PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Portable 3.0 firmware features revealed and released

gunntims0103
November 21st, 2006, 04:22
news via palgn (http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=PlayStation+Portable+3.0+firmwar e+features+revealed&id=5957&sid=ddf39f0d7d5edae2b7c21577583ceeb2)

Display PlayStation 3 content on the PSP.

The long awaited firmware update for the PlayStation Portable is now here, as Sony has released the online manual for the firmware and it reveals a few interesting tidbits.

According to the manual you'll be able to play content that is displayed on the PlayStation 3. Whether that actually means you'll be able to play PlayStation 3 titles on the PSP in some reduced form is anybody’s guess, but you're not able to play Blu-Ray discs or DVDs, as the material is copyrighted. Other things you may send from the PlayStation 3 could include music, video or photos. You'll also be able to set your PSP to automatically connect to the internet at a certain time to download new content automatically.

Finally, Sony has also enabled the ability to choose whether a UMD starts immediately once you insert the UMD, which is a handy feature. All in all it sounds like the 3.0 firmware update will be quite feature-packed.

heres some features

Remote Play - Remote play is a new feature in Firmware 3.00 that allows you to remotely control your PlayStation 3 from your PSP. This also includes the display of PS3 content on the PSP. "You can display a PLAYSTATION®3 system screen on a PSP™ system and play content that is on the PS3™ system. To use this feature, you must adjust the necessary settings on the PSP™ system and the PS3™ system." Using this new mode of playback, one can control the Photo, Music, Video, and Internet Browser features of the PlayStation 3 from a remote location via their Playstation Portable.

Video Compatibility - In this updated version of the Playstation Portable firmware, you are also able to play a few new video formats. The Motion JPEG format (M-JPEG), is an "informal name for multimedia formats where each video frame or interlaced field of a digital video sequence is separately compressed as a JPEG image" (Wikipedia). The PlayStation Portable plays both the Linear PCM and the μ-Law versions of the Motion JPEG video format. In addition, you will now be able to access the Camera (functionality) from the photo option menus, for quicker easier access when taking photos or video. Another nifty function is the ability to finally turn off Auto Play for inserted UMD Discs via UMD Auto Boot.

PlayStation Games - Here's the big tip you've been waiting for. Finally, Sony is going to drop their highly anticipated PlayStation One emulator onto the PSP. From the manual however, there seems to be a unavoidable catch. If you don't have a PS3, your not going to be enjoying PlayStation One games emulating on Sony's PlayStation One emulator for PSP anytime soon. From the manual it states that you must connect to the Playstation Online store with your PSP connected to the PlayStation 3 in order to download and play the games. In addition, they mention that you can in fact share the games, but you must activate the other system in the Friends menu as a PS3 Network Account.

3.0 firmware for the psp is now out. Check your network updates.

scarph
November 21st, 2006, 04:30
do not upgrade
just dont

scarph
November 21st, 2006, 04:35
dax decrypt go go

Ihavenolife
November 21st, 2006, 04:36
Well said!
Here's my part...
I updated to 2.8, and then waited forever for the people to have to fix it.
So let's make the whole process easier and
DON"T UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!!!
alrighty then I think we've got that point across.
Thanks for the 2.8 eloader though

juggaleaux
November 21st, 2006, 04:37
The race to find an exploit begins now! Go!

Tetris999
November 21st, 2006, 04:39
Sony are just some retarded money hungry monkeys the playstation 1 emulator is not a bonus its just something made for you to buy theryre stinky ps3 which sucks balz these are the most LAMEST marketing methods ever

Basil Zero
November 21st, 2006, 04:42
yay 3.0 is out, good for sony, because i bet the ps3 owners will download off alot of the games (if available).

Cant wait for Dev Hook 0.47

Veskgar
November 21st, 2006, 04:44
From the manual it states that you must connect to the Playstation Online store with your PSP connected to the PlayStation 3 in order to download and play the games.
Sounds like another useless measure to be sure PSP owners upgrade. Similar to how Socom Fireteam Bravo 2 has a firmware checker once you sign into the infrastructure server.

This sounds like it would be difficult to circumvent but I'm not nearly as smart as some of the great coders in PSP homebrew scene so we will have to wait and see.

But if we could someday emulate 3.00 firmware and trick SONY store servers into believing it is an actual 3.00 PSP, that could be one of the ultimate homebrew achievements.

But then that brings another worry to mind. If you constantly have to connect your PSP to SONY STORE servers, it could potentially prevent access every time a new firmware update is released for the PSP.

Say theoretically someday we can connect a DevHooked 3.00 firmware PSP to SONY's servers. That would be great... but then what if you get a message saying you need to update to 3.01 in order to connect.

That......would suck! What do you all think? Has SONY finally defeated the firmware hack/exploits part of the homebrew scene with this PS3-->PSP connectivity?

Anyway, to all considering and PSP newbies, don't EVER upgrade. At least give it time (2 or 3 months) to see what may or may not be possible.

dj2005
November 21st, 2006, 04:50
Sounds like another useless measure to be sure PSP owners upgrade. Similar to how Socom Fireteam Bravo 2 has a firmware checker once you sign into the infrastructure server.

This sounds like it would be difficult to circumvent but I'm not nearly as smart as some of the great coders in PSP homebrew scene so we will have to wait and see.

But if we could someday emulate 3.00 firmware and trick SONY store servers into believing it is an actual 3.00 PSP, that could be one of the ultimate homebrew achievements.

But then that brings another worry to mind. If you constantly have to connect your PSP to SONY STORE servers, it could potentially prevent access every time a new firmware update is released for the PSP.

Say theoretically someday we can connect a DevHooked 3.00 firmware PSP to SONY's servers. That would be great... but then what if you get a message saying you need to update to 3.01 in order to connect.

That......would suck! What do you all think? Has SONY finally defeated the firmware hack/exploits part of the homebrew scene with this PS3-->PSP connectivity?

Anyway, to all considering and PSP newbies, don't EVER upgrade. At least give it time (2 or 3 months) to see what may or may not be possible.

Or we could just wait (and pray) for a decent unofficial PS1 emulator. :)

scarph
November 21st, 2006, 04:51
i think no ones gonna upgrade, cus no one has a ps3

~Slinkky~
November 21st, 2006, 04:59
3.0 is prety tempting with that p3 sitting downstairs. hopefully we can get a devy hook going for it i have great confidence =P

snuffster
November 21st, 2006, 05:05
why the hell would i buy my plastaion games again i just dont get it
ive already gone through 3 copies of ff7 why the hell would i buy another theres gonna have to be a way to use your old playstaion game you already own
cause this is just petetic

Kramer
November 21st, 2006, 05:08
It's out already I just downloaded the network update and it was a 3.0 update.

DPyro
November 21st, 2006, 05:13
Downloaded but not installing.

SnesR0X
November 21st, 2006, 05:14
it's a biggie, i wish i had another psp and a ps3 so i could try this out:o yeah right...

gunntims0103
November 21st, 2006, 05:16
Downloaded but not installing.

i did the same bro, downloaded but not installed

sony.1991
November 21st, 2006, 05:24
Can you say GAY????
I'm sure not going to update. WTF? the really want people to give up home brew yet they want them to buy a AUD$1000 dollar device?

Emeriastone
November 21st, 2006, 05:33
Dude, all yalls chill, we're not hurting or anything.

YourStillWithMe
November 21st, 2006, 05:37
this is good news people stop hating it like its allllll sooooo bad! this is just a speedup so dark alex and booster can decrypt this and get a new devhook running i can patiently wait like i always have. I love how people bash the ps3 just because of the cost. . .its quite funny. The ps3 will/does kick ace come on booster i'm rooting for you oh so much!

samthegreat68
November 21st, 2006, 05:50
hmmm this sucks

ExcruciationX
November 21st, 2006, 05:50
Complete and utter bullshit. Enough said.

Mr. Shizzy
November 21st, 2006, 06:16
This is great news for me. Now Dark_Alex hopefully can take custom firmware to a whole new level. :D

happy_mak
November 21st, 2006, 06:24
Updated, but the music- visualizer is something which will leave more to be desired. Just 5- effects and that too mediocre... atleast the visualizer was a flop in this version though a newly introduced concept. Make it better $ony

PSPegasus
November 21st, 2006, 06:26
HA! I knew they'd do that. Statement from Sony as I see it:
Upgrade your PSP to firmware 3.0 and you won't not, not, never be needing a PS3 to download PSX games. Guaranteed!!
If I didn't know better I'd say they were TRYING to get the homebrew community to beat them.

Sharkey
November 21st, 2006, 06:29
I went to Sonys site but all they had was the 2.82 fw, where's 3.0 downloaded from? I have a couple psps so I don't mind upgrading the one, I wouldn't otherwise.

Briggzy11
November 21st, 2006, 06:31
Think of it like this, if the psp now has a psx emulator with this upgrade, it can be taken from the upgrade and used by somebody like Dark_alex, it will be done over time.

Sony aint done too well beating hackers in the past yeh!!!

Roxas
November 21st, 2006, 06:36
I say upgrade y would i want 2 psp with homebrews,il upgrade my 2.8 n stay with my 1.5....

Edit#1. If u guys the "H@cl<3rs" outther crack 3.0 dont releases anything yet,since sony is not releasing the "Ps1 Emu" they want to patch things they miss by u guys hacking onto it, to increase the size of it.

the_eternal_dark
November 21st, 2006, 06:36
This is great news for me. Now Dark_Alex hopefully can take custom firmware to a whole new level. :D

I doubt it. Remember how he said there wasn't much room on flash0 after the 2.71SE was made, this would mean that he will need to shave a few things off to get a 3.0SE going. From the sound of it, Sony added a bunch of useless crap like remote play (honestly, you're actually going to update to control your PS3 wirelessly even though you have a wireless controller? ok it displays crap on the screen, woop-de-freakin'-do), the crappy "PS1 emu" (not really an emu now is it?), disabled auto-boot (many of us wanted it, no reason to upgrade for it though), and added video support.

Wow, I think I'll update now so I can get a bunch of crap I won't use for atleast 2 years because Sony decides hype is better than actual sales at launch. Don't say it was production failures and crap like that, Sony could have put more money into production and put more PS3's out. Price isn't the reason I'm tired of Sony right now, price isn't even a point, but I just really am getting tired with them and how they are stiffing us with everything (lack of PS3's, lack of good launch titles, useless PSP updates, useless Sony brand name products, etc etc.)

hlide
November 21st, 2006, 07:31
well, that's only a theory, but Sony may fear that Hackers can crack FW3 and be able to use some prx to play ps1 games. In fact, since you need to download them they should be run only from a MS, so they may have decided not to do so but directly download a ps1 game in memory from a PS3 connection. If that's the case, Not only I suppose PSP shouldn't be called portable now but that way, it would be more difficult to hack ps1 game on PSP.

Briggzy11
November 21st, 2006, 07:37
Well 0okm has already stated on his website blog that the 3.00 can already be dumped using the psardumper and there are indeed new prx's and he thinks they are related to the emulator in mind. Lets hope he has a way to exploit these files :)

nielsss
November 21st, 2006, 07:48
wait this might be a trap maybe they want to make hackers think this is the new 3.00 but sony might plan to release 3.01 without telling us i donno cuz i updated my second psp and there is no ps1 emu there is camera function and psp-ps3 connetion function...

the one and only
November 21st, 2006, 07:55
heh, wtf. i thouhgt 3.0 would finaly convince me to upgrade, xD sif im gnna buy ur stupid PS3 Sony, i'd rather use my own PSX games with my awesome emu, an d btw sony, The only purchase im gonna make for my psp is a nice large 4gb mem stick, so i can play my FREE games, no amount of PR and gay featurs is gnna convince me to upgrade so SCREW U SONY

Veskgar
November 21st, 2006, 08:03
wait this might be a trap maybe they want to make hackers think this is the new 3.00 but sony might plan to release 3.01 without telling us i donno cuz i updated my second psp and there is no ps1 emu there is camera function and psp-ps3 connetion function...
So no PS1 Emulator even with firmware 3.00? That is lame. 3.00 firmware isn't appearing to be all it was hyped up to be. There will most definitely be a 3.01 soon and its a safe bet that SONY is keeping a close eye on 3.00 hacks & exploits within the homebrew community.

pspfan2006z
November 21st, 2006, 09:23
cuz i updated my second psp and there is no ps1 emu there is camera function and psp-ps3 connetion function...

My best bet is: the Firmware is updated with new API library, then the PS1 Emu will be in "UMD" that will use the new API Library. Finally the PSX Game will be in memory stick.

Tonx_9
November 21st, 2006, 09:23
hey do u have to enable psx emulator with the ps3 or something and i got an iso of a duke nukem game i own y can i use that on the psp??

Tonx_9
November 21st, 2006, 09:26
My best bet is: the Firmware is updated with new API library, then the PS1 Emu will be in "UMD" that will use the new API Library. Finally the PSX Game will be in memory stick.
Good point. Those cheeky basterds!:mad:

mr_nick666
November 21st, 2006, 09:38
$ony are such greedy f**king c*nts :mad: Still no reasons to upgrade my 1.5 and I'll only want it Devhooked to play the latest games :rolleyes: $ony can take thier PS3 and shove it up their greedy arses :thumbup: I would have considered paying to play some of my old games but not 500 odd pounds plus the price of the games! :eek:

BlackJack23
November 21st, 2006, 10:31
Wow.

When I heard of the excellent pricing scheme of PS1 game on the PSP, I couldn't believe it. It turns out that was for good reason too.

You greedy dribbles of camel feces.

jigglytom
November 21st, 2006, 10:36
Anyone confirm what types of video format work now?

shrimpidy
November 21st, 2006, 10:47
I want a ps3 so i have a purpose to upgrade. It jusmakes me feel all tingly inside when i c all those new features.

Baboon
November 21st, 2006, 11:22
$ony are such greedy f**king c*nts :mad: Still no reasons to upgrade my 1.5 and I'll only want it Devhooked to play the latest games :rolleyes: $ony can take thier PS3 and shove it up their greedy arses :thumbup: I would have considered paying to play some of my old games but not 500 odd pounds plus the price of the games! :eek:

You hit the nail on the head there mate. ... the Robbing bar stewards!

You greedy dribbles of camel feces.

lol :D

erix2006
November 21st, 2006, 11:29
Plz dont upgrade... I hope that soon some1 will enable homebrew on da 2.82...
sony should be ashamed

mnuhaily22
November 21st, 2006, 11:34
Wow, if I get a secound PSP, I will definetely downgrade it and UPDATE my current one, since 1004's are all non ta-082's.

Deshevy
November 21st, 2006, 11:50
98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature
There is nothing wrong with smoking pot
I substituted weed for cigarettes when i was quiting smoking and it was the easyest thing i had to do.It was also hella fun as well.Cigarettes=death Pot= (:
"you havent truly had a good time till you smoke weed with your friends"

mattey101
November 21st, 2006, 12:20
98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature
There is nothing wrong with smoking pot
I substituted weed for cigarettes when i was quiting smoking and it was the easyest thing i had to do.It was also hella fun as well.Cigarettes=death Pot= (:
"you havent truly had a good time till you smoke weed with your friends"

yh i like smokin reefa 2 but wtf has tht got 2 do wiv this?

anywayz sony iz really starting 2 f*ck me off! they should keep adding feaztures to the psp (like this new update) but take out all tha homebrew blocking shizzle. its pointless they would make more money if they allowed homebrew and sold thier own apps as well
how long do u think its gonna be be4 there is devhook for this?

PSPages
November 21st, 2006, 12:25
On the contrary to what most are saying about not wanting a PS3, I on the other hand DO want a PS3 but have one HUGE disadvantage.

I live in the UK, and UK and Euro gamers get scanked out of anything PlayStation related by $ony :mad:

"Aww well, the gamers in Europe are feeling left out, lets give the others the PS1 emulator in the 3.0 update. And to rub it in a bit more, lets make the emulator require a PS3!"

I would love to have a shiny PS3 sitting in my room waiting for me to upgrade my PSP to unlock the functionality. Think about how lucky you lot in the territories its released actually are.

So remember this:-

1. You have the PS3 a whole 4 months before we do and thats providing we dont get shunned off again!

2. By time the UK and EU get the PS3, there will probably be a required firmware update with any potential holes or workarounds blocked.

3. You have the option if you chose to have PSP - PS3 connectivity right now!

Your not as hard done by as you think!

Anger
November 21st, 2006, 12:38
well...they made the ultimate mistake - requiring a ps3 for ps1 downloads. sony still sucks.

hey sony, guess whos money you now wont be getting. guess who also wont be updating.

benh
November 21st, 2006, 13:04
I have had a detailed look at the psp user manual on the net and it seems, that you will be able to play .WAVE format music, im not sure how this works but on the manual site it claims that TIFF and GIF picture files may be viewed, UMD auto start is under system settings, it appears that there is a new option under the game menu called Certificate Utility and has a key icon and it also appears that online documentation has been added under the web browser. well im updating dont know about you!

Method Man
November 21st, 2006, 13:09
i wanna have it but my 1.50 is much better, so i can only hope that devhook will can emulate it (very) soon

benh
November 21st, 2006, 13:14
sorry to double post but the your psp site has been updated more features annonounced here they are

-Set timer has been added under RSS Channel
-Visual player has been added under music
-3 fast forward and rewind speeds have been added under music
-Auto use camera without UMD has been added under photo, movies im not sure about

My mind is made up updating asap

Takean
November 21st, 2006, 13:29
I thought a while back a sony rep claimed you would not need a ps3 to download ps games to your psp? did I just mis-read that?

pibs
November 21st, 2006, 13:40
can some1 post the eboot? can't seem to find it on the site yet.
nvm got it at qj

Panini
November 21st, 2006, 13:50
I thought a while back a sony rep claimed you would not need a ps3 to download ps games to your psp? did I just mis-read that?

You’d better start saving for the ps3! lol

To update to 3.0 for the few crappy features that sony are offering sounds ludicrous to me. :)

Homebrew all the way for me!

kiariki
November 21st, 2006, 13:54
Mph! (Not Miles per hour, just a raspberry)

I'll just wait for some one to fully emulate the PSX. No need to upgrade >_> Besides, they'll probably only allow you to download some of the *not so good* games. >_> Unless it plays ISOs like a good ol' emulator.

Deshevy
November 21st, 2006, 14:33
Yah thats true but what if sony releases a program to convert your ps1 cds into the eboot format??????

Plowking
November 21st, 2006, 14:40
From the snippets of info I get the impression that the so called PS1 emu in the update is only a background app that will let you play ps one games FROM your PS3.
Games are saved on your ps3 and you play them on the psp wirelessly.

Could be way off...but sounds just like them to offer something useless like that

Uzumaki_Naruto
November 21st, 2006, 14:45
Okay... I've had enough of $ony! Now you need a PS3 to play PS1 games on your PSP?? And crappy games to boot?? Who the hell do you think you're dealing with?
I dunno about u guys but i've had enough of $ony's only for money policies...
My hatred had been growing a lot ever since $ony let Bioware Corp's contract go to Nintendo... I mean thousands of PSP gamers are screaming for a good RPG and they let the best RPG making company go to Nintendo? I ****ING HATE THEM!!!!!
Futhermore, my opinion on 3.00?? CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!!! More crappy features, more stupid updates and more useless crap! WAVE format support?? What the ****???!!! Is someone stupid??? Wave use 10 times the space of an mp3...
I just pray that Dark_Alex is able to dismantle the 3.00 firmware and take out the PS1 emu enabled out of it but from what i've read its gonna be hard... But we've gor three PS1 emu projects on the go and 2 of them show promise so why update? To block homebrew? Don't think so... Wake up call for $ony: we've got emulators for almost everything emulable, we don't need your crap!

Final Verdict: **** $ONY

DPyro
November 21st, 2006, 14:52
On the contrary to what most are saying about not wanting a PS3, I on the other hand DO want a PS3 but have one HUGE disadvantage.

I live in the UK, and UK and Euro gamers get scanked out of anything PlayStation related by $ony :mad:

"Aww well, the gamers in Europe are feeling left out, lets give the others the PS1 emulator in the 3.0 update. And to rub it in a bit more, lets make the emulator require a PS3!"

I would love to have a shiny PS3 sitting in my room waiting for me to upgrade my PSP to unlock the functionality. Think about how lucky you lot in the territories its released actually are.

So remember this:-

1. You have the PS3 a whole 4 months before we do and thats providing we dont get shunned off again!

2. By time the UK and EU get the PS3, there will probably be a required firmware update with any potential holes or workarounds blocked.

3. You have the option if you chose to have PSP - PS3 connectivity right now!

Your not as hard done by as you think!

Don't complain that its been released here and not there. Just because its released, doesn't mean we can actually BUY it. By the time they release it over there, it'll be readily available in stores for purchase and more games will be available. So relax, wait a little and have fun with you PSP till then!

Fanjita
November 21st, 2006, 14:53
sorry to double post but the your psp site has been updated more features annonounced here they are

-Set timer has been added under RSS Channel
-Visual player has been added under music
-3 fast forward and rewind speeds have been added under music
-Auto use camera without UMD has been added under photo, movies im not sure about

My mind is made up updating asap

If you believe that those features (most of which are available via homebrew) are worth losing homebrew for, then I feel sorry for you.

Gene
November 21st, 2006, 15:07
If you believe that those features (most of which are available via homebrew) are worth losing homebrew for, then I feel sorry for you.

I agree there is nothing about this update that seems apealing, except the camera add on. although i have yet to see one be released so maybe it's even less apealing than you would even think.

if you update and lose homebrew. Don't Whine, it was your fault for being an idiot.

Plowking
November 21st, 2006, 15:12
I have 2 psp's so I'll be updating anyway, so despite the apathy I had with the previous updates cos it didn't matter to me from a homebrew standpoing, I have to admit my disappointment with this update is gnawing at me.

This time I at least wanted to update for a something I could use, other then updating for the sake of new games.

archangel1024
November 21st, 2006, 15:15
man, i can't wait till the next Devhook is released I just hope that 3.0 is decrypted soon, i want to try this without dropping a lot of $$ on a new system...
GO BOOSTER!

vladiftodi
November 21st, 2006, 15:51
not worth it , i would have updated if it alowed ps1 games, but in this case :(
and since 2.8 supports write to flash then is good enough

scarph
November 21st, 2006, 15:57
benh is probably kidding fanjita

He's a smart guy

splodger15
November 21st, 2006, 16:02
Ok dont update

if you want to update thats your problem do not come back and then demand a downgrader to be released cause you dont like the features in 3.0

dj c
November 21st, 2006, 16:05
alright for thos people who dont know yet the ps1 games are going to be eboot files not isos

November 21st, 2006, 16:12
Am I the only that thinks this whole idea of having to have a PS3 is a good one?

Think about it, theres going to be a huge amount of people with PSPs already who want the PSOne games, and will go out and buy a PS3. The people who have a PS3 will think "Oh, well I can carry my PSOne games around with me!" and purchase a PSP. Sony are pretty smart :)

splodger15
November 21st, 2006, 16:24
man, i can't wait till the next Devhook is released I just hope that 3.0 is decrypted soon, i want to try this without dropping a lot of $$ on a new system...
GO BOOSTER!

Sorry but i tried decryption and it doesnt work

pob-pnuk
November 21st, 2006, 16:34
personaly sony have really ley them selves down
wtf is gonna use music visulizations, who gives 2 phuks

and as for the havin to hav a ps3to d/l ps1 games damn sony

the only decent thing is the no umd on start up but easily solved by takin out the umd or unabling the boot screen

they havent listend to a word the customers want
(and by the way sony thats how you get people buying your products and u also get your fav thing, MONEY)

wake the hell up sony

YourStillWithMe
November 21st, 2006, 16:57
this update made me think about updating for 1 second but eh uhhh devhook people i've said it before in the past and i'll say it now (read my sig) before we know it we'll be launching ps1 games on our memory sticks and keeping our homebrew at the same time go Fanita, Dark Alex, Yoshiro and Booster!!

darksoft
November 21st, 2006, 17:06
I would strongly say that this 'combination' of ps3 to psp to play psx games is that the emulator is running on the PS3 not the psp and thus the games are no longer portable. They have you connect to the ps3 which is what connects to the sony store to download the psx games. I'd say this is just streaming the game screen and controls to the psp. I'm hoping I'm wrong though....

Basically if that was the case, you might as well wip out your ps1 and play the real thing on the real thing (or ps2)

Joe100517
November 21st, 2006, 18:00
WTF is Sony thinking trying to force PSP users into getting a PS3.... yeah it would make them more money if people actually did it.... but there's no reason most people would want to do it... especially since one of the big appeals of homebrew is that it is FREE!

This release is quite lame, the only way I could see them forcing PS3-PSP interchangablity with PS1 games is if you could rip your own PS1 games to the PS3 hardrive and then it sends them to the PSP... but this isn't anywhere close to that.... they didn't even release any good games! What a joke!

ArchAngel
November 21st, 2006, 18:03
Lets put it this way,

If it is there, then it can be found.

Sony may think that they have thier fancy price gouged protection on thier precious ps1 emulator, but they dont know the genious of most of the world.

In sony's eyes = People = Sh!t

In our Eyes = Sony = Rich Sugar Daddy we dont really care about.

So I say let them keep giving these new features, and we will pray to those that can crack it. And Love them forever, in a totally non-homosexual way.

Apoklepz
November 21st, 2006, 18:08
I bet they'll put out that PSP2 the day we get our hacking hands all over their PSone emu and start moving games around....

LilSwish722
November 21st, 2006, 18:12
GOD...SONY SUCKS MY NU*S...THEY ARE THE EPITOME OF GAY ASS ENGINEERING AND MONEY MAKING BAST**DS. so with that out of the...F**K $ony

luis_18432
November 21st, 2006, 18:26
I have updated my psp to 3.00, everything in nice but there is an error. Is it my psp problem or what?

conb123
November 21st, 2006, 18:40
Do you really need a ps3 couldnt you just download th:confused em from the internet if a ps3 owner uploads them them and then just transfe them to the psp:confused:

Nookadum
November 21st, 2006, 19:00

Well, what homebrew adds a visualizer to the music player function? What homebrew modifies the music player in having multiple fast forward/rewind speeds? Also, has there been any homebrew that adds more audio and video codecs to the PSP's player?

Sure, more of the new features aren't worth sacrificing homebrew for, but if people use those features extensively, then most likely homebrew is of least interest to them.

imoneofthem
November 21st, 2006, 20:00
I want to see a couple of things within the next few months:

*Decrypted 3.00 firmware
*A new devhook which supports up to 3.00.
*PS1 titles transferred from the PS3 will be decrypted and studied by coders.
*The unofficial emulators to be 90%+ complete
*A 'PS3 emulator' that will act as a 'entertainment system' server for the PSP. However there already a homebrew which can stream music.

The backdoor scene will aim to do the following:
*Coders will try and create an artificial Sony store/PS3 transfer protocol on the PC so the PSP will connect to it (relating this to Phantasy Star Online I&II on the Gamecube), thus capable of transferring PS1 titles from the PC to the PSP.
*PS1 titles will be pirated on the web.
*People will be using warez more and more to download original PS1 titles for the unofficial Playstation emulators

valar
November 21st, 2006, 20:07
what a crap.why do i have to pay and download the games for psp when i already bought them for ps1?no choice to play my own extracted games?crap.

Baboon
November 21st, 2006, 20:32
Well, what homebrew adds a visualizer to the music player function? What homebrew modifies the music player in having multiple fast forward/rewind speeds? Also, has there been any homebrew that adds more audio and video codecs to the PSP's player?

Sure, more of the new features aren't worth sacrificing homebrew for, but if people use those features extensively, then most likely homebrew is of least interest to them.

I really cant see that many people with PSP's being amazed at having fancy visuals while playing music or even quicker fast forward/rewind speeds?? ...If your really that bothered about having the ability to play music on the go you'd probably have an mp3 player anyway.

3.0 sounds pretty lame to me, its just been a lot of hype about nothing. ...I guess the only plus being that theyve actualy added a few new features on the update instead of just lame security updates. ...why lose everything that youve got for that?

Vega
November 21st, 2006, 20:34
w scene so we will have to wait and see.

Tricking the Sony servers... like you mentioned.. would be considered Piracy I believe. These PS1 games sony will be releasing for download wont be typical CD-Backups like we own... they will have encryptions that the Official PS1 emulator can read.

Veskgar
November 21st, 2006, 21:31
Tricking the Sony servers... like you mentioned.. would be considered Piracy I believe. These PS1 games sony will be releasing for download wont be typical CD-Backups like we own... they will have encryptions that the Official PS1 emulator can read.
No need to jump the gun and play the "piracy" card on me. All that I was trying to articulate with that post was that it may be the only way to connect and log in to purchase PS1 downloads. There is obviously going to be some sort of firmware check requiring a higher firmware to get access to the SONY STORE.

That will have to be circumvented. So with the need to connect to a PS3 and log into SONY servers just in order to download & play PS1 games.... I will not be holding my breath.

What the hell will be next? Will SONY require DNA samples from PSP owners with the next firmware? This is getting a little too ridiculous. And I'm not fanboy for any of the competition i.e. Microsoft or Nintendo. I genuinely like the PlayStation brand and supported SONY for a long time.

I will get a PS3 for the BLU-RAY, HDTV, & WiFi capabilities, but I will not be buying anything from this SONY DOWNLOAD STORE...

splodger15
November 21st, 2006, 21:48
I want to see a couple of things within the next few months:

*Decrypted 3.00 firmware
*A new devhook which supports up to 3.00.
*PS1 titles transferred from the PS3 will be decrypted and studied by coders.
*The unofficial emulators to be 90%+ complete
*A 'PS3 emulator' that will act as a 'entertainment system' server for the PSP. However there already a homebrew which can stream music.

The backdoor scene will aim to do the following:
*Coders will try and create an artificial Sony store/PS3 transfer protocol on the PC so the PSP will connect to it (relating this to Phantasy Star Online I&II on the Gamecube), thus capable of transferring PS1 titles from the PC to the PSP.
*PS1 titles will be pirated on the web.
*People will be using warez more and more to download original PS1 titles for the unofficial Playstation emulators

Patienece everyone has life's to do as well

F9zDark
November 21st, 2006, 22:06
I doubt it. Remember how he said there wasn't much room on flash0 after the 2.71SE was made, this would mean that he will need to shave a few things off to get a 3.0SE going. From the sound of it, Sony added a bunch of useless crap like remote play (honestly, you're actually going to update to control your PS3 wirelessly even though you have a wireless controller? ok it displays crap on the screen, woop-de-freakin'-do), the crappy "PS1 emu" (not really an emu now is it?), disabled auto-boot (many of us wanted it, no reason to upgrade for it though), and added video support.

The one thing I like about remote play is that I can install my music library to my PS3 and listen to it on my PSP. But thats all from what heard of its functionality; I don't have a PS3, nor do I have a PSP that I will upgrade to make use of it anyway...

To all the people bitching/complaining/crying about the update itself:

Get real, you all have known for MONTHS that 3.0 is coming. Is it really that big a deal to go all apeshit over its release saying things like "Complete and utter bullshit"? Honestly now, its not like Sony just dropped this on us; we have known for quite some time about 3.0 and about most of its features. Some of you act like its some big, horrible surprise that Sony just threw at us...

And finally, onto another point: Does anyone know what other media formats this update allows?

S34MU5
November 21st, 2006, 22:32
Er...
anyone updated is it good?

animekid4
November 21st, 2006, 23:27
Sony Is Cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>=<
^(c>o<)^^(c>o<)^^(c>o<)^^(c>o<)^
Attack them my kirbys......Attack!!!!!!!!!!!!

hyruledeity
November 22nd, 2006, 03:34
ive been looking forward to this update for quite some time, and the rumors flying around made me really excited, with the email and music multi-task and all that good stuff, but now im just really dissapointed. i mean even if a ps3 was available, a purchase just isnt in the cards at $600, so really, the update is useless to me, beside a crappy little visualizer that makes my audio crackle when its on and the umd thing saving me the effort to hit the eject button real fast. i haved loved $ony in the past, but now they just gone downhill. sorry $ony, but unless you fix my psp, you're out as soon as i get my hands on a wii or 360.

NoQuarter
November 22nd, 2006, 04:40
Anybody know why the official website still has 2.82 listed?

animekid4
November 22nd, 2006, 05:20
nope....not a clue..........(I blame samus)(Y)

Sharkey
November 22nd, 2006, 15:02
Anybody know why the official website still has 2.82 listed?

They are probably waiting to release 3.01 now.

If you want to download 3.0 get it here (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/913).

canwemakelove
November 22nd, 2006, 18:56
sony=tosssers

canwemakelove
November 22nd, 2006, 18:56
:eek: 3.01 has been rlsd