major (at all), so do you think you can do some touch ups on areas needed?

Thx :D

Apoklepz
November 28th, 2006, 18:49
let me see them sometime.

wowzors
December 24th, 2006, 07:00
Just bumping to spark some intrest and see if this project is still going, for a long break is ahead.

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 07:04
Just bumping to spark some intrest and see if this project is still going, for a long break is ahead.

Yes the project is still in progress. Iv just been developing other projects and such and im awaiting for some of the dev team to free up some time to get back to working on it. But i am in no rush :)

wowzors
December 24th, 2006, 07:07
Wow, quick reply. i am glad to hear you are still working on this project, I wish you and all the team good luck and happy holidays (Merry Christmas).

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 07:10
Wow, quick reply. i am glad to hear you are still working on this project, I wish you and all the team good luck and happy holidays (Merry Christmas).

Thanks very much and i wish you a merry christmas as well.

mexicansnake
January 3rd, 2007, 22:43
Hi everyone! want to hear something?, well is just that I joined to the project :D and Im coding Sora´s adventure 0.2!, I have like the 65 % of everything of the first level :), animations, atacks, the boss (yes we have a boss!), blah, blah...

Maybe we will finish it in like 2 or 3 days more ;).

Happy birthday gunntims:).

Edit : Do you want a pic or something ?.

Gizmo356
January 3rd, 2007, 22:56
Hell yeah post a pic I loved this game!

mexicansnake
January 3rd, 2007, 23:07
Hell yeah post a pic I loved this game!

The game isnt finished yet but here is a simple one :D.

Gizmo356
January 4th, 2007, 00:33
Awesome Mexicansnake its great to see you back!

gunntims0103
January 4th, 2007, 00:36
yea i tested the boss battle and the animation and such is great and now we have a great basis for easily adding in story and more levels. Collision is the biggest thing we have to add as well as sora haveng the ability to die and maybe making the board longer...

Gizmo356
January 4th, 2007, 00:39
Well hopefully it doesn't take to long but take your time it seems to be coming together now that you have a solid team of coders:D.

Keep it up guys;)!

mexicansnake
January 4th, 2007, 00:40
Awesome Mexicansnake its great to see you back!

Thanx pal :).

h4s30
March 12th, 2007, 01:07
whats the story? looks really cool btw

mexicansnake
March 12th, 2007, 04:42
whats the story? looks really cool btw

I dont know, ask it to gunntims, he said that the story would be awesome.

thanx.:)

h4s30
March 20th, 2007, 17:58
there should be some roxas action or some double keyblade action

Gold Line
March 20th, 2007, 18:11
more final fantasy char's

gunntims0103
March 20th, 2007, 18:39
No worry's i whipped up a nice story for the game, and we have a private beta out as well. Mexican snake and i just have to sort out the RAM issue that we are having. Since i have no computer its making it really difficult to work.

On a side note, ill be taking C classes in school. They offer programming language class at the school i attend. If i get good enough, might want to recode Sora adventure in C, when its done in LUA ;)

Don't expect anything just yet. Theres still some things we have to iron out, before a public release is made.

Thanks! :)

Shadowblind
March 20th, 2007, 20:24
Took long a freakin 'nuff!

Anyway, I plan on starting C++ courses at my school as well...but when I go back to school in August. If its not done by then I may actually be of some help!

And good to know its still kicking. Nice work! :)

h4s30
March 20th, 2007, 22:34
think i can do a beta test??? i'd be glad to try it out

can I get a lil preview of the story I'm curious to know what its about (really big KH fan)

mexicansnake
March 21st, 2007, 01:18
Took long a freakin 'nuff!

Anyway, I plan on starting C++ courses at my school as well...but when I go back to school in August. If its not done by then I may actually be of some help!

And good to know its still kicking. Nice work! :)

Damn.. I would like to have C++ classes at my school, but they dont give that class, Ive to learn by myself:p .