PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: WiiConnect 24 kills Wiis

wraggster
November 21st, 2006, 16:17
The joys of having a Wii on launch has come to a sudden, disturbing end for a few gamers in the US, who've reported an online update fed to their console through the WiiConnect 24 service has killed their new console.

According to IGN, faulty consoles affected by the update display an error code indicating the nature of problem, with the most fatal codes being 110213 and 32002.

Users who experience problems can either contact Nintendo to get a replacement console sent to them or, if their Wii already contains data they wish to keep, they have to send their console to Nintendo for repair.

But it could be almost two weeks before a working unit is returned to them, in which time said gamer, who may well have queued up for many hours in sheer anticipation of getting their Wii, could turn homicidal and hit the streets to batter people with their temporarily useless Wii Remotes.

Lets hope Nintendo sort this out right away

Kramer
November 21st, 2006, 16:27
Yeah they better fix these problems because if it happens to me I will literaly go insane after waiting so long and working so hard to get it.

Graxer0419
November 21st, 2006, 16:55
Why dont they just remove the update so no one will download it?

strumstrum
November 21st, 2006, 18:02
is it compulsary to do the update..?

ICE
November 21st, 2006, 18:04
no just if you wanna do stuff online.

masterpaul
November 21st, 2006, 19:17
Thats what you get for buying Nintendo's Experimental Rabblits, America!!!

Goog thing Europe is getting the Wii last. So I can buy my Wii safetly, with out any problems with updates or anything!

EUROPE FEEL SAFE!

Meekasko
November 21st, 2006, 19:41
I feel sorry for anyone that's got this problem, but I hope this get's ironed out in time for 8th December for the Euro launch.

I hate this firmware updating sheet, it scares the crap out of me when I do it on my PSP.

The Hombrew Hunter
November 21st, 2006, 21:17
The joys of having a Wii on launch has come to a sudden, disturbing end for a few gamers in the US, who've reported an online update fed to their console through the WiiConnect 24 service has killed their new console.

According to IGN, faulty consoles affected by the update display an error code indicating the nature of problem, with the most fatal codes being 110213 and 32002.

Users who experience problems can either contact Nintendo to get a replacement console sent to them or, if their Wii already contains data they wish to keep, they have to send their console to Nintendo for repair.

But it could be almost two weeks before a working unit is returned to them, in which time said gamer, who may well have queued up for many hours in sheer anticipation of getting their Wii, could turn homicidal and hit the streets to batter people with their temporarily useless Wii Remotes.

Lets hope Nintendo sort this out right away

If mine busts up, that's cool..

I don't get mine till Dec 22, so I'm busting it out and checking for ANY AND ALL online errors.

Of course, what can you expect from Nintendo's Maiden Online Voyage?

CrackA
November 21st, 2006, 22:27
Thats what you get for buying Nintendo's Experimental Rabblits, America!!!

Goog thing Europe is getting the Wii last. So I can buy my Wii safetly, with out any problems with updates or anything!

EUROPE FEEL SAFE!

thats the only good thing about waiting for new things.